Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bbmatt
I don't think the LAX aangels ever check cuz all flights out of T4 are AA, except for that late night qantas one?
There's a tunnel that connects t4 with 5&6, so ua, as, dl, us can go to t4.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:27 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Citi Prestige Admirals Club Access

I am really curious about an edge case:

As a Citi Prestige cardholder, would I have Admirals Club access on an AA-operated domestic flight I booked as a BA award/reward with Avios?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:52 pm

As long as the flight is on AA/US metal.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA DL
I use AC with AA flights booked with avios all the time
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:47 pm

I thought you can get in at any Admirals Club as long as you show your prestige card at the reception (not necessarily have to take AA flight)....
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:51 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I thought you can get in at any Admirals Club as long as you show your prestige card at the reception (not necessarily have to take AA flight)....

No, you definitely need to have some AA/US ticket
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by NDN
No, you definitely need to have some AA/US ticket
+1

What you describe is what you can do if you actually have full Admirals Club membership. Only card that grants that is the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Do I need to carry Prestige plastic for AC or PP lounge entry? Citi exec was tied to the AA# and it rarely took precious real estate in the wallet.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Do I need to carry Prestige plastic for AC or PP lounge entry?
You need to carry the Prestige card for Admirals Club entry. Prestige does not provide an Admirals Club membership, thus no link to your Advantage account.

You need to carry the Priority Pass card to enter other lounges.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
There have been some recent reports of some lounges (mostly the ex-US Airways Clubs) not requesting to see the boarding pass when checking in with a Prestige Card, but that is not the official policy.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by mia
You need to carry the Prestige card for Admirals Club entry. Prestige does not provide an Admirals Club membership, thus no link to your Advantage account.

You need to carry the Priority Pass card to enter other lounges.
That's what I thought too. Thanks for confirming it.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dw
There have been some recent reports of some lounges (mostly the ex-US Airways Clubs) not requesting to see the boarding pass when checking in with a Prestige Card, but that is not the official policy.
That's either a) a courtesy, b) a mistake, or c) intentional if Citi pays per entry, either way don't expect it last long once people start expecting it
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:25 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
That's either a) a courtesy, b) a mistake, or c) intentional if Citi pays per entry, either way don't expect it last long once people start expecting it
I'm pretty sure it's a mistake being made by agents on the US-side who are not accustomed to the AA entry rules; however I am sure that will change over time. I've had a few instances as of late where the US-side agents got flustered trying to process my Prestige card and just waived me in without recording the entry.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by dw
I'm pretty sure it's a mistake being made by agents on the US-side who are not accustomed to the AA entry rules; however I am sure that will change over time. I've had a few instances as of late where the US-side agents got flustered trying to process my Prestige card and just waived me in without recording the entry.
I agree. Over the last week, the attendant at EWR asked for a boarding pass and scanned it (FWIW it was a US boarding pass and still got me in), while the attendant at PHX (US-legacy club) did not ask for my boarding pass.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Last night I presented the Prestige card and photo ID at DFW terminal C club and no boarding pass was requested. No other carrier flies from terminal C, but could have taken the SkyTrain . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.