Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Expedia®+ Voyager Card from Citi

Earn 25,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $350 towards your stay at a +VIP Access™ hotel

- $95 annual fee, not waived

- no foreign transaction fees

- $100 Annual Air Travel Fee Credit

Statement credit can be used toward airline incidentals, such as checked bags, in-flight entertainment or refreshments, and in-flight Wi-Fi carriers, or for either the Global Entry or the TSA Pre✓® application fees.

https://www.expedia.com/rewards/credit_card
Print Wikipost

The New Citibank Expedia Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Like others, my expedia points disappeared on second statement. Expedia seems to insist that that the $2000 spending for the signup bonus must have been made through Expedia and linked to an itinerary there. This is obviously not in the terms and conditions, but they're not budging on this.

Did anyone else successfully get the bonus points for non-expedia spending (which weren't taken away in the next statement)? To the person right before me, was your spending all with Expedia or otherwise?
I spent nothing with Expedia everything was using the expedia mastercard on my everyday purchases. Throughout my Interactions with Expedia customer service I was given the same BS Reason along with other reasons as well. I felt like all the customer service representative's were looking to just get me off the phone. I was able to get my points back however you will have to probably follow the instructions I had above and understand that it will take a few weeks. Good luck.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by James Smith
I spent nothing with Expedia everything was using the expedia mastercard on my everyday purchases. Throughout my Interactions with Expedia customer service I was given the same BS Reason along with other reasons as well. I felt like all the customer service representative's were looking to just get me off the phone. I was able to get my points back however you will have to probably follow the instructions I had above and understand that it will take a few weeks. Good luck.
Thanks - can you clarify exactly which office/department was able to finally fix it so I can help the agents direct when I call. Was it "corporate", "rewards desk", "gold desk" or whatever? Any specific email address we should contact? Any pointers of exact phrases to say to trigger the fix would be really helpful. It looks like I'll have to clear out an entire morning to resolve this issue, so any tigger words or departments I can ask to be transferred to to work with would really help.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Thanks - can you clarify exactly which office/department was able to finally fix it so I can help the agents direct when I call. Was it "corporate", "rewards desk", "gold desk" or whatever? Any specific email address we should contact? Any pointers of exact phrases to say to trigger the fix would be really helpful. It looks like I'll have to clear out an entire morning to resolve this issue, so any tigger words or departments I can ask to be transferred to to work with would really help.
I was not able to get any help when I was on the phone I even talk to someone that was apparently in corporate and his comment were that they could not Track where any of the points went. When things started change was when I emailed the very 1st person listed on a different website in the corporate office in Bellevue Washington. Again I don't think I can link to other websites however if you Google "all my expedia rewards points suddenly disappeared" That should bring up a website that has the contact information I used. I was firm with my responses and the 1st answer I got back was the points were pending. I told them that I understood and was just giving them their 60 day notice that is required before I go to Arbitration or file a small claims court suit. I informed them that the points were rewarded to me the previous month and I could have used them at any point. I found it hard to believe that they went from available back to pending. Within a week of that response I was told it is a known issue and they put the points back into my account Manually.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are having the same issue. It's frustrating but considering the value of the points especially with the Vip hotel Redemption rate You need to stay on this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:52 am

Question for those who have booked with points - am I right in assuming that the cancellation policy matches whether paying with cash or points? In other words, if I found a VIP hotel with a cancellation policy of full refund 2 days before arrival, I can cancel 2+ days out and it won't matter if I paid for it with:
  1. $1000 in cash
  2. 70,000 points
  3. 35,000 points and $500 cash
I would still receive the full amount of what I paid as how I paid it (especially number 3 - I will still receive 35k points and $500 cash)?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator clarification

....I don't think I can link to other websites....
You may, please read THIS rule first
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I sent an email to Expedia last night about my missing 72k points. And today the missing points are back in my account!!!

However, I haven't received any email response so far. And I made plenty of calls earlier, so I cannot rule out that my earlier actions triggered the points adjustment.
brc01 and James Smith like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:32 pm

I was not able to get any help when I was on the phone I even talk to someone that was apparently in corporate and his comment were that they could not Track where any of the points went. When things started change was when I emailed the very 1st person listed on a different website in the corporate office in Bellevue Washington. Again I don't think I can link to other websites however if you Google "all my expedia rewards points suddenly disappeared" That should bring up a website that has the contact information I used. I was firm with my responses and the 1st answer I got back was the points were pending. I told them that I understood and was just giving them their 60 day notice that is required before I go to Arbitration or file a small claims court suit. I informed them that the points were rewarded to me the previous month and I could have used them at any point. I found it hard to believe that they went from available back to pending. Within a week of that response I was told it is a known issue and they put the points back into my account Manually.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are having the same issue. It's frustrating but considering the value of the points especially with the Vip hotel Redemption rate You need to stay on this.
Thanks a lot - this will save me a lot of time since now I know I don't need to even bother with calling and can just do it all through email. Even if it takes a few weeks/months I guess there's no harm for me, should be in time for summer hotel bookings with VIP.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:57 am

Anyone tried using airline credit for NEXUS? Seems pretty obvious that only GE or TSA Pre would be valid, but was wondering if anyone dared trying to get NEXUS to trigger yet....
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:42 pm

I called, chat, and emailed Citi about only 50k points posting instead of 70k and so far nothing. Now I'm ready to book something and don't have the full amount of points, super frustrating.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:03 pm

No luck getting reimbursement for United pet fee. Maybe it's something to do with United incidentals?

Never thought it would be this difficult to cash out the airline credit when it was so easy to do so with the Prestige.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

I was not able to get any help when I was on the phone I even talk to someone that was apparently in corporate and his comment were that they could not Track where any of the points went. When things started change was when I emailed the very 1st person listed on a different website in the corporate office in Bellevue Washington. Again I don't think I can link to other websites however if you Google "all my expedia rewards points suddenly disappeared" That should bring up a website that has the contact information I used..
I'd like to thank you once again for this info. After exhausing phone/chat/email options and waiting the required 6-8 weeks, I sent a polite email based on your info above yesterday with relevant screenshots/documentation of spending, and within 24 hours got a personal callback apologizing for the hassle and an immediate fix to my issues.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
"airline fee credits" differ from "travel credits"

Originally Posted by brc01
No luck getting reimbursement for United pet fee. Maybe it's something to do with United incidentals?

Never thought it would be this difficult to cash out the airline credit when it was so easy to do so with the Prestige.
Unfortunately, Expedia card "airline fee credits" are more restrictive and also cannot be used against fees that exceed $100! I have the feeling agents have less discretion in making exceptions than AMEX agents do for the AMEX card airline fee credits.

CSR, Citi Prestige and US Bank Altitude Reserve cards have "travel credits" applicable to much broader array of travel-related charges, inclusive of airfare itself. These travel credits need not be incidental airline fees.
brc01 and akr1970akr like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Question for those who have booked with points - am I right in assuming that the cancellation policy matches whether paying with cash or points? In other words, if I found a VIP hotel with a cancellation policy of full refund 2 days before arrival, I can cancel 2+ days out and it won't matter if I paid for it with:
  1. $1000 in cash
  2. 70,000 points
  3. 35,000 points and $500 cash
I would still receive the full amount of what I paid as how I paid it (especially number 3 - I will still receive 35k points and $500 cash)?
Decided to be the datapoint as I haven't seen this anywhere. Originally booked a refundable hotel with my points and some cash. After submitting a refund, the points posted automatically and the cash portion was returned to the CC.

This has to be the best card for Mexico/Caribbean all-inclusives if one signed up for the 70k Black Friday bonus. There's a great number of them across all price points under VIP hotels, meaning the points are worth 1.4c each.
Old May 6, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Decided to be the datapoint as I haven't seen this anywhere. Originally booked a refundable hotel with my points and some cash. After submitting a refund, the points posted automatically and the cash portion was returned to the CC.

This has to be the best card for Mexico/Caribbean all-inclusives if one signed up for the 70k Black Friday bonus. There's a great number of them across all price points under VIP hotels, meaning the points are worth 1.4c each.
How long did the cash portion refund take if you don't mind me asking? Was this recent?
Old May 6, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
How long did the cash portion refund take if you don't mind me asking? Was this recent?
Jumping in with my own datapoint--I cancelled a refundable reservation with points + cash residual and was refunded 14 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.