Old Oct 28, 14, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tonei
Transition-Related Notes
Members are starting to receive Priority Pass Select cards in the mail. These are sent by Collinson via USPS, separately from the rebranded Prestige cards.
There was a decimal rounding error in the ThankYou point accounting on October statements. Remove a 0 from each of the totals reported - it should then match
Members who signed up prior to 10/18 still only receive a $250 airline credit for the year; if you previously used the $200 incidental credit, you can get another $50 in airline purchases reimbursed through December.
If you signed up before 10/18/14 you are eligible to receive the 15% discount and companion benefits for a year after your signup date. Call Citi at 877-288-2484 and ask to speak with a travel specialist, rather than letting them send the information to Spirit Incentives for an email quote. There are mixed reviews as to the efficacy of this service.
Print Wikipost

CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14

Old Jul 8, 14, 9:44 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PHX
Posts: 321
I called customer service regarding the reported changes and I was told that the effective date will be October 18th and that official notification will be at least 45 days prior to this date. All gone: flight points, 15% discount, airport angel & companion airfare.
CNMAZ is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 9:46 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,737
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
I called customer service regarding the reported changes and I was told that the effective date will be October 18th and that official notification will be at least 45 days prior to this date. All gone: flight points, 15% discount, airport angel & companion airfare.
I hope they refund me the $450 AF.
yoyo is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 12:39 pm
  #78  
dw
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
I called customer service regarding the reported changes and I was told that the effective date will be October 18th and that official notification will be at least 45 days prior to this date. All gone: flight points, 15% discount, airport angel & companion airfare.
It's amazing how all these benefits will be going away less than 2 years after the card was (re)launched. I suppose for people who need Admirals Club access, this card will still be a good way to get that for a net annual fee (after the $200 airline incidental reimbursements) of $250.
dw is online now  
Old Jul 8, 14, 1:23 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CVG
Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Posts: 486
Originally Posted by dw
It's amazing how all these benefits will be going away less than 2 years after the card was (re)launched. I suppose for people who need Admirals Club access, this card will still be a good way to get that for a net annual fee (after the $200 airline incidental reimbursements) of $250.
We currently have a partial picture. The question is really, what will be added?
CVG_Kid is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 1:58 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
We currently have a partial picture. The question is really, what will be added?
Few posts above mentioned Airline transfers. Depending on the airlines and transfer ratios, this could be a significant benefit.

I just need to figure out a way to burn through my 75k of flight points before the next annual fee hits.
anks329 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 2:04 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CVG
Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Posts: 486
Originally Posted by anks329
Few posts above mentioned Airline transfers. Depending on the airlines and transfer ratios, this could be a significant benefit.

I just need to figure out a way to burn through my 75k of flight points before the next annual fee hits.
I agree. If they implement transfers of ThankYou points to airlines then the ThankYou program may finally have grown out of it's adolescence and become useful to travel hackers.

When they killed flight points for my Premier card they let me keep the match i had accrued until it was all matched off.
CVG_Kid is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 2:42 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,433
Anyone else having trouble booking companion tickets right now? I keep getting "No results were found" even though I know all three major US airlines fly between those points.

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Her response: Flight points, 15% discount, companion ticket going away (we knew all this); new benefits are a handful of increased earn rates. Specifically, 3x back on flights* and hotels, 2x back on dining and entertainment, 1x all other purchases.
This is interesting. Isn't the opposite of the Premier, which has 3x dining/entertainment and 2x flights/hotels?
nall is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 2:45 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 256
Might I ask a really dumb question but what is the benefit of transferring thank you points to an airline to use vs just booking a flight through the thank you website? I'm sure there is an obvious answer that I'm not understanding. Unless you can get more points in transferring than booking directly, like the AA and USair ratio now? Thanks in advance.

This will be all very interesting to see how they roll out the changes. I've already made use of my companion tickets for the year, so I can't check the site anymore.
voodoogirl is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 2:55 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,433
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Might I ask a really dumb question but what is the benefit of transferring thank you points to an airline to use vs just booking a flight through the thank you website? I'm sure there is an obvious answer that I'm not understanding. Unless you can get more points in transferring than booking directly, like the AA and USair ratio now? Thanks in advance.

This will be all very interesting to see how they roll out the changes. I've already made use of my companion tickets for the year, so I can't check the site anymore.
You could top off for an award ticket, for example, or even outright book one.

Last edited by nall; Jul 8, 14 at 3:17 pm
nall is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 3:21 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CVG
Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Posts: 486
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Might I ask a really dumb question but what is the benefit of transferring thank you points to an airline to use vs just booking a flight through the thank you website? I'm sure there is an obvious answer that I'm not understanding. Unless you can get more points in transferring than booking directly, like the AA and USair ratio now? Thanks in advance.

This will be all very interesting to see how they roll out the changes. I've already made use of my companion tickets for the year, so I can't check the site anymore.
It's the difference between redeemable miles and purchasing a ticket.

135,000 ThankYou points will get you a $2160. American or US Air ticket or a $1795 ticket on any other airline.

135,000 ThankYou points transferred to American would get you a $20,000 first class flight to Asia on Cathay Pacific.
CVG_Kid is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 3:38 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 256
yes, that would make sense! Thanks
voodoogirl is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 3:45 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,414
Originally Posted by mia
Previously the list was rumored to be: British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. Does that match what you heard?
I specifically asked about BA and AA and was told no. SQ was on the list. CX wasn't mentioned but I don't know if the list was complete.
themicah is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 3:54 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
I called customer service regarding the reported changes and I was told that the effective date will be October 18th and that official notification will be at least 45 days prior to this date. All gone: flight points, 15% discount, airport angel & companion airfare.
Do you know what they will be replacing Airport Angel with? Priority Pass like it used to be? Or if they will be replacing it at all?
sbguy55 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 4:04 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PHX
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by sbguy55
Do you know what they will be replacing Airport Angel with? Priority Pass like it used to be? Or if they will be replacing it at all?

The customer service agent only had "limited" information about what was going to be offered and nothing was said about an airport angel replacement.
CNMAZ is offline  
Old Jul 8, 14, 4:33 pm
  #90  
dw
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
The customer service agent only had "limited" information about what was going to be offered and nothing was said about an airport angel replacement.
Interestingly, references to Airport Angel are still included in the online marketing materials for the card, whereas references to Flight Points, the Companion Ticket and the 15% discount have all been removed.
dw is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread