Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by novaguy30
I stopped by a branch in Dallas on Thursday because all branches are closing in the state. The banker immediately knew the 60k offer I was talking about, and pulled it up on his computer screen. He said he had processed quite a few recently. I applied for it...hopefully it all goes through with the 60k. I am not CitiGold but he seemed to suggest my annual fee would only be 350.
Similar experience. I went into the branch and the manager told the banker he could just bypass the CitiGold process for the 30K + 30K offer. I'll be interested to see what comes of it.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:37 am

All the Texas locations I've called have an automated system that they're already closed as citibank locations.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:16 pm

Walked into a Boston location today and signed up for this without any real issue. The banker did a paper app and will follow up with me tomorrow.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by sincera4565
an update on my trip to Citi Branch

since none of the branches allow me to apply without having Citigold, I actually upgrade to citigold and then went back to one of the branches. I told the lady that I applied for Citigold but my account wasn't reflected the change yet, and she said its alright.

That was a paper application and the whole process is around 5-10mins. I applied last friday but when I called today to check my status, the application isn't in their computer yet...

Hope it is because the application hasn't arrived yet..

Pete
Which MA branch was this? I'm thinking of going to Burlington, MA today and see what kind of luck I have. Also, I am not CitiGold.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
Update: received the card with the 30K + 30K offer and the $350 AF without signing up for Citigold. Good alternative after one year of AA Citi Exec.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Smerri
Which MA branch was this? I'm thinking of going to Burlington, MA today and see what kind of luck I have. Also, I am not CitiGold.
I went to the branch near MIT. They signed me up with no problem. I was approved within 2 days. The banker I worked with was going to see if she could get me the $350 annual fee as well.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by shuom
I went to the branch near MIT. They signed me up with no problem. I was approved within 2 days. The banker I worked with was going to see if she could get me the $350 annual fee as well.
If you signed up through a branch, it should be $350 annual fee... atleast for first year
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:52 am

I'm gonna look into this offer once my mortgage refi closes. Sounds like lots of people are able to bypass the CitiGold account requirement!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:07 am

Would they have an issue with a lower salary for applying in branch? Pretty sure I could get approved online, but not sure how it would go in branch
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:32 pm

Applied in branch in Chicago today. Took less than 10min, she noticed I did not have Citigold or any Citi account, didnt give a .....

Told me it would be faxed today and I would hear about a decision by tomorrow.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by waygora
Would they have an issue with a lower salary for applying in branch? Pretty sure I could get approved online, but not sure how it would go in branch
There shouldn't be any issues. However you do need to get atleast 5k credit limit for this card.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:53 pm

Planning on going to a Chicago area branch with an app for my wife. We don't have a citigold account so we will see how it goes.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
just did it last week at a branch in Plainview, NY. No issue.

One thing that was interesting on the app and the terms - a $350 AF as expected, but they also defined the travel category to earning 3x points MUCH more broadly than on the website. It includes gas, rail, tolls, rental cars, parking, taxis, limos, ground transportation, etc. It's basically anything that gets you from one place to another .. obviously still some exceptions like car registration fees paid through my state DMV website, but in the end, it is MUCH broader than normal T&Cs as far as I can tell.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:13 am

Btw, there is a 50k signup offer online currently. I did the 30+30 in branch, but tweeted @askciti to see if they would match the 50k offer for me. I was on the phone with the representatives briefly and she had no problem putting in a request to add another 20k points for me since I signed up the day before the promotion started. I'm pretty sure the +30k still applies, but I'll follow up when the time comes.

Edit: 30k does not apply. Just 50k for 3k spend.

Last edited by shuom; Apr 20, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Old Apr 11, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by kesco
just did it last week at a branch in Plainview, NY. No issue.

One thing that was interesting on the app and the terms - a $350 AF as expected, but they also defined the travel category to earning 3x points MUCH more broadly than on the website. It includes gas, rail, tolls, rental cars, parking, taxis, limos, ground transportation, etc. It's basically anything that gets you from one place to another .. obviously still some exceptions like car registration fees paid through my state DMV website, but in the end, it is MUCH broader than normal T&Cs as far as I can tell.
Can you post that app? That would confirm that Prestige is also getting the Premier changes next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.