Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Smileycj1
I don't recall receiving an email from Aspire with the confirmation I'd get the 4th night refunded, can anyone provide the email address they use? Is it the one mentioned in the wiki at the top?
The email address on all of my confirmations is [email protected].
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Thank you for using your Citi® Prestige Concierge to book your recent hotel stay utilizing our "Fourth Night Free" benefit. We are glad that you were able to "stay a little bit longer", thanks to this benefit available exclusively to Citi® Prestige cardmembers.

As a small token of our appreciation and your loyalty, we are including in this email a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card. This is our way of saying "thank you" for using this service and being a loyal Citi® Prestige cardmember.

Got this email yesterday (coincidentally Prime day too?) but was quite happily surprised!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
hilton is doing a 50% off hotels in Korea/Tokyo right now, but through a different website, would i have difficulty using that rate with this?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by baconjam
See username - I'm a hog A hog who lives by the mantra "H.U.C.A."

Spoke with a new concierge around 7pm EST. Earlier reps had said they are done at 5pm. Booked an overwater bungalow for 4 nights at end of December, received email confirming 4th night free w/in 24 hours. Had to pay non-refundable discount rate in full, so should be able to see statement credit before my stay. Rep didn't hesitate or even mention the "no villas... separate structure" stuff that I got earlier in the day.

This benefit IS outstanding!
You're lucky, I'm still banging my head against the wall over their refusal to let me use the 4th night for a hotel in Bali. The problem is that the room is listed as a "Deluxe Pool Villa" and so there's the confusion of an actual villa (like a house) versus a freestanding room at a resort. The annoying part is that the nightly rate isn't even that much so they'll end up losing a client over a measly amount.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravisSC
The annoying part is that the nightly rate isn't even that much so they'll end up losing a client over a measly amount.
Why would they lose a client? Does another card have a better program?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Has anyone used this 4th night free benefit to book 2 hotel rooms over the same dates (but at two different hotels)?

The FAQ expressly state that you cannot get two 4th night free credits for two rooms at the same hotel over the same dates, but don't mention anything specifically about two separate hotels over the same dates.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
hilton is doing a 50% off hotels in Korea/Tokyo right now, but through a different website, would i have difficulty using that rate with this?
We used 4th nite free @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur using 40% off Flush Sale. We haven't received the credit yet since we just got back a week ago. Btw, we received $50 Amazon gc for it.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
We used 4th nite free @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur using 40% off Flush Sale. We haven't received the credit yet since we just got back a week ago. Btw, we received $50 Amazon gc for it.
Thanks - hoping I don't have any issues since it looks like i have to book directly on the hilton site through their promo page. Will update
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
According to this post, this benefit is now limited to twice a year usage and only at select properties. Time to cancel the card.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...-prestige.html
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Time to cancel the card.
Don't over react. The document discussed may describe the previous version of the Prestige card.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:50 pm

I have 4 nights booked at a hotel, but under a special group rate directly from the hotel ( for a wedding ). I'm guessing this benefit wouldn't apply to those circumstances?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
I have 4 nights booked at a hotel, but under a special group rate directly from the hotel ( for a wedding ). I'm guessing this benefit wouldn't apply to those circumstances?
If you didn't book it through their concierge, the benefit wouldn't apply in any event. If you call and ask them to book it under the special group rate...and if they CAN, you will get the fourth night free. Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Don't over react. The document discussed may describe the previous version of the Prestige card.
I don't think there's any doubt of that.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
On hold to get to an agent for 20 minutes (I'm leaving in one day and checking my emails there's a problem I need to talk to them about), clueless agent can't even figure out which hotel (2 in same city) I need an email sent to me - even though I've told her 3 times!
I'm on hold for a supervisor - after twenty minutes - "sorry there are no managers here.... it's midnight"
RANT - what kind of travel agency doesn't have competent people 24 hours! also there apparently is no way to reach someone if there is a problem with a reservation other than calling (at your expense if in another country)!

However, when I called the cc service rather than Aspire - they said there is a number on the card (if needed to call collect) to the credit card and they will put you through to Aspire.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:13 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
If I book a rate with the Citi 4th night free benefit, but the charge ends up being less than originally quoted; will I still get the statement credit? Will Citi adjust it down to what the 4th night actually cost me, or will they not credit anything? Do they get an itemized bill after the fact?

(The main reason I'm asking is because I'd like to do a Best Rate Guarantee claim against a 4-night stay, and get the 4th night refunded.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.