FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

James Ben Mar 21, 16 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude (Post 26367425)
Got my card in the mail today, online tracker to 60k after 3k shows up on my new account :)

This is application via direct mail offer correct?

beltway Mar 21, 16 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26367121)
I left out the applications pages, because I'm starting to think that listing those can lead to more confusion (and maybe even harm) than good, since some people might not realize a landing page is dead if they don't click it, and it's not 100% clear that an application page will work as it did when there was a landing page once the landing page disappears (the application link may have be re-linked to another landing page with a slightly different offer!).

I've never felt the need for application page links, except for zombie offers.

I don't recall seeing any credible report that this has ever happened. (Chase has done it at times, but never Citi AFAIK.)

Java Cool Dude Mar 21, 16 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by James Ben (Post 26367512)
This is application via direct mail offer correct?

Correct, took advantage of it twice three months apart.

Pointgobbler Mar 22, 16 6:59 am

DP:

Link 15 worked for me. Got card and approval letter the same day. 50k bonus language included.

starbuk Mar 22, 16 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Pointgobbler (Post 26368974)
DP:

Link 15 worked for me. Got card and approval letter the same day. 50k bonus language included.

We're going to need more information.. have you applied or cancelled in the past and when, do you see the bonus tracker online, etc.

StartinSanDiego Mar 22, 16 7:44 am

Is there any benefit to opening the application links via cut & paste in "private browsing" or "Incognito" mode, instead of directly clicking from the FT Wiki?

In the death throes of the Executive churning days last year, several of us considered this an important step in keeping a link alive.

PETERPNYC Mar 22, 16 9:09 am

Originally Posted by starbuk (Post 26366140)
Make sure that your Master Account is closed, not just the credit card. It's in the wiki. If that is already done, you may be one of the people cannot churn these cards. I just got a business card a bit ago after having one or two in the past so the rules have not changed as far as I can tell.

+1 I am one of the lucky people who dont have a problem being approved for Biz cards and opened one March 10 a week or so after closing my 3rd Biz card .

For those fortunate ones this card is still very alive!
Plus I recieved the 60K match via SM yesterday after activating the card .
My end of Jan personal card has not convreted yet .
Any Batches since then ?

IIRC there is no online tracker associated wth the Biz version, or is there ?

raj_cl Mar 22, 16 9:17 am

Question - my wife has a Citi AA Platinum visa credit card since 3 years now, currently active. Can she apply for a Citi AA Platinum Mastercard and get the 50K?

Or will she need to close the Visa first, wait for how much time, and then apply for Mastercard?

Thx in advance for the inputs.

fromfall98 Mar 22, 16 9:24 am

Originally Posted by raj_cl (Post 26369709)
Question - my wife has a Citi AA Platinum visa credit card since 3 years now, currently active. Can she apply for a Citi AA Platinum Mastercard and get the 50K?

Or will she need to close the Visa first, wait for how much time, and then apply for Mastercard?

Thx in advance for the inputs.

You can apply and almost certainly get the bonus if approved for card. Question is: Would she be able to get it more than once :)

Cheers!

sdsearch Mar 22, 16 11:59 am

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26367514)
I don't recall seeing any credible report that this has ever happened. (Chase has done it at times, but never Citi AFAIK.)

Yes, but these are new sorts of Citi application pages which don't mention what the bonus is and totally rely on the landing page to document that. Lots of things that "never happened before" at Citi have happened in the past year or two (such as approving someone yet not giving them the bonus), which implies more things may change in the future. So it seems to me prudent, to protect against this suddenly changing, to always use offers with "live" landing pages as long as those exist, in lieu of "zombie" links.

But the way the wiki present zombie links before the links with working landing pages seems to invite some people to keep using zombie links even when newer links exist. Which may or may not be leading to the high amount of W-WE failures of late.

I wonder if the wiki should be reorganized to show the newest link first, instead of the oldest link first (while keeping the numbering as it is)?

lwildernorva Mar 22, 16 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 26369753)
You can apply and almost certainly get the bonus if approved for card. Question is: Would she be able to get it more than once :)

Cheers!

+1. My situation exactly. I had a Citi AA Visa open when I applied for the MC on 2/29. Approved with 50K bonus. The Visa and MC are viewed as different products so no concerns. And yes, the real question is whether I (and others) will get a second card--when my World MC gets converted to World Elite.

Pointgobbler Mar 22, 16 12:23 pm

Tracker only showed after I linked with my account, so not very helpful dp on that. I havent cancelled anything and this is my first loophole series. Interesting side point is they added a middle initial to my card, which I dont remember doing - and the middle initial is wrong anyways.

Sent 2 messages to try to get the 60k match - no reply yet.

frairtuck Mar 22, 16 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude (Post 26367586)
Correct, took advantage of it twice three months apart.

Great data point to know that one can reuse direct mail offer codes. Thanks!

MaxVO Mar 22, 16 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26370602)
I wonder if the wiki should be reorganized to show the newest link first, instead of the oldest link first (while keeping the numbering as it is)?

^
Good idea. It may also be worthwhile to mark links having decreased confidence.

IAD_flyer Mar 22, 16 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26369655)
Any Batches since then ?

We are overdue for the March batch.