FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

ninim2200 Feb 14, 2016 5:16 pm

I understand there are mixed reports here and there discussing getting the bonus or not on a W-WE cases, so I went ahead and took one for the team and applied for another card, I will update once I receive the letter or the card.

Ed Janowsky Feb 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks ninim! I'm also tempted.

IAD_flyer Feb 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 26185538)
I understand there are mixed reports here and there discussing getting the bonus or not on a W-WE cases, so I went ahead and took one for the team and applied for another card, I will update once I receive the letter or the card.

Thanks, for taking one for the team! As you are knowledgeable about the process your data point will be key.

gizayabasu Feb 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Anyone ever run into the situation where your points for spend post, but not the points for the bonus? Not sure if I should contact Citi about it and bring to their attention that I've been utilizing W-WE.

michael_v Feb 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by gizayabasu (Post 26186345)
Anyone ever run into the situation where your points for spend post, but not the points for the bonus? Not sure if I should contact Citi about it and bring to their attention that I've been utilizing W-WE.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...solidated.html

fredc84 Feb 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 26185538)

I applied for the wife's 2nd W card (after the first converted) on 2/10, I'll post the results as well.

gizayabasu Feb 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 26186367)

My accounts are linked just fine. My spend points have transferred to my account just fine. Just not the bonus.

ninim2200 Feb 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by gizayabasu (Post 26186391)
My accounts are linked just fine. My spend points have transferred to my account just fine. Just not the bonus.

did your statement show the bonus?
when did your statement close?

gizayabasu Feb 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 26186441)
did your statement show the bonus?
when did your statement close?

My statement shows the bonus. It just closed on Friday. Obviously, I'm going to wait it out a week or so, but my first bonus and spend both posted at the same time, whereas only the spend on my second card is reflected on my AA account, even if my statement shows that I have earned the bonus.

IAD_flyer Feb 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by gizayabasu (Post 26186568)
My statement shows the bonus. It just closed on Friday. Obviously, I'm going to wait it out a week or so, but my first bonus and spend both posted at the same time, whereas only the spend on my second card is reflected on my AA account, even if my statement shows that I have earned the bonus.

I have at one time had my bonus and spend miles post five days apart.

sdsearch Feb 15, 2016 8:19 am

Huh? Why would you need to mention W->WE to them? If the statement showed the bonus, that's all you need to mention. (But again, wait it out another week or so, because there is precedent for it getting there slower.)

I'm presuming you first card bonus that you mentioned was some time ago, not in the past week. AA, not Citi, will get confused if you're "late" on the spend on the first card and "quick" on the spend on the second card and they post about the same time, then Citi thinks it's a duplicate. So that's why you need to explain your timing of when the bonus on the first card posted vs when the spend on the second card posted.

fredc84 Feb 15, 2016 8:29 am

You want to contact Citi and tell them that you and a lot folks here have been gaming the system thru the card conversions to get tons of extra miles? W/WE is not a benefit, it's a loophole that is being exploited. Pointing it out to Citi will just bring (more) attention to that.

StartinSanDiego Feb 15, 2016 9:03 am

Short answer: YES, this happens all the time, with Citi and with other banks. Online, there is often a lag while the spend tallys itself in the bowels of Citi, then, there is often another lag, sometimes for a whole billing cycle, for the miles to show up at AA. This is normal, and not uncommon. Look under the "rewards" section to see if you've got the 50K bonus coming. It will tally your spend and remaining days to meet the spend. This tally can be very slow to update, but is quite handy for quick access. If you're sure you've met the spend in less than 90 days, then just sit back, relax, and read the thread someone thoughtfully linked for you about delays in miles posting. No need to call at all!

gizayabasu Feb 15, 2016 10:13 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26188099)
Huh? Why would you need to mention W->WE to them? If the statement showed the bonus, that's all you need to mention. (But again, wait it out another week or so, because there is precedent for it getting there slower.)

I'm presuming you first card bonus that you mentioned was some time ago, not in the past week. AA, not Citi, will get confused if you're "late" on the spend on the first card and "quick" on the spend on the second card and they post about the same time, then Citi thinks it's a duplicate. So that's why you need to explain your timing of when the bonus on the first card posted vs when the spend on the second card posted.

This is my bad completely. Worded it really poorly. What I was trying to say is whether I should contact Citi or not since there's a chance they may notice that this isn't my first AA card in the past 18 months. Of course I wouldn't deliberately point out that I'm utilizing a loophole.

gizayabasu Feb 15, 2016 10:16 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 26188288)
Short answer: YES, this happens all the time, with Citi and with other banks. Online, there is often a lag while the spend tallys itself in the bowels of Citi, then, there is often another lag, sometimes for a whole billing cycle, for the miles to show up at AA. This is normal, and not uncommon. Look under the "rewards" section to see if you've got the 50K bonus coming. It will tally your spend and remaining days to meet the spend. This tally can be very slow to update, but is quite handy for quick access. If you're sure you've met the spend in less than 90 days, then just sit back, relax, and read the thread someone thoughtfully linked for you about delays in miles posting. No need to call at all!

Yeah, it's just that the strange thing is that my statement said accounted for both the spend and bonus miles, which were sent to AA, yet the only thing that's reported on both Citi and AA's end are the spend miles. My previous experience was that both the spend and bonus were reported on the same day. I'll obviously wait to account for usual delays, but I just thought it was strange that they did report points, but not the entire balance of points I was to get for that statement.

In normal circumstances, there would be no rush for the miles, but I'd like the miles to make an F booking before the devaluation.