Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:04 pm

I just visited a branch earlier this afternoon and spoke with a banker in VA regarding the 60k TY bonus points. All he and his branch staff know is what's currently being offered online: 30k TY after $2k spend in 3months. He even called his credit card department on speakerphone and asked them about any/all other offers currently out for the Prestige and they had the same response.

Is this in-branch offer out the window? (maybe in my state?)

I also asked him what credit cards his branch usually opens and he pointed at the Diamond Preferred, Simplicity, and Double Cash... could the 60k TY bonus for more affluent branches?

Just a speculation. I used to work for a financial institution and I remember specific areas would get differing offers and products (however in the same region).

Before leaving, I asked him about app'ing for 2 cards and he says its fine. I'm not quite sure if its lack of experience in the matter or if the branch application is exempt/can bypass what I've read in these boards about the 2nd card app.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by sincera4565
from the thread above, I saw couple success of doing so, but I have been to 5 citi branches nearby, and all of them said I gotta be Citigold in order to apply for that card. I am not sure if it is about the location or not... That is why i came up with the idea of being Citigold for like a while in order to get the lower AF offer with that extra 30K TY points.

If anyone have sucess in the BOS area without being CitiGold, I would love to hear about it.. Thanks in advance..
an update on my trip to Citi Branch

since none of the branches allow me to apply without having Citigold, I actually upgrade to citigold and then went back to one of the branches. I told the lady that I applied for Citigold but my account wasn't reflected the change yet, and she said its alright.

That was a paper application and the whole process is around 5-10mins. I applied last friday but when I called today to check my status, the application isn't in their computer yet...

Hope it is because the application hasn't arrived yet..

Pete
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:11 pm

I applied in branch with Citigold for this offer. The banker didn't really know about the offer but I just told him to go to CC applications and choose Citigold and the pdf with the offer loaded up.

I called in a few days after the app (the automated system never recognized the app -- I had to talk to a person), and I got approved after moving CL from and closing an old card.

The odd thing is, I already received the card and activated it but no bureaus are reporting a hard pull.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:19 pm

an update on my trip to Citi Branch

since none of the branches allow me to apply without having Citigold, I actually upgrade to citigold and then went back to one of the branches. I told the lady that I applied for Citigold but my account wasn't reflected the change yet, and she said its alright.

That was a paper application and the whole process is around 5-10mins. I applied last friday but when I called today to check my status, the application isn't in their computer yet...

Hope it is because the application hasn't arrived yet..

Pete
I applied in the branch 2/23. It didn't show up in the system for almost a week. They fax in the application which can take a few days. Just try back in a couple days and keep following up.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by sound48
I applied in the branch 2/23. It didn't show up in the system for almost a week. They fax in the application which can take a few days. Just try back in a couple days and keep following up.
Thanks for your information. It definitely makes me feel better to know that it is actually common to have such a long wait time... Hope for the best and i will report back...

Pete
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:23 pm

Thanks for your information. It definitely makes me feel better to know that it is actually common to have such a long wait time... Hope for the best and i will report back...

Pete
Hi there, I applied in a branch on 2/26 and my application showed up on 3/3. So that's 3-4 business days there. My app initially was pending when I checked around noon on 3/3, and later on in the evening when I checked again, I got approved. Woo hoo!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by snackboxes
Hi there, I applied in a branch on 2/26 and my application showed up on 3/3. So that's 3-4 business days there. My app initially was pending when I checked around noon on 3/3, and later on in the evening when I checked again, I got approved. Woo hoo!
another update! just finished the phone call with Citi, and after 3 business days, they finally got my application.

The lady from ND put me on hold for a while and come by telling me that I am approved! woohoo!

However, they told me that they no longer expedite the card, i am hoping that the prestige card has the same set up with the AA Exec, where they will by default be overnighted ^

Thanks for all the help!
-Pete
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA DL
However, they told me that they no longer expedite the card, i am hoping that the prestige card has the same set up with the AA Exec, where they will by default be overnighted ^
They told me the same thing but the card showed up at my door the next day with overnight shipping.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jcrew
They told me the same thing but the card showed up at my door the next day with overnight shipping.
^ nice!! That is what I am hoping for!! great to know that someone experienced it before! thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:51 pm

Yeah,it's show up pretty fast. I was approved last friday and received the card on tuesday.amazing!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:11 pm

I have some questions about this offer. I just came back from branch. The banker told me if I don't have gold acct, I cannot get another 30k points. Because the offer is from gold acct, and annual fee will jump up to $450 next year. Is it right?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
I stopped by a branch in Dallas on Thursday because all branches are closing in the state. The banker immediately knew the 60k offer I was talking about, and pulled it up on his computer screen. He said he had processed quite a few recently. I applied for it...hopefully it all goes through with the 60k. I am not CitiGold but he seemed to suggest my annual fee would only be 350.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by novaguy30
I stopped by a branch in Dallas on Thursday because all branches are closing in the state. The banker immediately knew the 60k offer I was talking about, and pulled it up on his computer screen. He said he had processed quite a few recently. I applied for it...hopefully it all goes through with the 60k. I am not CitiGold but he seemed to suggest my annual fee would only be 350.
Which branch in Dallas did you go? I went to a few but was told the offer is only for CitiGold.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:29 pm

I was able to go in, sign up to CitiGold (40k TY) and follow up with Citi Prestige (60k TY at $350/yr). Will report back in a few months as to whether they both went through okay.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:38 pm

Got my card for about a week and so far loving it! I do wonder what the annual fee situation is going to be for the first year and after since there is nothing in the packet that mentions anything about my annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.