FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

duranza Jan 2, 16 10:55 am

Just applied for 2nd card, at least 1 mos since 1st was converted

Congratulations, you've been approved!

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Gold card, with a credit limit of $16,500.

This was the email I received stated it differently from the approval page stating AA Gold World Mastercard

Wonder why they are referring to the cards differently?

ETA: checked previous email for first card and paperwork received and it was stated differently there too ( email and paper statement name of card was worded differently)

kannon99 Jan 2, 16 11:46 am

Originally Posted by kannon99 (Post 25834371)
Is it possible to be issued a World Elite right off the bat? I applied for my last Platinum in 3/15 and as far I can tell it was always a WE. A online chat citi confirms this. So I would think I could sit get around the loop hole as the system shows me as having a WE and a new card would be a W.

Well I guess its safe to say my W card was converted to a WE at some point earlier this year.

Applied a few days and after a recon was approved. Offer letter in mail states 50,000 sign up.

Data points:
3/15 Citi AA Plat (unknown W to WE convert time)
7/15 Citi AA Biz
8/15 Amex Spg Biz
8/15 Amex Plat
10/15 Citi Prestige

Pochama Jan 2, 16 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Pochama (Post 25915020)
Another datapoint for W->WE.

Approved on Nov 18th using link 4c. I just got a SM that I have a new card on the way. I'll update when I get it.

Just as an update, I got the physical card in the mail today.

duranza Jan 2, 16 2:43 pm

1st card approved Nov 12th.
Received today World Elite with Congratulatory flyer.
Had noticed early December that card name had changed on account.

whoknew89 Jan 2, 16 3:18 pm

Anyone know of any data-points for the following scenario:

Applied for AA Plat 50k Nov 2014.
Converted to WE January 2015
Applied for AA Plat 50k #2 September 2015.
Converted to WE late December 2015.

Card #1 has its annual fee post in late November and I called the retention line and was offered 5,000 miles with no spend. I took the offer. I'm wondering now if I canceled card #1 via secure message if it would disqualify me from applying for AA Plat 50k card #3 in May. (I want to wait for a few inquires to fall off)

As far as I understand it canceling a WE conversion wont reset the 18 month counter for the same reason that the conversion itself resets it. The card isn't considered the same product.

However if anyone knows of someone who successfully did this please let me know. I suppose I could keep card #1 open but the 5,000 points isn't really enough to justify the annual fee.

boris10475 Jan 2, 16 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by whoknew89 (Post 25950754)
Anyone know of any data-points for the following scenario:

Applied for AA Plat 50k Nov 2014.
Converted to WE January 2015
Applied for AA Plat 50k #2 September 2015.
Converted to WE late December 2015.

Card #1 has its annual fee post in late November and I called the retention line and was offered 5,000 miles with no spend. I took the offer. I'm wondering now if I canceled card #1 via secure message if it would disqualify me from applying for AA Plat 50k card #3 in May. (I want to wait for a few inquires to fall off)

As far as I understand it canceling a WE conversion wont reset the 18 month counter for the same reason that the conversion itself resets it. The card isn't considered the same product.

However if anyone knows of someone who successfully did this please let me know. I suppose I could keep card #1 open but the 5,000 points isn't really enough to justify the annual fee.

You can cancel card # 1. Closing WE card does not preclude you from obtaining bonus on a new W card

James Ben Jan 2, 16 7:10 pm

Statement closed on the 24th, it says points reported to AA, but nothing yet in my account. any ideas?

ninim2200 Jan 3, 16 6:35 am

I have been noticing that there are some reports recently for being approved for a 2nd or 3rd platinum/gold cards, while sharing these data points might be useful for others to follow your footsteps; to have a complete data point you want to confirm that you actually will get the bonus by either receiving the approval letter or by receiving the card/confirm online that the offer is on your card.Just being approved does not automatically means you will get the bonus with these cards.

sdsearch Jan 3, 16 8:10 am

Originally Posted by James Ben (Post 25951602)
Statement closed on the 24th, it says points reported to AA, but nothing yet in my account. any ideas?

That's discussed in a separate thread which I see you already found:

James Ben Jan 3, 16 8:41 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 25953584)
That's discussed in a separate thread which I see you already found:

Yes thanks

changger1 Jan 3, 16 11:56 am

Here's a data point for anyone who might need it. I helped my mother sign up for a Citi Platinum and Citi Exec card on June 2014. The Exec card was canceled March 2015. I just helped her try to sign up for another Citi Platinum. Got a declined message. Called up reconsideration for her and the Rep said she could have the card but since she canceled the Exec card in March 2015 she's not eligible for the bonus since she can only receive a bonus every 18 months. It didn't sound right since the Platinum and Exec are different products, but the Rep's computer told her otherwise.

timzheng Jan 3, 16 12:37 pm

Visa closed, can I get bonus on MasterCard

I closed my AAdvantage Visa card recently. I've never had a Platinum Select MasterCard. Can I get signon bonus for MC? Or do I have to wait 18 months since my Visa closure?

changger1 Jan 3, 16 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by timzheng (Post 25954792)
I closed my AAdvantage Visa card recently. I've never had a Platinum Select MasterCard. Can I get signon bonus for MC? Or do I have to wait 18 months since my Visa closure?

I think you would receive the bonus, but i cannot guarantee you will. I would go ahead and apply if I were you. It's worth a credit pull.

pritomd Jan 3, 16 1:09 pm

Datapoint: approved for AA Plat Visa on 11/10/2015. Received World card a week or two later. Today, 01/03/2015, I received my WE upgrade. Just activated it.

I did not ask about W->WE conversion or anything. The only SM I asked was to get the 10K bonus points to match the 60K offer (which they did without an offer code). Same exact CC #, exp date, and CVV number. Now have a holographic stripe and WE logo instead of colored World MC logo. Limit is $11,000 (only spent $10,500 for Citi Savings account funding). Did not get any notification online, but I did have an alert in my mobile app. Can't recall when exactly it showed up.

Am I good to go to apply for another Citi AA Plat personal card and be eligible for the 50K bonus (and if I'm feeling lucky and get approved, ask for the 60K match)?

diseased Jan 3, 16 1:36 pm

Also received the WE card that was converted on Dec 22nd.