Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Expedia+ Voyager Card from Citi

Earn 25,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $350 towards your stay at a +VIP Access hotel

- $95 annual fee, not waived

- no foreign transaction fees

- $100 Annual Air Travel Fee Credit

Statement credit can be used toward airline incidentals, such as checked bags, in-flight entertainment or refreshments, and in-flight Wi-Fi carriers, or for either the Global Entry or the TSA Pre✓ application fees.

https://www.expedia.com/rewards/credit_card
Print Wikipost

The New Citibank Expedia Card

Old May 6, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
How long did the cash portion refund take if you don't mind me asking? Was this recent?
It was booked with my bf's points so I can't log in and check, but I think he said the money came back a week or so after the cancellation.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is it just me or does it seem like VIP hotels in US cities have dried up?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:24 am

Any recent DPs of Southwest gift cards working to trigger the $100 credit? Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:27 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Still possible to buy Delta gift cards?
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Still possible to buy Delta gift cards?
I bought one in December for lasts years credit and January for this year. Both worked.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by arnoldpettybunk
Any recent DPs of Southwest gift cards working to trigger the $100 credit? Thank you!
Yes. My purchased in September was reimbursed in October.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Also to add a datapoint. 2 $50 United Travelbank purchases worked to trigger the $100 credit.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:20 pm

I signed up last year with a first statement date in December. Could I triple dip the $100 airline fee credit? Once last year, once this year, once in Jan, and then close the card with the annual fee being credited?
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
I signed up last year with a first statement date in December. Could I triple dip the $100 airline fee credit? Once last year, once this year, once in Jan, and then close the card with the annual fee being credited?
Sure, should work!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Kettle Class
This card is being "enhanced" effective January 31, 2021! Makes the decision on (not) renewing clearer for me.

We wanted to let you know about an upcoming change to the way you enjoy our vast collection of over 8,000 VIP Access properties, each offering an exceptional, one-of-a-kind stay. Starting 02/01/2021, when you book a VIP Access property, you’ll earn triple points, providing you the chance to build up points more quickly for future stays, car rentals and activities. Please note, with this update, your points will continue to be worth double ($1,112.16) at VIP Access properties only for a limited time. If you wish to redeem double points for a memorable VIP Access experience, you must book by 01/31/2021, when this change will take effect.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by progapanda
This card is being "enhanced" effective January 31, 2021! Makes the decision on (not) renewing clearer for me.
Yeah this is terrible. I only used the points to book VIP hotels, and now that value is cut in half. I signed up for the 70k Black Friday offer last year. I am glad I burned through a little over 47k of those points (for 7 hotel nights) before the shutdown started.

Given that the card costs $95 per year and you can get a $100 Delta gift card with the airline incidental fee, I probably will keep it. The Expedia gold status did give me a few perks at VIP hotels (room upgrades, late checkout, bottle of wine, etc).

A couple days ago I got an email from them saying I would get $15 dollars worth of points (2100ish), which I thought "well that would be $30 at VIP hotel." Now I know why they did not mention that part.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:18 pm

I'm a bit surprised they gave this much advance notice to cutting points value. Given Expedia's financial woes and Expedia Rewards history of no-notice devaluations in the early 2010s I always figured they would just abruptly kill whatever value was left in its program.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:51 pm

Purchased a Delta gift card on Delta's website as my annual fee was about to post for this card and I planned on downgrading it. Last year I purchased a Delta gift card and the $100 airline credit worked on this. It didn't work this year so be careful if you plan on using your $100 airline credit for a Delta gift card.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:19 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skidrage
Purchased a Delta gift card on Delta's website...
If you used a mobile device the transaction may have been processed by CashStar rather than Delta. What does your card statement show?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you used a mobile device the transaction may have been processed by CashStar rather than Delta. What does your card statement show?
I used my laptop for the purchase. Statement shows Delta purchase.
mia and aquanine like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.