Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by keifernny
Same problem today trying to book 5 night package stay @ Hyatt Regency in Maui, was told that concierge cannot book a rate higher than the standard hotel rate.
Had the same issues getting them to book a package at a six senses property.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Has anyone booked for Cuba? Just wondering if any issue with Citi booking there. Also, any recent update on all-inclusives? I did get 4th night free for an all-inclusive in Playa del Carmen but that was in May.
Just returned from 4nt stay at Westin Playa Conchal in Costa Rica. . All-Inclusive (taxes and all) 4th nt confirmed will received statement credit. I expedited request by emailing copy of folio and received reply reimbursement will process in 1 to 2 billing cycles.

Something I did learn about All-Inclusive resorts. .the number of guests is very important. When I booked with Citi they only put 1 adult. At resort check-in I was told it would be an extra $100/day for 2nd guest.

I replied via email on my original Citi Case ID stating the price difference and within 48 hours had received a reply apologizing and acknowledging rate difference and that my 4th night reimbursement would be the increased rate.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
So I just got off the phone with them and they do have a very strange definition of a billing cycle - the first billing cycle they claim to count is the full one after your checkout date (i.e., if your cycle is 1 of the month to the 31 of the month, and you checked out on Sep 2, the first cycle they count is Oct 1-31). Which in essence means they will reimburse on the third cycle, not the second one.

Is that jive with the common understanding of those who already used this benefit? I found it very strange.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
...in essence means they will reimburse on the third cycle, not the second one..
Another way of looking at it is that the reimbursement comes two cycles after the statement on which the hotel transaction appears, not two cycles after the individual transaction date. This suggests that they have a batch process which looks at Prestige statements for qualifying transactions and it runs only once per cycle.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:44 pm

Anyone know how to escalate? I sent an email asking for help a week ago (in regards to a 2+ month old case that still hasn't booked) and never got a response.

Thinking I need to escalate to Citi or something. It should be a straight forward 4th night free booking. I was booking the cheapest rate available, and the public rate, and they can't get it done.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by alexj7
Anyone know how to escalate? I sent an email asking for help a week ago (in regards to a 2+ month old case that still hasn't booked) and never got a response.

Thinking I need to escalate to Citi or something. It should be a straight forward 4th night free booking. I was booking the cheapest rate available, and the public rate, and they can't get it done.
Time to give them a phone call! The last time I booked with Citi to get the 4th night free, I pretty much had to walk the agent through the booking process. The call took about 25 mins. It would help if you provide the case ID to the agent, so that he/she can reference to the ticket quickly. Good luck!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:55 am

Booked a stay last night. Call was 29m05s.

This process is painful. Anyone know if there are plans to let us do this online?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Another way of looking at it is that the reimbursement comes two cycles after the statement on which the hotel transaction appears, not two cycles after the individual transaction date. This suggests that they have a batch process which looks at Prestige statements for qualifying transactions and it runs only once per cycle.
If that's the case, why does the reimbursement often come mid-cycle?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
If that's the case, why does the reimbursement often come mid-cycle?
Time lag between running the process to locate potentially eligible transactions, and posting the refunds. Sounds as if there might be a manual review in the interim.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by mia
Time lag between running the process to locate potentially eligible transactions, and posting the refunds. Sounds as if there might be a manual review in the interim.
I'm not sure how it works with Aspire, but based on a call I had with a Ten rep in the past, they simply inputted all the amounts in a big spreadsheet, and someone would go through once a month and manually process all the completed stays.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
I've booked three reservations under the "4th night free" program this year, and just received the statement credit for my summer stays. Or at least I assume that is what they are, as there is no way to tie the rebate (posted as " Hotel night rebate 4thNightFree MO") to a specific hotel stay unless the dollar amount is unique and I can match it up to the right folio.

I identified the hotel and rate I wanted via the CWT website, and I didn't find the process for booking on the phone to be particular drawn out or onerous compared to booking a reservation through any other travel agent (my employer requires us to use their preferred travel agency for all flights, but using that agency is optional for hotels). Yes, it is slow compared to Hotels.com, but what isn't?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by nekbet

This process is painful. Anyone know if there are plans to let us do this online?
I think the whole process (booking and receiving credit) will remain manual, I don't think there's enough use of the program to spend the money developing a portal to do all of it and they probably think using the concierge to book is a luxury experience. I'd be willing to bet the benefit is removed before it's automated, but hopefully I'm wrong!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA
I honestly hope they don't make it any easier; this is presumably a loss-leading benefit and the more widely it is used the less like it is to stick around.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:59 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by nekbet

Used the feature for the first time last night (HK time). Mine took 25 mins. The rates were good and they got the hotels we want. Still waiting for the confirmations to come through.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Anyone noticed that the 4th night credit is posting very slowly these days? Used to be that it reliably posted within 4 weeks. But on the last two occasions I've had to email the concierge to get them to post the credit (after about 8 weeks of waiting).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.