FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

whoknew89 Jan 6, 2016 8:28 pm

I think that Citibank is having some technical issues as of late. I applied for the AA Plat only to get a instant denial then received an "You're approved" email about 12 hours later.

That coupled with issues logging in, Secure Message sent taking forever to get a reply. Something smells fishy.

Odd the agent told you that you would not receive credit, but then again he/she might not be aware of the loophole that I'm sure will get closed eventually. It's worth noting that the application page no longer says "world". So it is possible that Citibank is auto approving for the WE instead of converting a few months later.

I'd be interesting for anyone who's applied in 2016 what type of card they receive in the mail with the welcome letter. World Elite or World.

D93 Jan 7, 2016 1:36 am

Originally Posted by whoknew89 (Post 25975421)
I think that Citibank is having some technical issues as of late. I applied for the AA Plat only to get a instant denial then received an "You're approved" email about 12 hours later.

That coupled with issues logging in, Secure Message sent taking forever to get a reply. Something smells fishy.

Odd the agent told you that you would not receive credit, but then again he/she might not be aware of the loophole that I'm sure will get closed eventually. It's worth noting that the application page no longer says "world". So it is possible that Citibank is auto approving for the WE instead of converting a few months later.

I'd be interesting for anyone who's applied in 2016 what type of card they receive in the mail with the welcome letter. World Elite or World.

The application page still says "Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®" and the approval page says "Congratulations, XXXXXXXXXX. You have been approved for a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®.".

D93 Jan 7, 2016 1:39 am

Link 4c isn't working -

"A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later."

sarrisa Jan 7, 2016 7:55 am

So people are applying for 4C and then getting a bump to 60K offer? My husband received 2 invitations for the 60K offer. Can I just use the code to sign up or would it be better to apply using 4C and then ask for bump?

diclemeg Jan 7, 2016 8:18 am

Does anyone know if the max 2 applications within 60 days rule, includes a citigold CHECKING account application, or is it only referring to credit applications?

mh1361 Jan 7, 2016 8:55 am

The landing page for 4c,d loaded for me in an incognito window. I was approved through that link on Tuesday. I guess I'll try upping the offer to 60k once I get the card. Interestingly enough when I cancelled my previous card after getting approved for the new card, they gave me a prorated AF refund. On top of the spend $95 for a $95 statement credit offer I received when the AF posted. Not too shabby.

ninim2200 Jan 7, 2016 9:30 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 25975162)
I just got the 60K offer in the mail. I was about to apply again anyway, since they converted my last World to WE recently. Too bad I didn't get this before that conversion.

You don't need a mail offer to get the 60k bonus.

ninim2200 Jan 7, 2016 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sarrisa (Post 25977702)
So people are applying for 4C and then getting a bump to 60K offer? My husband received 2 invitations for the 60K offer. Can I just use the code to sign up or would it be better to apply using 4C and then ask for bump?

You can use either one, the invitation is more guaranteed process than asking to match the offer, saying that i got matched 3 times in the last 45 days for 3 family members.

colleged Jan 7, 2016 9:49 am

Waiting time for applying again

I just talked to Citi.

On the personal and business account, was told they look for 18 months from the date the last bonus was received rather than 18 months from the last opening or closing of the account.

Do I believe what Citi told me or what I see posted here?

fromfall98 Jan 7, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sarrisa (Post 25977702)

If you have indeed received invitation for 60K, why would you want to use 4c then? Using 4c and asking to match 60k is done by people just because they have not received 60K offer invitation.

ninim2200 Jan 7, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by colleged (Post 25978375)
I just talked to Citi. On the personal and business account, was told they look for 18 months from the date the last bonus was received rather than 18 months from the last opening or closing of the account.

You can talk to citi 5 different times and you will probably get 5 different answers, you can read the wiki about citi CSRs and makeup your own mind whether to believe what you were told or not.

ninim2200 Jan 7, 2016 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Compfreak (Post 25975221)
Does anyone know if the AA Business Card is churnable?Does it fall under the 18 month rule? New users only (as stated in the wiki)? What's actually enforced?

there is no 18 months rule for business, i would read the wiki to understand how business cards Churn-ability ( i don't know if this is even a word:D)work, not work, YMMV.

PETERPNYC Jan 7, 2016 10:49 am

Just want to be certain , Is closing my first with AF due, Citi AA Plat select that converted to WE the best way to go ? Denied credit @ retention.

Am I correct in that it does not influence the 18 months clock, and CL goes back faster than asking to transfer CL to another card before closing.

Thanks

PaulMSN Jan 7, 2016 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 25978250)
You don't need a mail offer to get the 60k bonus.

I meant that with the mail offer, had it come before my last World was converted to WE, would have allowed me an extra application, since they seem to stand outside the 18 month rules. I could have completed the mail offer, gotten 60K, then applied again after the W --> WE conversion.

sdsearch Jan 7, 2016 11:24 am

Originally Posted by colleged (Post 25978375)
I just talked to Citi.

On the personal and business account, was told they look for 18 months from the date the last bonus was received rather than 18 months from the last opening or closing of the account.

Citi agents make things up all the time. This sounds like an agent who just moved to Citi from Chase, since they seem to be quoting Chase rules (other than the amount of time) rather than Citi rules :eek:. It's Chase, not Citi, who cares about when you got the last signup bonus.

There's another source besides the Citi agents and here that you should look at (and see whether that source matches the Citi agents or what you see here): The wording on each credit card application terms & conditions! That's where it has (up to now) said 18 months since last open or close. Has that wording changed? If not, why is a Citi agent contradicting the wording on the application terms & conditions? If you HUCA (hang up, call again), will the next agent back up the agent you talked to before, or go back to quoting what the application terms & conditions say?

Meanwhile, what you should have posted here is that Citi can't count.

(The 65 in the 8/65 rule is documented by Citi as 60, but Citi has denied people at 62 or 63,s so we added padding to make sure that it was safe at 65.)

So it's safer to add a month or two to 18 anyway (if you don't have a W->WE conversion which makes the 18 irrelevant).