Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to Citi card insurance 11/23/14 and 5/15/2016.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: themicah
Effective 5/15/16 there are further changes. The main changes seem to be extending extended warranty coverage from 12 to 24 months, extending return protection coverage from 60 to 90 days, and extending Citi Price Rewind limits from $300/item and $1200/year to $500/item and $2500/year. Please update this wiki if you find other changes or find that any of these do not apply to certain cards.

Following are the benefits guides we have found:
Citi Thankyou Preferred, Forward card (and likely some others without annual fees)
Citi AT&T card
Citi ?? Non-cobranded card (likely cards without annual fees)
Citi ClickCiti AAdvantage and likely (but unconfirmed) AAdvantage Bronze card
Citi Hilton card
Citi Expedia+ card
Citi Thankyou Premier card
Citi AAdvantage Platinum, Gold and likely (but unconfirmed) Silver card
Citi Hilton Reserve card
Citi Expedia+ Voyager card
Citi Prestige card
Citi AAdvantage Executive
Citi Chairman Card

For historical purposes, here are the benefits guides we found that were effective 11/23/14 to 5/14/16:
Citi ?? Non-cobranded card
Citi AT&T card
Citi Platinum, Gold and likely (but unconfirmed) Silver AAdvantage card
Citi Hilton (Reserve?) card
Citi ClickCiti and likely (but unconfirmed) Bronze AAdvantage card
Citi Hilton card
Citi Executive AAdvantage card
Citi Prestige card
Citi Chairman Amex
Print Wikipost

Changes to Citi card insurance 11/23/14 and 5/15/2016.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Moorea
Sony camera just went bad on vacation and needs $300 repair. Anyone have any luck with Citi honoring purchases made before the date they announced the benefit (May 2016)? We purchased it in Dec 2014 and it’s still covered by the 24 month extension but it was before this was technically a card benefit.
Data point in case anyone needs it.. Citi approved the claim, despite being purchased before they technically announced the extended warranty as a card benefit. I also had transitioned the card from an AA Citi card to a Citi Double Cash between purchase and now, and it was still approved. Very happy Citi took care of this!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
A little bit late but just wanted to provide a data point for the Worldwide Car Rental Insurance on the Citi Prestige. Went on a trip to Iceland on April 2017 and rented a car. One of the nights in the hotel parking lot, someone dinged our passenger side door pretty hard and left a pretty good dent. The offending party was no where to be seen in the morning and I was pretty much sweating bullets knowing how expensive the bill would be. I immediately called citi benefits to open a claim. Explained to them what happened and since we were still in the middle of the trip they said that they would open a case number for us and said would email us a list of items we needed to get from the rental company when we returned the car.

The rental company said that they needed to charge us $4000 deposit while they send the car to get fixed and would refund us the difference once they have the final costs. Called up Citi benefits and they said to just charge it to the card and get all the paperwork of the damage and rental agreement. So I emailed Citi benefits all the documents and we had to wait 2 weeks for the final repair bill to come from the rental company. Final bill came out to be around $2000 for the repair job plus the lost revenue incurred during the repair. After we got the final bill, it didn't take Citi Benefits more than 3 days to approve the claim and I had the check in the mail the following week. All in all, it was a sigh of relief and there was no hassle from Citi Benefits at all during the entire process. I would say Citi has one of the best insurance coverage outside of the US.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Thanks. That's great to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.