FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1562705-citi-prestige-admirals-club-access-benefit.html)

rgAAFT Feb 10, 2015 7:11 am

Good to know

themicah Mar 24, 2015 9:47 am

I visited two of the former US Clubs in PHX this weekend (first to hang with a friend at the lounge near his gate and then to wait for my own flight on a different concourse after exploring for a bit). They seem to still be using a US computer system, and each lounge had a supervisor/trainer type person on hand to help the attendants check people in.

In both lounges they commented about how their computers can't yet swipe the Prestige cards, so they had to go through several screens on their computers and then manually type in my card information, but they figured it out (with the supervisor/trainer's help). Neither lounge asked to see a boarding pass so I didn't get to test whether they'd give me a hard time about my US bp (although I was booked through AA on the AA codeshare).

I'll have another opportunity to test the US boarding pass issue in a few weeks at EWR.

Jcrew Mar 24, 2015 11:22 am

I was able to get in to LAX AC with AA award ticket booked through BA.

mia Mar 24, 2015 11:27 am

Originally Posted by themicah (Post 24557465)
In both lounges they commented about how their computers can't yet swipe the Prestige cards

I think there is some confusion between the Citi Executive and Prestige cards. I had an attendant just wave me through when I showed my Prestige card, murmuring something about an Admiral's Club membership (which I do not have). I expect this will change when the attendants are able to swipe both card types, but then the problem should diminish as US flights become AA flights.

Originally Posted by Jcrew (Post 24557961)

That seems correct. You have an AA boarding pass for an AA flight number. Avois is merely the method of payment.

dw Mar 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 24557997)
I think there is some confusion between the Citi Executive and Prestige cards. I had an attendant just wave me through when I showed my Prestige card, murmuring something about an Admiral's Club membership (which I do not have). I expect this will change when the attendants are able to swipe both card types, but then the problem should diminish as US flights become AA flights.

Yes, I noticed the same confusion twice last month while visiting the old US Club at DCA. Both times, after looking at the card, I noticed the agents trying to look up a membership using my Advantage number, at which point I had to explain that the Prestige card just gives me access, not an actual membership. The first time the agent just looked at the back of the card for awhile (thankfully it now says "Admirals Club Access") and waved me in; the second time there was an another agent who seemed to be legacy AA who helped out.... but it did seem like they had to go through several computer screens to process it.

themicah Mar 24, 2015 1:32 pm

In both of the PHX clubs I visited, the trainer/supervisor person (not sure exactly what their role was) recognized the Prestige card and guided the main attendant through the screens necessary to input all the card details. They had to type in my full credit card number.

eajusa Mar 24, 2015 2:56 pm

I can't fly AA exclusively due to my location. Thank God for Prestige, so I don't have to pay every time I want in an AC.

mia Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 24559166)
I can't fly AA exclusively due to my location. Thank God for Prestige, so I don't have to pay every time I want in an AC.

Prestige only provides access to an Admirals Club when you are flying AA, and (unofficially) US. It does not provide access when flying UA or DL. Have you found otherwise?

mightyducksman Mar 24, 2015 3:08 pm

This past weekend went to an old US in CLT and AC in ORD - both swiped my card and did not ask to see a boarding pass. So at least for now it's probably a YMMV situation for those flying other airlines (I was flying on an AA res with mixed metal).

eajusa Mar 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 24559198)
Prestige only provides access to an Admirals Club when you are flying AA, and (unofficially) US. It does not provide access when flying UA or DL. Have you found otherwise?

No, I have not. I only AC when flying AA. I'm just saying I wouldn't pay for AC membership since I would not use it enough, and paying $50 a day also adds up. Using a co-branded credit card that includes the benefit of accessing an airline's lounges works better for me, as long as the other benefits of a given card add enough value to justify the AF. So far that has been the case with Prestige.

bbmatt Mar 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jcrew (Post 24557961)

I don't think the LAX aangels ever check cuz all flights out of T4 are AA, except for that late night qantas one?

voodoogirl Mar 24, 2015 9:26 pm

I used my Prestige card for access in Dallas twice in the past week. They just swiped the card, didn't ask for a boarding pass, although I was flying AA. I also used my Priority Pass card for access to the Alaska Airlines Boardroom in Seattle.

cloudybw Mar 25, 2015 12:22 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl (Post 24560819)
I used my Prestige card for access in Dallas twice in the past week. They just swiped the card, didn't ask for a boarding pass, although I was flying AA. I also used my Priority Pass card for access to the Alaska Airlines Boardroom in Seattle.

Same experience at EWR today.

CaroPalms Mar 25, 2015 5:12 am

I'm currently sitting in the BOS Admirals Club (old US club) and the attendant scanned my electronic boarding pass and that's it - she didn't ask for any thing to show I had access to the club. I even asked her if I was all set.

I doubt they would have something in the system that remembered me, so who knows.

Jcrew Mar 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt (Post 24560202)
I don't think the LAX aangels ever check cuz all flights out of T4 are AA, except for that late night qantas one?

They usually don't. This was the first time they asked for boarding pass.