Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by htran88
just out of curiosity, which hotel is giving the 5th night free?
I was looking at some luxury resorts in the Caribbean/BVI. They seem to all offer the 5th night free during "hurricane season."
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:50 pm

FYI, I called Citi for an unrelated matter and asked them when I would see the charge appear on my statement for the nonrefundable booking I made 3 weeks ago through the Prestige concierge.

I was transferred to the concierge, who called in CWT, who said the hotel handles the payment directly. So I'll be charged whenever the hotel decides to close their books, neither CWT nor the concierge have anything to do with it.

Interestingly, the other nonrefundable booking I made was charged immediately. Since I was having them match a price found on the hotel website, I'm wondering if they simply used my card number directly on the hotel website.

Last edited by mk712; Jun 10, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by DBordello

I was able to get a quote. However, it is unlikely that I will have the card by the time I leave (Saturday).
I applied/was approved on a Sunday night (late) and received my card that Wednesday, so if you applied Tuesday (I think that's what you said earlier), it's very possible you'll have your card by then. There are lots of reports of people getting their cards within 2-3 days after approval.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaprin02
I applied/was approved on a Sunday night (late) and received my card that Wednesday, so if you applied Tuesday (I think that's what you said earlier), it's very possible you'll have your card by then. There are lots of reports of people getting their cards within 2-3 days after approval.
The card will be delivered via FedEx so it should arrive max 3-4 business days.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:05 pm

I applied Wednesday afternoon and received the card Saturday
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by ckgunn01
I've read the entire thread, but can't find what I'm looking for. My guess is no, but can I book a room for someone else and get the 4th night free? I have a family member who travels a lot, but would never go through all of this. I could book the room for them and have them write me a check for 90% of online price and bag the points and a slight profit. Could always add them as authorized user.
Just tried to get the 4th night free for a trip to NYC for my wife and son. She is an AU on the card, but the Concierge said it is only for the Primary.

I know this is in the Ts&Cs.

But anyone have any luck getting around this?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maxmnx
Just tried to get the 4th night free for a trip to NYC for my wife and son. She is an AU on the card, but the Concierge said it is only for the Primary.

I know this is in the Ts&Cs.

But anyone have any luck getting around this?
1.) Book it under your name.
2.) Call hotel to add note that your wife is also guest and hope front desk lets her check in.
3.) After checkout, call hotel accounts receivables and have them change form of payment to your Prestige card.

Or you can honor the T&Cs in good faith instead of trying to circumvent it by having her apply for her own account.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
4th night Free - Well, sort of

I used the fourth night free on a recent trip to Paris. I have not yet seen the credit post to my account. The Concierge took the information and provided some rates on hotels in 24 - 36 hours. This is not a quick process. I picked a hotel and checked rates away. The hotel had better rates on their web site and a btter rate still on non-refunadable prepaid rates. The Presitge concierge insisted that this hotel "did not particiapte" in offering those rates to travel agents and were thus unavailable under the fourth night free program. I ended up getting a non-prepaid rate though the Citi concierge.

Just like the American Airlines 1.6 cents points redemption where your tickets costs a few dollars more that if you purchased direct from AA.com, the hotel benefit has hidden terms and conditions that you won't lnow about until you try to use it.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rjburns
...hotel benefit has hidden terms and conditions that you won't lnow about until you try to use it.
Some reports earlier in the thread indicate that a CWT manager will honor the terms as written, if you are willing to invest the time.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?

Just used today to book a Sheraton in Tenerife, Spain. They quoted me a price $200 more than spg site. But they Listened to me. Checked for themselves and then matched the spg rate. Nice work.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I read through the thread, I understood basically everyone got their fourth night statement back. I wonder what's the average time for them to post those 4th night statements? Almost one month for me, no statement yet.

Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Is there some way to see the hotels and their rates that the Prestige concierge use to give this 4th night free benefit?

Also some way to see the hotels for World Elite MC benefit (like free breakfast, upgrade if available, etc)?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by recursion
Hello everyone,

I read through the thread, I understood basically everyone got their fourth night statement back. I wonder what's the average time for them to post those 4th night statements? Almost one month for me, no statement yet.

Thank you!
We have been waiting for something since February, with many many calls in to the CG / Prestige / Concierge desk. Also have another one from maybe April we are waiting on.

Booking wasn't easy. And getting the statement credit hasn't happened yet either. Their service reps seem to acknowledge that we are due these monies, but that due to some tech glitch between CWT and Citi its hung up in limbo somewhere.

Until I see the credits hit, I'm leery of using this feature. One is explicitly giving up the potential to book through another portal, or OTA which has a more seamless rebate feature.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
Is there some way to see the hotels and their rates that the Prestige concierge use to give this 4th night free benefit?

Also some way to see the hotels for World Elite MC benefit (like free breakfast, upgrade if available, etc)?
Apparently http://www.cwtvacations.com/home.aspx is Carlson Wagonlit so that is useful
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
In case anyone is thinking about snagging this card but skeptical on this benefit, I was able to email the concierge address in the wiki to obtain a quote for where I intended to try this out without even having a card. Just over 24 hours later, I got an email with a quote for the exact same price as listed on spg.com for an all inclusive resort which will save me around $400 for the 4th night. I'll be heading into a branch tomorrow to apply for the 50k TYP+$350AF offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.