Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by jeepie
I've done it with Four Seasons, was very open with Aspire (because I wanted the exact deal offered on the website), and the rep acknowledged it was a good deal. Should be no problem, good luck.
Stayed July 4-8, emailed the concierge my receipt and folio yesterday, received this response today.

Dear niehaubs,

Thank you for emailing us a copy of your folio. We have proceeded with your 4th Night Credit. That was a great promotion with the 3rd night free with our 4th night free. Your credit of $414.17 USD should be seen on your statement within 5- 7 days.

We thank you for using your Citi Prestige card and look forward to assisting you with your future travels.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by niehaubs
That was a great promotion with the 3rd night free with our 4th night free.[/I]
I love how the reps on the phone seem impressed with the savings, I had one that was blown away when my 4th night price was just slightly less than the other 3 nights combined. I feel like I'm getting away with something but they are slow clapping on the other end of the line.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:26 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
You need to tell them the exact safari lodge and dates ( make sure the dates are available before you call). There should be no problem booking with 4th night free. You will get verbal confirmation on the phone before you hang up and then an email almost immediately.
I was just told by the Citi Concierge that Safari lodges do NOT count for 4th night free.

I am looking at booking one for January.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Just booked a hotel on the Amalfi coast for August 2018 using the 4th night free perk with the Prestige card. The cost per night was the same for all four nights. Decided to use the benefit before the new rules take effect as I was able to deduct the taxes for one night (113.51). Total savings $1248.64 for the four nights. Thank you Citi! Of course the CSR stated that I will not see the credit for a couple of billing cycles. The booking process was smooth although I was placed on hold a few times to sort it all out.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Moflav
Just booked a hotel on the Amalfi coast for August 2018 using the 4th night free perk with the Prestige card. The cost per night was the same for all four nights. Decided to use the benefit before the new rules take effect as I was able to deduct the taxes for one night (113.51). Total savings $1248.64 for the four nights. Thank you Citi! Of course the CSR stated that I will not see the credit for a couple of billing cycles. The booking process was smooth although I was placed on hold a few times to sort it all out.
Was this a prepaid reservation, or pay at checkout? If the latter, "not see the credit for a couple of billing cycles" is an understatement, you'll be credited after checkout, sometime around Sept 2018.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
That's exactly what I did.
Did you get back the full 4th night amount? Or the cash portion of the p&c booking?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by swag
Was this a prepaid reservation, or pay at checkout? If the latter, "not see the credit for a couple of billing cycles" is an understatement, you'll be credited after checkout, sometime around Sept 2018.
Pay at checkout with a deposit of one night 29 days prior to arrival. I am assuming that I pay the balance at checkout and hopefully the credit appears in the next billing.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Moflav
Pay at checkout with a deposit of one night 29 days prior to arrival. I am assuming that I pay the balance at checkout and hopefully the credit appears in the next billing.
If they are changing the booking process for the 4th night free benefit then I wonder how they will monitor bookings like these that are so far out. All speculation at this point but if they are doing away with the concierge process then it will be interesting to see how this plays out fur such bookings.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: American ExPlat SPG Plat
I have used this benefit extensively since summer 2016. Probably 25-30 times, netting nearly $8k. The phone calls take longer than they should, but are professional, friendly, and have never made a mistake. The statement credits have accelerated, typically posting within 2 weeks after I check out.

So despite the recent changes, hell yeah I'm keeping this card.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by BrockAdams
I have used this benefit extensively since summer 2016. Probably 25-30 times, netting nearly $8k. The phone calls take longer than they should, but are professional, friendly, and have never made a mistake. The statement credits have accelerated, typically posting within 2 weeks after I check out.

So despite the recent changes, hell yeah I'm keeping this card.
I've been using the e-mail a lot with great reauslts - especially if sending it over the weekend.

My quickest response time was about 15 min from the moment I've sent the e-mail to receiving full confirmation. Most cases there is a response within the hour.

Easy and effective.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:29 am

I'm considering this card for the upcoming 7/23 sign-up bonus bc I have a couple of hotel stays that would make it more than worthwhile for my upcoming wedding and honeymoon. However, the wedding stay is already confirmed with Marriott and the rate is a bit higher now than when I booked. Although the T&C state the stay must be "booked" through the Citi Concierge, does anyone have experience with success or failure having the Concierge modify the payment of an existing reservation to qualify for the 4th night benefit? Many thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:46 pm

after your stay: do you need to get an email from them confirming 4th night refund or you may get the refund without any notification?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
after your stay: do you need to get an email from them confirming 4th night refund or you may get the refund without any notification?
It seems that they have gotten better with sending an email but not all the time.

But it I probably use this benefit more than the average person.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:00 pm

Thanks! I'll wait some more but looks like will have to contact them.

Originally Posted by 355F1
It seems that they have gotten better with sending an email but not all the time.

But it I probably use this benefit more than the average person.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Has anyone ever used this benefit to book a property on Vacasa?

It's a home sharing website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.