Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AAdvantage new card design

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:02 pm

I applied for and received the Platinum card in late October. The literature I received with it actually had the new card design on it but I received the old design card. It was a World MasterCard. This week I received the new card design from them and noticed it is now a World Elite MasterCard. Is this the case for everyone now or was I lucky and got upgraded?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1M Miles
I have a similar circumstance, just got the MC a month ago, haven't even paid the first bill, but already spent enough to get the 50k miles in my account. Just got a new card that looks very much like the old one but does say World Elite on the back. I hope it's still $95 a year and not $450! Maybe I'll call and check.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1M Miles
Here is a pic of the two cards.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...473-image.html

Last edited by LifetimeGold; Dec 2, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by LifetimeGold
I have a similar circumstance, just got the MC a month ago, haven't even paid the first bill, but already spent enough to get the 50k miles in my account. Just got a new card that looks very much like the old one but does say World Elite on the back. I hope it's still $95 a year and not $450! Maybe I'll call and check.
You probably just got upgraded

I know for a fact that citi does in fact have World Elite versions of the regular AA MasterCard.
Furthermore, it's against federal reserve regulations to change major terms of your card agreement within the first year of the account being established
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:29 am

I received a mailer for a 60k mile Platinum AA card. I received this bonus last September, but canceled the card to avoid the annual fee. The CSR claims I will receive the bonus again, but have seen conflicting answers. Does anyone have any personal experience with a similar situation?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Cardinalfan1958
I received a mailer for a 60k mile Platinum AA card. I received this bonus last September, but canceled the card to avoid the annual fee. The CSR claims I will receive the bonus again, but have seen conflicting answers. Does anyone have any personal experience with a similar situation?
If you get approved you should get the bonus

Try it out it's worth a shot for 60k bonus
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:45 pm

My new redesigned card arrived yesterday as my old one expires next month. It is quite a bit different. To me, it does feel, in a word, cheap.

My main concern is simply foreign acceptance. I could only hope that goes fine as the more traditionally designed cards.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by smotchx
My replacement card with the new design has an Admiral's Club logo right underneath the mag strip on the right-hand side.
I called them and they reissued me a new card with the Admiral's Club logo. Looks like they flubbed the first batch that went out. I think it's fixed now.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by tymothy
I called them and they reissued me a new card with the Admiral's Club logo. Looks like they flubbed the first batch that went out. I think it's fixed now.
+1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by AndyAA
My new redesigned card arrived yesterday as my old one expires next month. It is quite a bit different. To me, it does feel, in a word, cheap.

My main concern is simply foreign acceptance. I could only hope that goes fine as the more traditionally designed cards.
Anybody that feels that the card feels cheap (like I certainly do) should make their opinion well known to citi. This way we can see some actionable improvements sooner rather than later
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Anybody that feels that the card feels cheap (like I certainly do) should make their opinion well known to citi. This way we can see some actionable improvements sooner rather than later
+1

It feel very flimsy too, especially for a "premium" (read: expensive AF) card!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: QFWP
Originally Posted by rafaehlers
Mine already come with the Admirals logo on the back, however it's missing the AAdvantage number so I've requested a replacement just in case.

That glue though, argh...
Do Authorised users of the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard get the card with their Advantage number on it like the primary card holder does?

Also does the Authorised user get the mile award discounts from their own account too?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by v8statesman
Do Authorised users of the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard get the card with their Advantage number on it like the primary card holder does?

Also does the Authorised user get the mile award discounts from their own account too?

The authorized user is just that an authorized user. All perks and mileage earning benefits go to the primary account holder and their mileage account, unless specifically noted otherwise by the banks
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Nothing special about the design.

It looks amazing but it touches like paper...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
I might be in the minority, but I really couldn't care less about the looks of the card. They could go back to being a white background with two big circles, I pay more attention to the value I get out of the card.

I suppose some folks might include in the value the look and feel of the card, or the comments they get from servers and bartenders. Just keep in mind, those folks are trying to butter you up for a better tip.

Replacement cards with the new design came in the mail a couple of days ago, I confirmed our names were correct, my AAdvantage number was correct, etc, then activated the cards, put mine in my wallet, gave my wife hers, and we both moved on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.