Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:33 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
There's a starwood promo for 2nd night 40% off, if I book 4 nights, does starwood average the daily rate, or is the 2nd night 40% off ?
Are you talking about the Starwood Z2H code? I believe that it's a 20% discount on the entire reservations of 2 or more nights; not 40% for the second night specifically. In that case, Starwood averages the rates.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
Are you talking about the Starwood Z2H code?...
I think the reference is to an offer like this one (promotion codes P4B and P4C):

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...offerCode=AMEX

...but it requires prepayment with an American Express card.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by helvetic
Are you talking about the Starwood Z2H code? I believe that it's a 20% discount on the entire reservations of 2 or more nights; not 40% for the second night specifically. In that case, Starwood averages the rates.
http://www.americas.starwoodoffers.com/bettertomorrows

Looks like PC:ZB4
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
How much is your time worth?

Now on hold for 30 minutes b/c "concierge" (and I use that term loosely ) couldn't find the reservation that was made 2 days ago for me by them and I had called to see why I didn't get an email from them!

Prepaid rate is already charged to THEIR card. Original citi person said they had to call Starwood b/c their system wasn't working and I would get confirm email within 24 hours (it's now 48).

MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASE NUMBER from them (in case they can't find your reservation)

I NEVER BOOK ANYTHING THAT IS NOT 4 NIGHTS ON THEIR CARD SO THEY ARE LOOSING A LOT OF COMMISSION.

So I have to decide if saving $100 is worth 2 hours of my time and "we're sorry we're upgrading our system...... I can't find the reservation... ad nauseum"

Oh.... and there NEVER is a supervisor available
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:44 am

I wonder why so many people have problems with this concierge. I've made 5 or 6 total bookings over the past 12 months and never took more than 20-30 minutes for the whole call. I always know which hotel and what dates, and I always have the promo/corp code handy. I've booked prepaid rates, corporate rates, and once even a riad in Marrakech. It all went smoothly. The agent just goes online like I would so I know what they're going to see.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I wonder why so many people have problems with this concierge. I've made 5 or 6 total bookings over the past 12 months and never took more than 20-30 minutes for the whole call. I always know which hotel and what dates, and I always have the promo/corp code handy. I've booked prepaid rates, corporate rates, and once even a riad in Marrakech. It all went smoothly. The agent just goes online like I would so I know what they're going to see.
Yep. Same here. I think I've used it 9 times so far just this year alone.

Never a problem. I know the hotel, the online rates, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Just a report to everyone. I tried booking the "Excellence Playa Mujeres" and was told it is not eligible for the 4th night free. The reason is, when booking, they charge per person instead of per room.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Just a report to everyone. I tried booking the "Excellence Playa Mujeres" and was told it is not eligible for the 4th night free. The reason is, when booking, they charge per person instead of per room.
Interesting. I've booked Excellence resorts in the past and was successful (that said the stays are in the future and I'll be p/o if they deny the benefit after the stay).
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:50 am

Is there a pattern to when the credit posts? In the times I've used the benefit, the credit posted anywhere from 10 days to 4 weeks after checkout. I haven't noticed a clear correlation with statement date. My AF will post at the end of January 2017 (26th?) and I have a stay in BKK February 6-11. Citi gives either 30 or 37 days to cancel and get AF refunded. That would mean the credit would have to post by February 25 or March 4 for me to safely cancel my card. Wishful thinking?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Matter of perception, perhaps? For example, your post states it's never taken more than 20-30 minutes to book a hotel reservation using the concierge.

From my perspective, that's really slow, especially when you also state you have been providing the concierge with all of the information they need to make the reservation.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I Find Calling the Concierge Company a Very Frustrating Experience

I agree that because of the processes and procedures used by the Aspire Concierge, it is an extremely frustrating experience to call them.

Here's why:

1. Looking up Profile:
I find when I call I have to spell out my first name, last name, and maybe give them my zip code. I have a very long last name. Then it takes them some time to look me up in there system. I would prefer to even enter in my citi# in an automated VRU so when the rep come on the line, they have all my information. Its extremely inefficient to do the lookup by name. It would be faster if I could give them my card# or tel# instead of having to spell out my name.
**This #1 is the worst part of the experience.**

2. Taking Down Information Instead of Directly Booking the Hotel:
I've found on several occasions if I have to book a stay in the future, instead of working through the booking over the phone with me, they want to take down all my details, and then later have someone call me. This presents many issues, such as the rate could change being the biggest one.

3. Some Concierges Not Familiar with Programs:
The card also has access to a Mastercard hotel program that is similar to Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts or Virtuoso; where you receive on property benefits. The one time I called about this, bookign the W DC, the rep was not familiar with this program. I think I had to stay on the phone with them for about 30 minutes while they figured out what this program was and how to book it. Since then, I've figured out you can directly book it at
http://travel.mastercard.com
so thank god, now if I have to book these, I don't have to go through the cumbersome process of calling the concierge company. I can fully manage the bookings online. This is similar to Amex FHR which can be done 100% online.

4. Slow Process:
It just takes time going through the booking, and I would prefer to do this online myself. I wish I could book the room on the hotels web site entering in the IATA # of the concierge service, and then maybe filling out a web form. I can't really fault them too much on this one as I'm sure a lot of paperwork has to be filled out to trigger the 4th night free benefit; but its frustrating.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that if you have to spend 20 minutes on the phone booking a pretty simple hotel reservation that that in of itself is frustrating.

I love this benefit, but I just wish they had better processes!

I wish for example you could fill out all your details on a web form, including authentation, and write in the hotel date you want, and then the rep would come on the line and see all that you have typed in.

I also don't know what the typical turn around time is if you submit a res request by email, if its fast, maybe I should try this instead of calling in to the concierge company? Again, my only fear is a rate change in the time it would take them to book the reservation over email.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter
4. Slow Process:
It just takes time going through the booking, and I would prefer to do this online myself. I wish I could book the room on the hotels web site entering in the IATA # of the concierge service, and then maybe filling out a web form. I can't really fault them too much on this one as I'm sure a lot of paperwork has to be filled out to trigger the 4th night free benefit; but its frustrating.
Be careful what you ask for. It seems that they will move for booking on the thankyou point site - but my guess that the ability to book special rates and hotels that are not present in the mainstream online booking will vanish at that point.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I agree its an advantage that they typically book on the hotels web site, so that you earn elite perks and qualifying points. I just wish they would tell you more what they are doing, like "I'm bringing up the IHG site right now to get those rates," instead of just listening to silence, or clicking on the keyboard, or wondering what is going on.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter
I agree its an advantage that they typically book on the hotels web site, so that you earn elite perks and qualifying points. I just wish they would tell you more what they are doing, like "I'm bringing up the IHG site right now to get those rates," instead of just listening to silence, or clicking on the keyboard, or wondering what is going on.
I totally agree it takes more time than it would take to book directly. Of course they need to retype all your information (because they are not logged in to your account as you would do when you book), and might not be versed on the in and outs of one's favorite hotel chain website.

And while I wish they could make the process easier (i.e., let ones book themselves and just report back) this would never happen. Remember the goal is to allow people have the illusion of having a benefit, without making it so easy that it would cost more than it is already does.

I wonder how many people just give up when they see they need to call in to make the booking. For each one of those you need to make the time/benefit calculation, and that is exactly where they want you to be.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok so I have Diamond status with Hilton and my wife has the Citi Prestige card. Can she book a hotel for four nights, then add my Hilton number to reservation so we'd get Diamond benefits, but still get the 4th night free on her card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.