Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 26, 17, 6:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: swag
Wiki Link
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 3, 16, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by op487062 View Post
I had to wait about a week to receive my email for a trip in December.
Thank you, email was finally received
Old Aug 3, 16, 11:39 pm

I called tonight to book a ritz carlton and tried to book a package rate that included breakfast. After much stress and holding, I was told that they cannot book any package rate at all for the Ritz. They can only book reward member rates and standard rates. Rates cannot be packages that include breakfasts or "packages" that have some discount % off a room rate. This rule isn't listed in the terms and conditions for the 4th night free benefit....
Old Aug 4, 16, 6:07 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by BerkeleyPaul View Post
We are staying with a medical corporate code at a Marriott for 15 days. For the first 8 days, we will need two rooms to accommodate our large family. For the remaining 7 days, we will squeeze and will only need 1 room. I understand issues with back to back reservations only getting reimbursed once (a separate issue). The hotel can't officially book them as one room/adjoining online, but as 2 rooms (maybe nearby or across the hall).

Does anyone have any experience with reimbursement in a situation like this? Both rooms are under the Prestige cardholder's name, who is the guardian of those staying in the other room. Would the two rooms count as 1 reservation if I booked them at the same time? i.e. would I be refunded both rooms on the 4th night?
Book nights 1-4 w/ citi; 5th direct under another name; 6-9th w/ citi; 10th direct; etc.

That's the only way to maximize the Citi benefit.
Old Aug 4, 16, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
Book nights 1-4 w/ citi; 5th direct under another name; 6-9th w/ citi; 10th direct; etc.

That's the only way to maximize the Citi benefit.
And, I suppose, don't unpack since you are likely to be moved around? Unless you can work it out with the front desk. Right?
Old Aug 4, 16, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, SPG Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by needmorevacay View Post
I called tonight to book a ritz carlton and tried to book a package rate that included breakfast. After much stress and holding, I was told that they cannot book any package rate at all for the Ritz. They can only book reward member rates and standard rates. Rates cannot be packages that include breakfasts or "packages" that have some discount % off a room rate. This rule isn't listed in the terms and conditions for the 4th night free benefit....
I'd be interested to learn if this is true as it would constitute another downgrade of the benefits.
Old Aug 4, 16, 2:12 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, AS MVPG, UA G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DUKEswoosh View Post
I'd be interested to learn if this is true as it would constitute another downgrade of the benefits.
I agree, if you can't use promotion codes, 4th night free would rarely end up saving me anything. Really only good for a specific hotel that does not discount, which I am unlikely to stay at.

Of all of the changes, this is the one I'm most unhappy with, because they seem to have changed policy with no warning and no grace period for new cardholders.

But it was a ridiculous benefit anyway; hard to see how it made financial sense.
Old Aug 4, 16, 2:22 pm

I dont have any experience with the benefit yet so excuse my ignorance.....but can you book exec/club rooms with this rate?
Old Aug 4, 16, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, SPG Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
I agree, if you can't use promotion codes, 4th night free would rarely end up saving me anything. Really only good for a specific hotel that does not discount, which I am unlikely to stay at.

Of all of the changes, this is the one I'm most unhappy with, because they seem to have changed policy with no warning and no grace period for new cardholders.

But it was a ridiculous benefit anyway; hard to see how it made financial sense.
Without the benefit though they are hardly competitive with their competitors like AMEX Platinum and the supposed new Chase Sapphire Visa Infinite card.
Old Aug 4, 16, 6:58 pm

There is something in their Terms and Conditions that states it is a Best Available Rate unfortunately. If it includes any perk (like breakfast) that is higher than the lowest possible rate, then it is not qualified for fourth night free.

I had a long phone call with Aspire about this
Old Aug 4, 16, 7:54 pm

There is something in their Terms and Conditions that states it is a Best Available Rate unfortunately. If it includes any perk (like breakfast) that is higher than the lowest possible rate, then it is not qualified for fourth night free.

Is this just for the Ritz, or any hotel?

Are you saying that if the lowest possible rate IS the breakfast rate then it still qualifies for 4NF?
Old Aug 4, 16, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by DUKEswoosh View Post

Update: I sent an email to concierge to get quotes for this Ritz w/ the breakfast included package 2 days ago. They got back to me this morning and quoted me the breakfast included package and gave the 4th night free benefit with this rate in the email quote. Yesterday, I was told on the phone I couldn't do it. So, I'm amused that I got a response today basically saying I could book that package and get the 4th night free deducted. I wonder if it will book though - my guess is some supervisor might squash the booking - perhaps this agent who email replied wasn't aware of their new policy. Sounds like a YMMV at this point.
Old Aug 5, 16, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Is this just for the Ritz, or any hotel?

Are you saying that if the lowest possible rate IS the breakfast rate then it still qualifies for 4NF?
That's how the concierge explained it to me. If the lowest rate happens to include breakfast, then it applies. Last week, when I called to make a reservation at RC Tokyo, the only rate listed for a certain suite included breakfast. The concierge put me on hold and called RC reservations and found a slightly lower rate--without breakfast included of course. I was stuck with that rate

Like needmorevacay's experience, I've had different responses from Aspire and I've noticed since June it hasn't been to my benefit.
Old Aug 5, 16, 1:02 pm

That's how the concierge explained it to me. If the lowest rate happens to include breakfast, then it applies. Last week, when I called to make a reservation at RC Tokyo, the only rate listed for a certain suite included breakfast. The concierge put me on hold and called RC reservations and found a slightly lower rate--without breakfast included of course. I was stuck with that rate

Like needmorevacay's experience, I've had different responses from Aspire and I've noticed since June it hasn't been to my benefit.
I can't find any reference to their Ritz/Four Seasons benefits (or lack thereof now) on their website. It's highly aggravating.
Old Aug 6, 16, 12:45 pm

I think the RC/FS benefit is part of World MasterCard Luxury Benefits and not Citi Prestige.
Old Aug 6, 16, 2:34 pm

Help getting around the process

I only need a hotel for a Friday and Saturday night, but it is cheaper if I book a room Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday with Saturday being the free night that is reimbursed. Has anyone had any luck making a 4 night reservations but not checking in until the third night (so first two nights would be empty)? Citi says they check with the hotel to make sure you were there all 4 nights but I find that hard to believe. Anyone does this before?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: