Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I'm going to try this out in less than a month at a Fairmont property. Booked 4 nights through Citi Prestige Concierge, then called Fairmont to apply a 3rd night free and a suite upgrade Premier certificate each.

I'm not optimistic, but will post a data point in case Citi, given the shambolic state of their IT systems, refunds me the 4th night (it will probably take until March however).

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Does anyone know if this is possible?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:56 pm
Suspended

I don't believe Citi's IT systems have much, if anything, to do with it. As long as it's booked per the terms and your change(s) doesn't trigger a change to the reservation set up by Carlson, everything should work just fine.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Booked a 4 night PRE-PAID stay at Park Hyatt. Tried to apply Diamond Suite Upgrade but it is only available for the last two nights.

I am concerned that if they apply for the last two nights, the reservation will have to be split. Does this nullify 4 night contiguous stay and I lose the 4th night free benefit?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by progapanda
I'm going to try this out in less than a month at a Fairmont property. Booked 4 nights through Citi Prestige Concierge, then called Fairmont to apply a 3rd night free and a suite upgrade Premier certificate each.

I'm not optimistic, but will post a data point in case Citi, given the shambolic state of their IT systems, refunds me the 4th night (it will probably take until March however).
Nice, please let us know how this goes!
I really think it this should be okay... similar to when a hotel messes up BADLY and gives you a partial refund off a night. And Citi IT wouldn't know to disqualify it based on bill amount when one has incidental charges..
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
The government rate may not be an eligible rate under the program, as I doubt that it's commissionable. Keep in mind that it's the fourth night rate that you're rebated for, not an average of the rates for the four nights, so if SPG actually bills the fourth night at the higher rate, you'll be rebated for that.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

In addition, I don't think corporate and government rates are eligible but I could be mistaken... plus there's that ethical question of getting a rebate on a government rate which theoretically should be booked for govt business right?

FDW
I tired to book Gov rate and they have told me they can't as it is considered "membership or corporate discount"

Doesn't make sense to me since AAA is membership.

You don't have to be on government business to receive government rate. Most hotel chains only require to show government ID at check-in to receive the government rate.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I tired to book Gov rate and they have told me they can't as it is considered "membership or corporate discount"

Doesn't make sense to me since AAA is membership.
Is government rate commissionable? AAA rate is.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:59 pm

Just to share my first experience using this benefit.

Called the number in the wiki above, ready with the dates, location, room type I wanted. Concierge took all of the info (this is for a booking in February), asked if I was ready to make a booking today, or if I'd rather receive a written quote. When I told him I was ready to book, he transferred me to CWT agent, fed her all of the info, and she was able to book it for me on the spot. This was a My Hyatt rate, not available to agents, so she literally just went on the Hyatt website and booked it from there. I gave her my Hyatt number, and CC info. Hour or two later got a confirmation email, and the reservation was visible in my Hyatt account. Total time from call to hangup was maybe 15 minutes. 4th night free savings/refund value was over $500, as quoted in my email confirmation. Assuming that refund happens as it's supposed to, this was a flawless and painless execution of the benefit, and pays for the annual fee by itself.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yes! I was just charged the annual fee of $350 and for a moment I though about cancelling the card and then I remembered how this card have saved me aprox $2,000 this year alone!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:33 am

I emailed Citi for 4 nights at a Hyatt and Sheraton and asked for AAA rates. Citi emailed me back with daily rates and didn't even address the AAA rates at all. When I'm ready to call in, will they be able to add the AAA rates then?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Yes! I was just charged the annual fee of $350 and for a moment I though about cancelling the card and then I remembered how this card have saved me aprox $2,000 this year alone!
Terms and conditions still say the program ends 12/31/2015...

Anyone READ any different?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Terms and conditions still say the program ends 12/31/2015...

Anyone READ any different?
I remember it was extended to 12/31/2016
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

This should be interesting. Used this to book a stay at a Le Meridian. Hotel is now closed for renovations so they switched us to st Regis. I wonder how this will effect the fourth night benefit?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:32 pm
Suspended

I'd call Carlson to confirm everything about the reservation has remained the same.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JBauer
T...Le Meridian. Hotel is now closed for renovations so they switched us to st Regis.
If the system is looking for a credit card transaction from Le Meridian it is unlikely to match up with one from another brand at another address. I would discuss it with CWT, not with the hotel chain.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:13 am

Is there a hotel loyalty program that gives 5th night free even when booked through citi? Would be amazing to be able to grab 4th and 5th for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.