Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:58 am

Anyone know if you can get a government rate booking through Carlson? Sounds like you can steer them to whichever rate is available on the hotel website, but would love to know if this is an option before I apply
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Totoro
...Citi will probably drop this benefit -- not that I am cynical.
This feature is listed as a MasterCard benefit. I take this to mean that MasterCard, not Citi, has contracted with Carlson Wagonlit. This suggests that it will also become available on other MasterCard World Elite products -and- that Citi will not determine when the benefit is changed or withdrawn.

Originally Posted by nall
i might need to book two or three rooms at a hotel. Any idea if I can get the fourth night free in each one?

Also, I assume I can't charge this to a different Citi card.
The terms are poorly worded, but I read the final sentence to mean that the room must be occupied by the primary cardholder. Other interpretations are plausible (see post 26, but note that it was booked under a prior version of the program):

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:
Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card.

Only one complimentary night is eligible per room reservation. Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by each primary account Cardholder.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I booked hotel at shangri la in hong kong. Got upgraded room and 4th night free. Credit took 1 statement to appear good deal
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I will be traveling to London next September with my wife and brother and sister-in-law. My wife and I have tons of hotel points, so we'll be looking for that route. My brother and sister-in-law are blessed with an unusually high household income, so they've never been too bothered with points (I know the two are far from mutually exclusive...just how it played out for them). There shouldn't be any problem with me booking points for one room and using this benefit for another room at the same hotel, right? Or can one person not have two reservations on the same name at the same time and check in for both? Pretty basic question, but it's new territory for me.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by roki
... can one person not have two reservations on the same name at the same time and check in for both? ...
In 2014 I twice booked two rooms with separate reservations. Once at a Hyatt and once at a Four Points. When booking online I usually include a note cross referencing the reservations. In your circumstance I would contact the hotel after both reservations have been made and explain that you need two rooms, one paid, one award. I wouldn't expect a problem, but if there is one it's better to deal with it in advance, than at check-in.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:43 am

Is it possible to use this benefit even on Airbnb?

What about a small "boutique" hotel with no online booking system?

What about a super expensive safari lodge that is only bookable by travel agents?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Is it possible to use this benefit even on Airbnb?

What about a small "boutique" hotel with no online booking system?

What about a super expensive safari lodge that is only bookable by travel agents?
I believe Airbnb wouldn't work. However, the Carlson Wagonlit Travel service is a travel agent service as far as I know. You may have luck with the other options. The way booking works is as follows:
1) Call Citi Prestige Concierge
2) Describe to the agent that you want to book travel, using the 4th night free
3) Concierge agent will conference in a travel agent (from CWT)
4) You discuss with the travel agent where and when you are going, which properties you are interested in, etc... just as you might with any agent. They will also ask for a best way to be contacted back, I always suggest email as they can just email me details and I can review them at my leisure.
5) After a period of time (usually <24hrs), the agent will reach out to you with the results. If over email, they'll send you a fully detailed report of the hotels/properties you requested information for, or any additional they might have found. This will include the daily rate and any 4th night free benefits you will receive, all with exact dollar (or local currency) amounts.
6) You call back to the concierge, then they connect you with the travel service (CWT), and you can book the option(s) you like best. The booking portion might be doable over email, but I've never tried.

Given that sequence, you could almost certainly request any property you'd want. Whether or not they can book it would be another story. It's hard to make a blanket statement about situations without trying.

A fellow FT member with the Prestige card and some free time might be able to call the CWT service and try to "book" something given a sample itinerary with your properties to see if they are available.

Last edited by ffflllyyyeeerrr; Jan 4, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:28 pm

Thanks. Also can something like 10-20 4th night free sequences be booked in a row (eg for a 2 month stay)?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Thanks. Also can something like 10-20 4th night free sequences be booked in a row (eg for a 2 month stay)?
I don't see why you couldn't do that. You'd just have to deal with checking in/out at the respective properties and managing lots of bookings. The CWT agent might give you some grief, so it may be best to break it up into a few different calls / booking sessions.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Any guesses if 4th night would count toward fulfilling Hyatt Diamond Challenge (if it comes back)? A previous post indicated full benefits at a Hyatt so it seems like it might.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:03 pm

Just an FYI, that apparently they go back and subtract the thank you points earned for the hotel credit based on my conversation with customer service.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Fujitsujeff
Just an FYI, that apparently they go back and subtract the thank you points earned for the hotel credit based on my conversation with customer service.
This wouldn't be terribly surprising, although I'd be curious if they remove them at the 3x rate or not. I believe when Chase issues refunds, they simply subtract points at the 1x rate instead of any multiple.

You would still receive hotel points for the entirety of the stay, though. I'm using this for a few SPG stays and it will go nicely with the recent SPG promo for bonus points.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
This wouldn't be terribly surprising, although I'd be curious if they remove them at the 3x rate or not. I believe when Chase issues refunds, they simply subtract points at the 1x rate instead of any multiple.

You would still receive hotel points for the entirety of the stay, though. I'm using this for a few SPG stays and it will go nicely with the recent SPG promo for bonus points.
Judging by the statement they took it from the 1x rate.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
has anyone tried to break up a 8+ night reservation into two bookings?

aka, one ressy for 4 nights + another for 4 nights to get two nights free?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
Booked two rooms each for 4 days in Taipei W in this Sep, just before the rule changed. Both rooms got the fourth day credit back to my prestige card. And I also got the whole points and 8 nights stay credit to my SPG account. And one room was upgraded to a fabulous suite. Just booked a four nights stay in Westin Sydney during the new year. The price is the same as the SPG website. Will report the result.
The points and stay credit posted to my SPG account. The hotel was full and I did not get any upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.