Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This benefit ends 6.20.2017.

Discuss HERE.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige : Admirals Club access benefit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: AA PLT
Has anyone tried gaining entry with guests to two different clubs at the same airport on the same day?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Has anyone tried gaining entry with guests to two different clubs at the same airport on the same day?
I've been to two different clubs at the same airport on the same day without issue, but only brought a guest into one of them (his flight was before mine so after his flight took off I went to the club closer to my gate).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
I've been to two different clubs at the same airport on the same day without issue, but only brought a guest into one of them (his flight was before mine so after his flight took off I went to the club closer to my gate).
Thanks for the data point. I was wondering if I'd be dinged for a lounge entry fee for bringing in "too many guests" if we went lounge hopping, but re-reading the T&Cs, there is no mention of a fee for additional guests into the AC, just for PP.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Airspace Lounge

The AA Admirals club in San Diego was remolded,rebuilt and now re-branded as an Airspace Lounge. Since its no longer an Admirals branded club we don't get access with the Citi Prestige? Checked Priority Pass and the only other lounge in SAN is the United Club (which we don't get access). So no lounge access in SAN at all???

Thanks for any insight ^
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have not been there, but my understanding is that the SAN lounge is jointly operated by both AA and Airspace. It is still listed as an Admirals Club an aa.com:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...s/san-club.jsp

You may find this thread helpful, even if you do not have an American Express Platinum card, because the Airspace representative explains a bit about the shared lounge concept:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ay-2014-a.html

Last edited by mia; Apr 28, 2015 at 6:22 am
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:02 am

I have a trip to SAN planned for this fall, so I'm interested in the answer to that as well.

Edge case 2: do guests need to be flying AA to be guested in? T&Cs only mention that the primary cardholder needs to be, but don't define requirements for "traveling guests":

To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) a boarding pass or stand-by ticket, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit) and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Yes, you'll get in with the card. I do all the time. It's basically an Admirals in everything-but-name as far as entry goes for AC members.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Last week at one of the MIA Admirals Clubs an agent was training another. The trainee accepted my Prestige Card and requested the boarding pass. The trainer "corrected" her explaining that no boarding pass is required because I had an "Executive" card, which includes a membership. This confirms what I have seen on some previous visits, the staff does not yet know the difference between Prestige and Executive, and they are applying the Executive rules which allow entrance even if not flying AA.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Last week at one of the MIA Admirals Clubs an agent was training another. The trainee accepted my Prestige Card and requested the boarding pass. The trainer "corrected" her explaining that no boarding pass is required because I had an "Executive" card, which includes a membership. This confirms what I have seen on some previous visits, the staff does not yet know the difference between Prestige and Executive, and they are applying the Executive rules which allow entrance even if not flying AA.
At JFK Admirals Club they did not ask to see the boarding pass, but in CDG Admirals Club the agent was completely puzzled by my Prestige. She asked to see my boarding pass after a minute or two. Guess it depends on the agent maybe :-/. This was last week.
Old May 13, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'm ditching my AA Exec and keeping my Prestige open.

Last edited by hiima; May 26, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
anyone buy a refundable ticket to get lounge access when traveling a different carrier?
Old May 15, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
You might want to do a slight bit of research into ordinary, garden-variety state-law fraud before pulling the trigger on that little trick. Just because you read about it on the internet somewhere -- even here -- doesn't mean that it's somehow automatically ok.

On the other hand, proving fraud in a one-off instance of this sort I imagine would be difficult. A pattern might be a different story.

And then there's always simply knowing right from wrong.

All this to save, what, $50?
Old May 16, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
anyone buy a refundable ticket to get lounge access when traveling a different carrier?
Not worth the bother.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
It's an admirals club not a Ritz Carlton
Old May 26, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hiima
It's an admirals club not a Ritz Carlton
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.