Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
Hi, I am going to search around for this offer tomorrow, but I guess it won't hurt for me to ask before I do so:

Is there anyone here in the Boston area that is able to find a branch has such offer without requiring Gold?

Thanks and feel free to SM...

-Pete
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Annual $250 Airfare
Free 4th night at hotel
60k points
All for a measly $350? That's a damn steal. Will go in tomorrow and try to get it.
You forgot to mention the $15K spend required to get the 60k points.

You get 30k points after $3K spend and need to spend an additional $12K for the remaining 30K points. Spending $12K for 30K points seems like a "damn steal" for Citi.

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't it make more sense to take the public offer for 30K points after $3K spend and apply the $12K elsewhere?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by traveler9020
You forgot to mention the $15K spend required to get the 60k points.

You get 30k points after $3K spend and need to spend an additional $12K for the remaining 30K points. Spending $12K for 30K points seems like a "damn steal" for Citi.

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't it make more sense to take the public offer for 30K points after $3K spend and apply the $12K elsewhere?
RedBird ^
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Sure, redbird. In $500 chunks. Twenty-four times. Log-ins for temporary cards; and then again for permanent cards. Or reloads. At Target. There's a reason some folks don't do MS, you know. It takes time. If I had wanted to do that sort of thing, I would've skipped college and just gone ahead and taken a job bolting parts -- the same one over and over again -- at an auto plant somewhere.

Also, you know that there are entire Flyertalk threads devoted to the subject of getting shut down, right?

And you know that there are other ways to spend time, right? Such as with your children or with Remembrance of Things Past or (even) with your spouse?

I really have zero patience for that sort of thing. But I'm glad, of course, that it works for you.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Sure, redbird. In $500 chunks. Twenty-four times. Log-ins for temporary cards; and then again for permanent cards. Or reloads. At Target. There's a reason some folks don't do MS, you know. It takes time. If I had wanted to do that sort of thing, I would've skipped college and just gone ahead and taken a job bolting parts -- the same one over and over again -- at an auto plant somewhere.

Also, you know that there are entire Flyertalk threads devoted to the subject of getting shut down, right?

And you know that there are other ways to spend time, right? Such as with your children or with Remembrance of Things Past or (even) with your spouse?

I really have zero patience for that sort of thing. But I'm glad, of course, that it works for you.
What's the big deal with spending $12k? For the target demographic user of the Prestige card, that's really not a problem. Many people I know with the card spend ridiculous amounts ($1k+/wk) on airfare, which would be at 3x with Prestige. Where else can you get 3x with airfare that would better reward $12k in spending? Maybe the Amex PRG, but the Prestige is above and beyond that card with all the additional benefits.

Also, you do realize you can MS $12k at Target in just 5 trips, right? I go to Target at least twice a month for various food or home good items, and I imagine many millions of other people do as well. It's seriously not that hard right now with Redbird.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:57 am

delete

Last edited by traveler9020; Feb 1, 2015 at 9:58 am Reason: delete
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
Where else can you get 3x with airfare that would better reward $12k in spending? Maybe the Amex PRG, but the Prestige is above and beyond that card with all the additional benefits.
Maybe not 3X, but one thought would be to get the prestige, make the required $3K spend, collect the 30K points and then apply the $12K toward the required spend of some other card that has a generous signup bonus. After that, just go back to using the Prestige.

$12K spend for 30K points is better than nothing, especially if you plan to do it anyway. However, I would not call this a great deal, nor a "damn steal".
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:30 am

You miss my point. Sure, $12K isn't that much; it certainly isn't for me. I was talking about the previous post, which, to quote it in its entirety, was, "Redbird," i.e., MS. Changing the subject to how little $12K is -- a point with which I agree, by the way -- is interesting but addresses neither my point nor the one made by the previous poster.

Redbird? I have nothing more to add.

The Prestige? Personally, I think the Prestige is great and I'm planning to get it. Combined with a private banking account at Citi and residence in an AA hub such as DFW, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. For me, anyway.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:39 am

Is there any way to get this offer if you don't live near a branch?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:02 am

Redbird, like all MS, is seriously a waste of time -- of mine, anyway. I won't repeat my comment about spending time with my family, or Proust. I meant it. Telling me, in effect, that I shouldn't mean it is, well, . . . interesting.

And the Prestige is way better than what's said above. On airfare & hotels, with a Citi Gold or private account, it's over 5% actual cash back when used for the purchase of AA tickets. (Without the Citi accounts, it's only 4.8%.)

All this is assuming you want/need Admirals Club access. I meant to mention that above.

On the last question, other posters have reported luck with simply calling a branch, even w/o a Citi Gold account. It's a bit of a crap shoot, though. Good luck!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:40 pm

Another option for those not close to a branch may be combining the public Prestige offer with the public TYP offer. If you can get both, then that would net 80K points and the fee for the TYP is waived the first year and only $95 the second year. So that's 80k for only $7k spend since the required spend for the Prestige public offer is only $2K ( I mistakenly stated $3K in my earlier post).
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:49 pm

Isn't the annual fee for the branch $350?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dbears
Is there any way to get this offer if you don't live near a branch?
Yes, another blogger (I think Rapid Travel Chai or Miles to Memories) said that they called up and said that they couldn't go into a branch because Citi had closed them but wanted this offer and they were able to get it over the phone.

Pretty sure they were Citi Gold though. If you try it, let us know how it goes.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:33 pm

Any idea who to call?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:42 pm

Citi has an on-line branch finder w/ phone numbers.

I once randomly talked to one of the officers at the Chrysler Center Citi in NY. They seemed to deal well with a random call from TX. My local branch here in DFW land is pretty clueless.

Remember that you get a $250 airfare credit, which makes the $350 "Gold" fee really $100. Or really less than that after taking into account the extra 0.6% the Prestige gives you on bank-account TYPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.