Old Oct 28, 14, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tonei
Transition-Related Notes
Members are starting to receive Priority Pass Select cards in the mail. These are sent by Collinson via USPS, separately from the rebranded Prestige cards.
There was a decimal rounding error in the ThankYou point accounting on October statements. Remove a 0 from each of the totals reported - it should then match
Members who signed up prior to 10/18 still only receive a $250 airline credit for the year; if you previously used the $200 incidental credit, you can get another $50 in airline purchases reimbursed through December.
If you signed up before 10/18/14 you are eligible to receive the 15% discount and companion benefits for a year after your signup date. Call Citi at 877-288-2484 and ask to speak with a travel specialist, rather than letting them send the information to Spirit Incentives for an email quote. There are mixed reviews as to the efficacy of this service.
Print Wikipost

CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14

Old Feb 11, 15, 1:45 pm
  #751  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 256
What month is the relationship bonus credited? No banking, just the one based on annual spend. Is it anniversary month?
voodoogirl is offline  
Old Feb 11, 15, 1:57 pm
  #752  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 46,350
Originally Posted by voodoogirl View Post
What month is the relationship bonus credited?
The fine print in the image in post 763 mentions membership year. I had assumed it was based on calendar 2014, but inasmuch as my bonus appeared on the February statement I must be off by a month. (The expiration date on the card is September, but at some point Citi did a pro-rated refund and rebill of annual fees which shifted the dates of my membership year.) I have not paid attention, this bonus is a trivial factor.
mia is offline  
Old Feb 17, 15, 9:16 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 37
Prestige roadside assistance benefit

I recieved a packet in the mail today of the updated "protection" benefits with the Prestige card. One that surprised me is that Prestige now offers free roadside assistance with 10 miles of free towing. This benefit is better than the standard World Elite MC towing benefit or Visa Signature towing benefit that each come with charges. In fact, it rivals the Amex enahnced roadside assistance with the higher-end Amex cards. Actually, the Prestige benefit exceeds the Amex because Amex limits the free assistance to 4 times a year, whereas the Prestige does not. Running out of good reasons to keep my Amex Platinum. Not sure SPG gold and FHR is enough...
Mach5 is offline  
Old Feb 18, 15, 2:47 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,670
Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
I recieved a packet in the mail today of the updated "protection" benefits with the Prestige card. One that surprised me is that Prestige now offers free roadside assistance with 10 miles of free towing. This benefit is better than the standard World Elite MC towing benefit or Visa Signature towing benefit that each come with charges. In fact, it rivals the Amex enahnced roadside assistance with the higher-end Amex cards. Actually, the Prestige benefit exceeds the Amex because Amex limits the free assistance to 4 times a year, whereas the Prestige does not. Running out of good reasons to keep my Amex Platinum. Not sure SPG gold and FHR is enough...
I see your point about how the Prestige Card is rivaling Amex Plat on so many levels. I'm keeping Plat for Delta, $200 toward UA, and some of the other benefits that are exclusive.
eajusa is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 1:36 am
  #755  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Posts: 7,642
Originally Posted by Debonaire View Post
I'm finding myself using Prestige less and less because of the confusion that comes from the magnetic stripe. It took me half a minute to figure out how to use it at the parking meter!
I've had this card for 2 days, and I'm all but ready to give it up due to the mag stripe location.

Yes, you can point it out to every single person (and I've had to do so), but why should I have to? The way they have done it serves no purpose, and just causes confusion.
docbert is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 8:44 am
  #756  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PHL
Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 571
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
I've had this card for 2 days, and I'm all but ready to give it up due to the mag stripe location.

Yes, you can point it out to every single person (and I've had to do so), but why should I have to? The way they have done it serves no purpose, and just causes confusion.
LOL. Your ready to cut up the best premium travel (IMO) card over that?
ftomasze is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 9:07 am
  #757  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,400
If it takes you an extra minute to complete every in-person purchase you make, that time can certainly add up. Of course one solution is to just not use it as your everyday card. But it would be very nice if Citi would make a more traditional card design available for those of us who want to use it as our everyday card but don't want to have a conversation with every single cashier we encounter about how stupidly our credit card is physically designed.
themicah is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 10:45 am
  #758  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 90
Has anyone used the golf benefit with this card? I just got it a week ago, thinking I'll probably drop my Amex Plat. Are there any hidden fees with the golf thing? I assume if you want a cart, that's a separate charge, correct?
jgroll57 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 10:55 am
  #759  
dw
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 5,973
Originally Posted by themicah View Post
If it takes you an extra minute to complete every in-person purchase you make, that time can certainly add up. Of course one solution is to just not use it as your everyday card. But it would be very nice if Citi would make a more traditional card design available for those of us who want to use it as our everyday card but don't want to have a conversation with every single cashier we encounter about how stupidly our credit card is physically designed.
This card has actually gone from my everyday card to one I use only occasionally... mostly for purchases over the internet (including airfare) and at hotels where I can instruct the front desk how to swipe the card.

I do wish Citi could generate a plain, backup card for us with the same account number. (Like how Chase can issue a plastic duplicate card for the Palladian Card.)

I was originally hoping this would become a non-issue come October with the EMV liability shift, but last I read, Visa is only expecting that 50-60% of the terminals in the US will be EMV capable at that point. I have a feeling that the majority of the EMV capable terminals will be at large chain stores where we already swipe the cards ourselves... and that small businesses (i.e. restaurants) will be slow to adapt.
dw is online now  
Old Feb 27, 15, 2:57 pm
  #760  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mem
Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Posts: 922
I am thinking about getting this card, I have one question about the 4th night free hotel benefit. I know that you have to book through Carlson Wagonlit travel, but does anybody know if they are a member of Virtuoso so that one can book at luxury hotels with the upgrade benefits, free breakfast etc?
Valveking is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 3:51 pm
  #761  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: free agent
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
I've had this card for 2 days, and I'm all but ready to give it up due to the mag stripe location.

Yes, you can point it out to every single person (and I've had to do so), but why should I have to? The way they have done it serves no purpose, and just causes confusion.
This problem will probably mostly go away by the end of the year as most retailers move to EMV...
pareto is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 4:22 pm
  #762  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 42
I just got approved, so thrilled. The 60k points+350 annual fee still alive until march 15,at least in TX.
bigbang09 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 4:33 pm
  #763  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,765
Originally Posted by Valveking View Post
I am thinking about getting this card, I have one question about the 4th night free hotel benefit. I know that you have to book through Carlson Wagonlit travel, but does anybody know if they are a member of Virtuoso so that one can book at luxury hotels with the upgrade benefits, free breakfast etc?
Lots of info in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l-benefit.html
linglingfool is offline  
Old Feb 27, 15, 6:56 pm
  #764  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Thanks for that. Reading now.
mittenfingerz is offline  
Old Mar 2, 15, 1:10 pm
  #765  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by jgroll57 View Post
Has anyone used the golf benefit with this card? I just got it a week ago, thinking I'll probably drop my Amex Plat. Are there any hidden fees with the golf thing? I assume if you want a cart, that's a separate charge, correct?
I have used it. It's quite good that all carts fees are paid. It's not good that you cannot use 3 vouchers in one reservation. You have to reserve one spot 3 times if you want to use it with your buddies.
larciel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread