Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 26, 17, 6:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: swag
Wiki Link
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 21, 15, 11:52 am

Not sure about other high end hotels, but I was able to book the 4th night free at St. Regis Osaka, combined with Starwood's own luxury benefits program.
Old Jan 24, 15, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by cheesedawg View Post
Yeah I tried that last time and they claimed they couldn't book it since it was a "boutique" hotel. Since ryokans (traditional Japanese-style hotels) are pretty much all boutiques, I was going for a list of ones they could book, but maybe they can't book any or something.
What did you wind up figuring out on this front? As it turns out, I have a need to book a 4 night stay in Kyoto in a few weeks and would love to stay in a ryokan.
Old Jan 25, 15, 12:26 am
Suspended

Seems like this benefit would be much better if Citi just let people book 4 nights at a hotel through whatever method they wanted (hotel website, hotels.com, expedia, orbitz, rocketmiles, wherever). Instead, they make people go through this travel agency which is a bit of a hassle.
Old Jan 25, 15, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Seems like this benefit would be much better if Citi just let people book 4 nights at a hotel through whatever method they wanted (hotel website, hotels.com, expedia, orbitz, rocketmiles, wherever). Instead, they make people go through this travel agency which is a bit of a hassle.
Well, there's a good reason for it: CWT gets the commission when you book through them, which subsidizes the cost of the program.
Old Jan 25, 15, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Well, there's a good reason for it: CWT gets the commission when you book through them, which subsidizes the cost of the program.
Yea I understand that. But Citi could really set this card apart if they were to get rid of that aspect.
Old Jan 25, 15, 5:56 pm

Yea I understand that. But Citi could really set this card apart if they were to get rid of that aspect.
The commission is the only way to support the program in the first place, so eliminating the third party would almost certainly mean ending the program. Even if they were to support third-party sites for some reason, it doesn't really save any hassle, since you'd still have to fill out forms and submit documentation detailing your 4-night stay.
Old Jan 25, 15, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
The commission is the only way to support the program in the first place, so eliminating the third party would almost certainly mean ending the program. Even if they were to support third-party sites for some reason, it doesn't really save any hassle, since you'd still have to fill out forms and submit documentation detailing your 4-night stay.
The hassle it would save is that if you see the hotel you want has 4 nights available on hotels.com, you could book right away and know that you're good to go. Going through the agency you have to wait for them to get back to you to confirm.

The documentation isn't the issue. The issue is the delay in being told that your reservation is good to go.
Old Jan 25, 15, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Just recently got the Citi Prestige and I'm already sold on it. I just booked a four night stay at a Hilton in Dubai. I was originally quoted the fully refundable rate, but when I asked for the much lower nonrefundable rate that was displayed on the Hilton website they had no problem securing it for me.
Old Jan 25, 15, 11:56 pm

The hassle it would save is that if you see the hotel you want has 4 nights available on hotels.com, you could book right away and know that you're good to go. Going through the agency you have to wait for them to get back to you to confirm.

The documentation isn't the issue. The issue is the delay in being told that your reservation is good to go.
I agree, I wish they just launched an online portal to use. It would be so much easier and CWT can still get a commission. Dealing with slow reps is a nightmare and I like to look and see my options. It feels so archaic having a rep read me info over the phone.
Old Jan 26, 15, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nick92 View Post
I like to look and see my options.
That's right. I haven't allowed anyone to pick my hotel in over a decade. I'm OCD about my hotel choices and the last thing I want to deal with is telling these folks that I've settled on Hotel X and they come back and tell me "sorry sir, hotel x is no good but we've booked you at a beautiful comparable hotel y."
Old Jan 26, 15, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold
By booking through hotels.com you can get around 20% back (7% cb portal +10% welcome rewards + 3TYP)

The prestige benefit gets you 25% (if you stay exactly 4 nights)+ 3TYP on the spend for the non-free nights.

So do the math and see if the extra hassle to book with CWT is worth the extra savings (for me it's not, but we usually stay at B&B's and not high end chains)
Old Jan 26, 15, 12:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thorthor View Post
By booking through hotels.com you can get around 20% back (7% cb portal +10% welcome rewards + 3TYP)

The prestige benefit gets you 25% (if you stay exactly 4 nights)+ 3TYP on the spend for the non-free nights.

So do the math and see if the extra hassle to book with CWT is worth the extra savings (for me it's not, but we usually stay at B&B's and not high end chains)
Nope my point went right over your head. I'm advocating that the Citi Prestige pay out the 4th night free even if folks book on a site like hotels.com. They just print out the receipt and send it in to Citi for the credit.

My whole point is that booking through CWT is an unnecessary hassle.
Old Jan 26, 15, 1:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Nope my point went right over your head. I'm advocating that the Citi Prestige pay out the 4th night free even if folks book on a site like hotels.com. They just print out the receipt and send it in to Citi for the credit.

My whole point is that booking through CWT is an unnecessary hassle.
since your 'point' made no sense I suggested an alternative scenario for people who wish to obtain a benefit almost as good as the prestige one (but not quite) without the hassle.
Old Jan 26, 15, 1:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thorthor View Post
since your 'point' made no sense I suggested an alternative scenario for people who wish to obtain a benefit almost as good as the prestige one (but not quite) without the hassle.
Nick92 understood my point so clearly it made some sense.
Old Jan 26, 15, 5:50 am

I would love a portal to be able to shop for my own 4th night free hotel. I haven't needed the benefit yet, but having to wait for a human to call me back will annoy me, I already know it. But I'm sure I'll give it a try just once.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: