Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:11 pm

Having the same problem as others. Miles transferred 0. I have no immediate need for the miles so will wait until 3/31 to see if they post correctly.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:03 pm

I sent AA the message outlined in post #73 on Thursday, and today received a form letter in response that I need to call in to receive assistance with this matter.

I see very little reason to be optimistic this problem will be fixed anytime soon.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:55 pm
YZU

I've been trying to get my earned 100K posted to AAdvantage for 3 weeks, and AAdvantage keep promicing 7-10 days resolutions with no result so far. 30 day AF deadline is coming...DID ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM TRIED TO CANCEL CARD WITH EARNED MILES THAT WERE NOT POSTED YET??? Will I loose miles if cancel the card ????
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Originally Posted by cornellfOo
Having the same problem as others. Miles transferred 0. I have no immediate need for the miles so will wait until 3/31 to see if they post correctly.
Same here. I'd wait until 3/31 too.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:44 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
First - Message to AA
https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewCon...=AAdvantage%ae

Dear sir/madam:

The miles earned from my Executive MasterCard account ending in XXXX has been transferred to my AA account (as reported by Citibank). The miles are not showing in my AA account. Please verify the card is linked correctly, and in proper working order. Citi and I do not understand why the miles are not appearing. Please correct any problem with the card, or make sure it is linked properly, and provide a report of your review.

The following are all of my Citibank AA cards:
XX ending in XXXX (miles not appearing)
XX ending in XXXX
XX ending in XXXX

My date of birth is XX/XX/XXXX and I am NAME with AA# XXXX.

Thank you very much I appreciate it.

Second - Private Message to Citi via Website (after any reply from AA)

Dear sir/madam:

Please immediately re-report my miles for Executive Mastercard ending in XXXX to America Airlines. Here is the last response I have received from American Airlines ---- Subject: Re: Mileage Credit ---- Dear NAME, Its our pleasure to assist our valued AAdvantage members. Thanks for contacting us here at AAdvantageŽ Customer Service. We currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Please contact Citi and request for them to report your miles to us for Executive Mastercard account ending in XXXX so that we may expedite these posting to your account. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Chloe B. AAdvantage Customer Service American Airlines

Thank you very much I appreciate it.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Mar 26, 2014 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by YZU
I've been trying to get my earned 100K posted to AAdvantage for 3 weeks, and AAdvantage keep promicing 7-10 days resolutions with no result so far. 30 day AF deadline is coming...DID ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM TRIED TO CANCEL CARD WITH EARNED MILES THAT WERE NOT POSTED YET??? Will I loose miles if cancel the card ????
Yes, you will lose your miles. Penny wise, pound foolish.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Emailed AAdvantage Customer Service 3/19 and received a response for more information on 3/21. Agent asked for the last 4 digits of my three Citibank cards (2 Executive, 1 Business), which cards weren't posting, DOB and a contact number.

Email also said: We will get this issue resolved and your missing miles deposited as quickly as possible once I have your response.

Received following response 3/22 after submitting requested info: I have submitted a research request to locate and post your missing miles. Please allow 10-12 business days for resolution.
I received the same from AAdvantage. Though, on email #2 I got a call a few hours later but I didn't get to the phone in time and they never left a voicemail. Emailing Citi to re-report miles, hopefully the call was the green light and not asking for DOB.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:59 am

After PM above to Citi:

They are expediting the "re-deposit" of the miles in to my AA account.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
I was approved for the 50k AA business card back in December, and my sign-up bonus was supposed to post with my 2/12/2014 statement; however, it said 0 miles reported to American Airlines on the statement and the miles have still not posted to my AA account as of today.

I sent an email to AA per the recommendation in this thread, and received a phone call/voicemail from AA 5 days later saying that I can open up a dispute, but need to call in so that they can verify my DOB. Called in and AA told me it could take 2-3 months for miles to post, but they would initiate an investigation/dispute as a "courtesy." The investigation could take as long as 30 days. What a PITA. I have not spent any money on that CC since hitting the minimum spend, and wonder that's part of the problem (i.e. a statement needs to generate to post the miles).

Funny enough, my 100k AA Exec bonus posted within 24 hours of my statement.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by bribro
I have not spent any money on that CC since hitting the minimum spend, and wonder that's part of the problem (i.e. a statement needs to generate to post the miles).
Nope, additional spend, miles on next statement(s) doesn't help. I have had three statements after meeting the spend, each with some spend and miles, everytime, miles reported to AA is: 0 !!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by quikie
1. my second statement closed - miles transferred 0
2. "life to date miles" did increase by 110k 3 days before statement closed. I'll wait till Wednesday and start sending emails.
I called AA - It's now linked. Sent email to resend the miles - got this nonsense back.

There is a charge of $35.00 to have miles expedited to American Airlines and we are unable to expedite bonus miles.

We are reporting the miles to the American Airlines account number ***. Your earned AAdvantage miles will begin posting to your AAdvantage account number as of the next billing statement, 04/21/2014. This is due to the confirmation by American Airlines having been completed after our statement had cycled.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:38 am

So, I opened two citi exec, the first closed and posted miles within a few days. The second closed, a day later, and in my bill and online say the correct miles that will post - but I saw nothing. I then did an SM to citi for card 2, and received this response:

-----------------
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are in the process of linking your account to your American Airlines AAdvantageŽ Number XXXXXXX so we can post American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles on your American Airlines AAdvantageŽ account.

Some important information:

Please allow 2 billing periods for your AAdvantageŽ miles to begin posting to your AAdvantageŽ account.

Your AAdvantageŽ miles will be combined for the past months, and the total will appear on your statement within the next 2 billing periods.

Future monthly AAdvantageŽ miles will appear on the statement on which they are earned.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

------------------------

So, am I stuck? I will do what is suggested above in the wiki as well - is that all I can do?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:17 am

I am sending SMs every three business days telling them to re-deposit the miles until they do (regardless of the reply)...

SM is the same as calling.. HUCA Need those miles before I cancel ain't no game.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by mrsmsr
Same here. I'd wait until 3/31 too.
I am also having this issue. Private messaged twice, second response was,

"Your account is in process and targeted to be confirmed by 03/31/14. Mileage will be reported on their first billing after 03/31/14, or confirmation date whichever is later."

My account closes on March 28, so it appears I'll have to wait until April 28. Luckily I don't need the miles immediately.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:00 am

What a crock. I sent the form letter to Citi and they're saying they need to receive notice from A directly, so until that they will not re-send miles. I think it's crazy how some people here get a helpful CSR at AA who immediately links the accounts and then a helpful CSR at Citi whoi immediately re-sends the miles and others are stuck playing the idiot CSR lottery with both companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.