FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1562705-citi-prestige-admirals-club-access-benefit.html)

voodoogirl May 26, 2015 10:05 pm

I had no issues with access in Honolulu at the Sakura lounge, I wasn't sure about that one. Loved the ramen noodles.

Also, the LAX lounge is the first one to ask me for a boarding pass.

faboo May 27, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm traveling with my wife, her parents and her sister. At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes yet. The fine print says card holder, spouse and children is immediate family

mia May 28, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by faboo (Post 24879932)
At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes...

Admirals Club access has nothing to do with Priority Pass. You show the attendant your Prestige card. The card permits you to bring your immediate family (your wife) -or- two guests. The attendant might require some members of your party to purchase day passes.

josephstern May 28, 2015 10:26 am

Originally Posted by faboo (Post 24879932)
I'm traveling with my wife, her parents and her sister. At LAX would we be able to get in to the AC? I haven't gotten my priority passes yet. The fine print says card holder, spouse and children is immediate family

The AC in LAX is pretty lax with me with my traveling companions generally. My guess is that you'll be fine, although technically, the answer should be no.

faboo May 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 24881546)
Admirals Club access has nothing to do with Priority Pass. You show the attendant your Prestige card. The card permits you to bring your immediate family (your wife) -or- two guests. The attendant might require some members of your party to purchase day passes.

I only mentioned PP because I would just go to a different lounge if we couldn't get into the AC, but since I haven't received those passes yet, I can't

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 24882166)
The AC in LAX is pretty lax with me with my traveling companions generally. My guess is that you'll be fine, although technically, the answer should be no.

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for some first hand experience with the employees there. I'll try it out.

AirD0c May 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Citi Prestige : Admiral's Club access benefit

The AC at PHL (TA West) was having issues swiping Citi Prestiges today apparently. My card must have been swiped ten times in every orientation possible. I was told I was this was the 3rd card today they were having issues with and that it was a "systemwide" problem.

I was granted access nonetheless. Of note, they never asked for a BP.

Edit: in subsequent ACs (ORD), PHL terminal F, I was asked to provide boarding passes.

faboo Jun 9, 2015 6:15 pm

So I got into the LAX AC, with in laws. Didn't need to show boarding pass. That place is huge.

san88 Jun 11, 2015 12:54 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl (Post 24874026)
I had no issues with access in Honolulu at the Sakura lounge, I wasn't sure about that one. Loved the ramen noodles.

Also, the LAX lounge is the first one to ask me for a boarding pass.

I'm going to be using the HNL lounge but flying China Air, did the Sakura lounge ask for your boarding pass?

Earendel Jun 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Tried to get into the AC at STL today with my Prestige card. No dice.

They asked me what airline I was flying (AS) and would not let me in with the card because I wasn't flying on AA.

eajusa Jun 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Earendel (Post 24962102)
Tried to get into the AC at STL today with my Prestige card. No dice.

They asked me what airline I was flying (AS) and would not let me in with the card because I wasn't flying on AA.

In other words they followed the terms and conditions for the lounge benefit as spelled out by Citi.

voodoogirl Jun 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by san88 (Post 24952613)
I'm going to be using the HNL lounge but flying China Air, did the Sakura lounge ask for your boarding pass?

They did not. Always a chance, but might as well give it a shot.

Earendel Jun 13, 2015 10:02 am

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 24962164)
In other words they followed the terms and conditions for the lounge benefit as spelled out by Citi.

Agreed. Not complaining, just reporting. Figured it was worth a shot, because there are no PP lounges in STL and some reports indicate that BPs are not always checked.

Next week I'm traveling through PHL on US Air and will complain if I am not allowed in to the AC there.

eajusa Jun 13, 2015 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Earendel (Post 24964528)
Agreed. Not complaining, just reporting. Figured it was worth a shot, because there are no PP lounges in STL and some reports indicate that BPs are not always checked.

Next week I'm traveling through PHL on US Air and will complain if I am not allowed in to the AC there.

Flew PHL on US and was let in with Prestige Card. You should be ok.

jsucool76 Jun 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 24964543)
Flew PHL on US and was let in with Prestige Card. You should be ok.

You can use a US or AA boarding pass to get into any admiral's club. I used US BP to get into the AC at DCA. I was also told by citi customer service a while back (when I had asked about this right when the merger "finished," that if they for some reason don't let you in with a US air boarding pass (to an admiral's club), call citi immediately and they will get you in.

FallenPlat Jun 19, 2015 6:36 pm

I passed by the Boston Admirals Club -- the ex-US club near B4 -- this past weekend, and had no problems getting in with my Prestige card and a driver's license. No boarding pass was required. Also, no problems swiping the card since, after all, they do it all day long.