Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 15, 16, 11:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 28, 14, 6:51 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by dw View Post
... The primary cardmember...
I don't have our cards with me today, but I don't recall any visual difference between the primary and authorized user's card. Is there any indication printed or embossed on the cards? (Likely the lounge can still determine this by swiping.)
Old Mar 28, 14, 8:41 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
The e-mail the CSR mentioned to mia yesterday has gone out as well with the announcement:

Hello XXXXX,

Beginning March 27, 2014, your Citi Prestige® Card will feature two new benefits to make your travels all the more extraordinary.

Travel more with fewer ThankYou® Points*
• Your points are now worth even more when redeemed for American Airlines or US Airways® flights than when redeemed for non-air travel, booked through the Citi ThankYou® Travel Center.
• For example, 50,000 ThankYou Points can be redeemed for a $500 hotel stay, or an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways® (60% more value), or a $665 flight on any other airline (33% more value).*
To learn more about all the ways you can use ThankYou Points, visit thankyou.com

Enjoy a relaxing escape at airport lounges worldwide
• For the first time ever, you can enjoy complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges when you present your Citi Prestige Card and boarding pass.1
• Plus enjoy access to a network of more than 440 Airport Angel airport lounges worldwide.2
To locate a lounge, visit aa.com/admiralsclub or airportangel.com/citiprestige

All of this is in addition to your existing benefits, including:
• Up to $200 in airline fee credits3
• A $100 Global Entry application fee credit4

It’s our way of bringing you unforgettable experiences wherever you travel.
To explore the range of benefits your card offers, visit citi.com/citiprestige
Old Mar 28, 14, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I don't have our cards with me today, but I don't recall any visual difference between the primary and authorized user's card. Is there any indication printed or embossed on the cards? (Likely the lounge can still determine this by swiping.)
Sounds like a test is in order. Go together, offer the AU card first and see what happens.
Old Mar 28, 14, 9:29 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Looks like the 1.6x multiplier isn't going away.

....now, what to do with ~400K TY points.
Old Mar 28, 14, 10:16 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Let's see how the Admirals Club access plays out. Currently there is no difference between cards of primary cardmember and AU other than the names. Citi may issue a new card for primary cardmembers with a logo to differentiate them from AUs. But which logo will that be? I don't think Citi will use Admirals Club's logo just like Executive/AA WEMC since that gives you the full membership meaning you can access US Air/Qantas/etc. The other way is to give AA some access to verify? I don't know when they swipe the card (such as Amex Plat) do they send electronic records to the issuers (Amex, Citi, etc.) or are they actually able to verify information provided by the issuers? Any thoughts?
Old Mar 28, 14, 10:31 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by leonard016 View Post
The other way is to give AA some access to verify? I don't know when they swipe the card (such as Amex Plat) do they send electronic records to the issuers (Amex, Citi, etc.) or are they actually able to verify information provided by the issuers? Any thoughts?
It's possible there is data already encoded in the magnetic strip of each card indicating whether the card is the primary one on the account or an AU card, which the Admirals Club software could have been programmed to read.
Old Mar 28, 14, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by srs507 View Post
I tweeted the @AskCiti folks, and they confirmed what PainCorp has been saying - only the primary cardholder gets the benefit, not Authorized Users.
Just to give you a heads up, it is also confirmed in their Terms and Conditions. Per the term and conditions, "Only primary Citi Prestige® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges."

Of course, I also don't recognize any difference between the cards but I would assume it must be embedded in the magnetic strip.
Old Mar 29, 14, 1:24 am

Do AUs have unique CC numbers?
Old Mar 29, 14, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by nall View Post
Do AUs have unique CC numbers?
no.
Old Mar 29, 14, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Citi Prestige : Admiral's Club Benefit

They may not have unique cc numbers but the name embossed on the card is in the mag stripe. Remember the signature strip on receipt always has the cardholders name on it.
Old Apr 5, 14, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Citi Prestige to Offers Admirals Club Access

I am a long term Prestige member having the Chairman card previously. I received an email yesterday indicating that we have lounge access when flying on American (exactly the same benefit as the Amex Platinum). Interestingly, Citi advertises all over that the only card that has lounge access is their new Citi Executive Advantage account which is not accurate.
Old Apr 5, 14, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by bas5838 View Post
Interestingly, Citi advertises all over that the only card that has lounge access is their new Citi Executive Advantage account which is not accurate.
Citi and AA are in fact accurate in their advertising. The Citi Executive AA is "The only credit card with an Admirals Club membership." The Citi Prestige card doesn't come with an Admirals Club membership, it gives you access to Admirals Club lounges (not partner lounges) when you're flying AA that day, which is much more limited than an actual membership.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 5, 14 at 10:54 pm Reason: removed redundant material now that thread has been merged
Old Apr 5, 14, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bribro View Post
Citi and AA are in fact accurate in their advertising. The Citi Executive AA is "The only credit card with an Admirals Club membership." The Citi Prestige card doesn't come with an Admirals Club membership, it gives you access to Admirals Club lounges (not partner lounges) when you're flying AA that day, which is much more limited than an actual membership.
It's the new Amex Plat. Access but no membership.
Old Apr 30, 14, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver Elite, Priorityclub, Southwest, Hilton Gold, United
I understand that the AU doesn't get access privileges, however, can the AU ( or any guest ) be a +1 to the primary card holder if traveling together? My wife and I basically travel all the time together so if we can piggy back off one card - this is a great solution. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 30, 14, 11:36 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by grantsi View Post
I...can the AU ( or any guest ) be a +1 to the primary card holder if traveling together...
Yes.

ADMIRALS CLUB® ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:
Only primary Citi Prestige® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways Clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) a boarding pass or stand-by ticket, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit) and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. All guests must remain with the cardmember during the club visit. All persons must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Cardmembers and guests must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Should the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard account be closed for any reason, all Admirals Club benefits will be immediately cancelled, including access to all branded Admirals Club lounges. To locate a lounge please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. The rules and procedures applicable to American Airlines Admirals Clubs® and the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at citi.com/citiprestige will apply. Program benefit terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: