Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Does Citi still have Prestige 60K offer in bank branches?

Old Feb 1, 15, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FallenPlat View Post
Sure, redbird. In $500 chunks. Twenty-four times. Log-ins for temporary cards; and then again for permanent cards. Or reloads. At Target. There's a reason some folks don't do MS, you know. It takes time. If I had wanted to do that sort of thing, I would've skipped college and just gone ahead and taken a job bolting parts -- the same one over and over again -- at an auto plant somewhere.

Also, you know that there are entire Flyertalk threads devoted to the subject of getting shut down, right?

And you know that there are other ways to spend time, right? Such as with your children or with Remembrance of Things Past or (even) with your spouse?

I really have zero patience for that sort of thing. But I'm glad, of course, that it works for you.
1) You're misinformed about loading in $500 chunks. You can load up to $2,500 per day, $5,000 per month. That takes 3 swipes per day ($1,000 $1000 $500).

2) That whole process takes less than 1 minute and there is a Target that is a 3 minute drive from my house. So I missed out on 7 minutes with my family that day. They will live.

3) I'm glad you have zero patience for it. That means it will last longer for those of us that do have the patience. Enjoy burning $12k on whatever it is you spend it on while the rest of us get miles and points for 7 minutes time.
Old Feb 2, 15, 12:41 am

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
And lastly, there are people who live in states where Redbird is not being sold.
Old Feb 2, 15, 1:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by neutralist View Post
And lastly, there are people who live in states where Redbird is not being sold.
There are ways around that. I live in IL. No RB's here but I drove up to Milwaukee to buy them.
Old Feb 19, 15, 12:14 pm

Anyone know if there are income minimums to get this card?
Old Feb 19, 15, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
QQ: I'm a fairly active CC churner (every 91 days) and applied for this card in branch yesterday. However, they have to fax in the app which could take 3-5 days to process. I was trying to time my other CC apps to the same day that Citi pulls my credit, but don't think I will be able to due to schedule conflicts. My question is this...

What are the odds Citi will reject my app if they see 2 new hard pulls on my credit within a couple of days of this card being applied for? I know it's a YMMV, but curious if there are any data points.

TIA
Old Feb 21, 15, 8:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Do we know if there is a stated expiration date on this offer?
Old Feb 22, 15, 3:43 pm

Programs: OWP, *G, IHG Spire, HH Diam., McD FF Plat.
30k/60k offer is still available in branches as of 2/21. Planning to apply this week.

If you're Citigold and travel a lot, I think this card is a no-brainer given the travel credit, multipliers for certain airlines, Global Entry fee reimbursement, 15% annual bonus pts etc.
Old Feb 22, 15, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
do you think it is worth it to just be a citigold for a several months in order to get this offer? Don't want to put 50k with Citi, but if paying 30bucks can get me this extra 30k and reduced AF, I might as well give it a try..

Does anyone try it?
Old Feb 22, 15, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by sincera4565 View Post
do you think it is worth it to just be a citigold for a several months in order to get this offer?
No. We're talking about 30k points, not 30K dollars. Also keep in mind the amount of spend required to get those extra 30k points. There are better places to put your money.

One possible option would be to apply for the TY Premier also (if Citi will let you have both). That will give you 20k points with the first year annual fee waived ($95). At the end of the year you could cancel and keep the Prestige. You'll end up with 50k points (30k for Prestige + 20k for TY Premier) after only spending $4K. The in-branch offer requires you to spend $15K (in addition to meeting the Citigold requirements).
Old Feb 22, 15, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by traveler9020 View Post
No. We're talking about 30k points, not 30K dollars. Also keep in mind the amount of spend required to get those extra 30k points. There are better places to put your money.

One possible option would be to apply for the TY Premier also (if Citi will let you have both). That will give you 20k points with the first year annual fee waived ($95). At the end of the year you could cancel and keep the Prestige. You'll end up with 50k points (30k for Prestige + 20k for TY Premier) after only spending $4K. The in-branch offer requires you to spend $15K (in addition to meeting the Citigold requirements).
thanks for the reply. i guess i am not phrasing my sentence well. I am totally aware of that being 30K TY points and there are 15K USD spending along with the offer.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to just apply for CitiGold for like 1-2 months, so that I have enough time to apply for prestige and then downgrade it or whatsoever... I searched for a bit and I don't see anything that said I cannot downgrade after 2 months, but I would like to confirm with you guys before actually doing it..

again, thanks for your reply.
Old Feb 23, 15, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT
thanks for the reply. i guess i am not phrasing my sentence well. I am totally aware of that being 30K TY points and there are 15K USD spending along with the offer.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to just apply for CitiGold for like 1-2 months, so that I have enough time to apply for prestige and then downgrade it or whatsoever... I searched for a bit and I don't see anything that said I cannot downgrade after 2 months, but I would like to confirm with you guys before actually doing it..

You don't need to be Citigold to apply for the Prestige, just to get the offer for the reduced annual fee ($350 vs $450). And even then, you don't necessarily need to be Citigold to get the $350 offer.
Old Feb 23, 15, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
You don't need to be Citigold to apply for the Prestige, just to get the offer for the reduced annual fee ($350 vs $450). And even then, you don't necessarily need to be Citigold to get the $350 offer.
from the thread above, I saw couple success of doing so, but I have been to 5 citi branches nearby, and all of them said I gotta be Citigold in order to apply for that card. I am not sure if it is about the location or not... That is why i came up with the idea of being Citigold for like a while in order to get the lower AF offer with that extra 30K TY points.

If anyone have sucess in the BOS area without being CitiGold, I would love to hear about it.. Thanks in advance..
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:15 pm

I just app for this in branch as it is my last chance b4 all citi branches close in TX. I probably will be denied due to high inqs but i keep my hope up. However, the banker informed me that the offer is 60k
Old Feb 26, 15, 9:21 am

That's pretty much what I did. Had a 40k citigold offer. Opened that account, waited for the points to post, applied for the citi prestige card, and will downgrade my citigold next month. You may have to pay $30 one month though in fees if the points don't post in time and you haven't gotten the bank fees waived.
Old Feb 26, 15, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by bigbang09 View Post
I just app for this in branch as it is my last chance b4 all citi branches close in TX. I probably will be denied due to high inqs but i keep my hope up. However, the banker informed me that the offer is 60k
You could always close another Citi card or just offer to move some of your credit line if they are stingy.

Search this Thread