Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 8:01 pm

I know this thread is US based, but wanted to share my experience from Hong Kong. Used the fourth free night offer for a five night stay at Holiday Inn Maldives over Easter. Actually worked out great.

Basically called up Citi concierge in HK, which I think is provided by Ten Lifestyle. I had already checked out the cheapest price for the five nights, which was to book directly through Holiday Inn. Told them my travel dates, etc and Citi concierge said they would come back with a quote. I am not sure which travel agent they use in HK.

They told me basically I would be billed for the full amount (in HKD) and then I would be refunded (in USD) one nights stay (inclusive of all taxes).

When they came back, their quote was higher than the Holiday Inn direct quote, however they agreed to match the Holiday Inn quote by booking directly through Holiday Inn for me. Worked out great, as there was also an IHG bonus points offer if you booked direct through them.

Citi concierge in HK were very much on the ball, with lots of follow up emails and phone calls to make sure the booking and refund was done smoothly.

So overall quite happy with the service and ended up saving something like US$300 as a result.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:23 pm

Who are you all talking to (at both Citi Prestige Concierge and CWT)? I keep getting a quote for the regular daily rate (flexible) for a hotel I'm looking at. The hotel has an advance purchase (non-refundable) "stay 3 and save" type rate, available to anyone on their website. The CWT rep just said "I can't see that rate." When I question that, she said "That hotel doesn't qualify." But they've given me a quote for a different rate at the hotel, so it does qualify.

I've escalated to a supervisor who is going to contact the hotel directly (when their reservations desk opens in half an hour).

Have you all had to escalate to a supervisor to get any rates that are not the regular daily flexible rate?

The T&C of the program says "Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly available fare at the hotel's official website." I feel this lower rate should qualify. Thoughts?

TIA
Old May 13, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
I just tried to book a US Government rate and they wouldn't do it. I didn't expect them to, but figured it was worth a shot.

I like dealing with them via email much more than by phone.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:17 pm

I tried to use this to book a room for three recently (for a family vacation) and it was completely useless. Twice I got offered rooms that would only take 2 people, and one time one of the hotels was for the wrong city. I just gave up.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Homer15
I tried to use this to book a room for three recently (for a family vacation) and it was completely useless. Twice I got offered rooms that would only take 2 people, and one time one of the hotels was for the wrong city. I just gave up.
sounds like you did not ask for specific hotels/rooms? that would always be recommended.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sounds like you did not ask for specific hotels/rooms? that would always be recommended.
It was a busy time for hotel rooms, so I did not specify what hotels, but I certainly specified that I wanted three people to fit in the room.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
First time experience. Called the 877 number at 9 PM and answered whatever questions asked. Forty minutes later concierge calls back with travel agent on line. Agent quoted a bit higher rate, but took time to find the proper AAA rate. Fourteen minutes to complete transaction. Smooth!
Old May 20, 2015, 11:44 am

I’m thinking of booking 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. This hotel has a special rate for “book 2 nights or more”. No code needed, just 2 or more nights. Will I be able to book this rate with the Prestige and get the 4th night free? If so, how will they determine the price of the 4th night?

I’m also interested in knowing how Citi handles this when the cost of the individual nights don’t add up to the same as booking the stay as a whole. For example, I looked at PH Tokyo for June 27-July 1. When I added up the cost of the 4 nights at daily rate individually, I got 260K yen. When I booked 4 nights together, it says 55K/night, so that’s 220K yen. What does Citi do in this instance?
Old May 20, 2015, 11:53 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I’m thinking of booking 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. This hotel has a special rate for “book 2 nights or more”. No code needed, just 2 or more nights. Will I be able to book this rate with the Prestige and get the 4th night free? If so, how will they determine the price of the 4th night?

I’m also interested in knowing how Citi handles this when the cost of the individual nights don’t add up to the same as booking the stay as a whole. For example, I looked at PH Tokyo for June 27-July 1. When I added up the cost of the 4 nights at daily rate individually, I got 260K yen. When I booked 4 nights together, it says 55K/night, so that’s 220K yen. What does Citi do in this instance?
You book through the CWT travel agency. Whatever price they get for the 4th night is what you get credited.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if one has obtained rates (for what is available) by looking at hotel's own website, then conversation/email can be sped up

hedoman, thanks for confirming re AAA, i recently noticed that it can indeed be commissionable

pretty sure this is one of the times where they take price paid on the LAST night, in this case the fourth night of stay
dynamic rates (when hotels use them) can mean the rate for that night can vary based on arrival/departure/length/etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 20, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Old May 20, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty smooth reservation made here. Travel agent gave the Citi concierge the amount of the 4th night in US dollars, I assume for the eventual credit. Stay showed up in my SPG account before the end of the call. Good overall discounting here with the 4th night free, the triple TY points for hotels, and my triple SPG from Plat and Delta 1x Plat crossover.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like I can't apply SPG suite night upgrades to this reservation. Given that I had a reservation on points at this same location recently and I was able to apply the upgrades to that, I'm wondering if I really won't be getting SPG benefits here. The Citi people were pretty certain I would, and FT research generally agrees. But I can't see what else about this reservation makes is so that I can't apply an upgrade.

Citi/CWT took my SPG number when I booked, and the reservation is in my account.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Looks like I can't apply SPG suite night upgrades to this reservation. Given that I had a reservation on points at this same location recently and I was able to apply the upgrades to that, I'm wondering if I really won't be getting SPG benefits here. The Citi people were pretty certain I would, and FT research generally agrees. But I can't see what else about this reservation makes is so that I can't apply an upgrade.

Citi/CWT took my SPG number when I booked, and the reservation is in my account.
That's strange. As I understand it all that happens is that Citi/CWT book it as a normal 4 night stay and then Citi refunds you the 4th night. As far as the hotel is concerned, you have booked a 4 night stay and the 4th night refund has nothing to do with the hotel.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

josephstern, did you book rate available on starwood website?

you talked to starwood and they said no, did you ask why not?
Old May 22, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
josephstern, did you book rate available on starwood website?

you talked to starwood and they said no, did you ask why not?
Yes - the prepaid rate available on the website.

I didn't speak with them. I was attempting the upgrade online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.