FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1511082-citi-executive-aa-mastercard-october-2013-september-2014-a.html)

lkar Feb 8, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by 141park (Post 22311711)
HI, what website is this? Thanks

Useaamiles dot com

Blueskyheaven Feb 8, 2014 2:19 pm

3 questions here,
1: I was unable to move CL from any of my other citi cards without a hard pull and info. The reps including supervisors wouldn't do it unless I agree to hard pull.
I have done these few times in past without any hard pulls. Is this brand new thing or only on this card?

2: My statement closes on March 5th, called to have it closed earlier but told me if I change, it will be march 15th. Activated the card 3days ago. Is this doable?
Thanks.

3: Tried to make a payment for last 2 day's purchases online but it says " You cannot make any payments at this time, because your Current Balance is $0.00."

How can I push the payment so I can get back some of the CL?
Thanks

KennyBSAT Feb 8, 2014 2:38 pm

1. If you were auto approved, this is typical. The best time to move CL is during your recon call before it is actually approved.

2. Any time I have changed the statement date, it has moved to a later date.

3. Call and make the payment (no problem), pay at a branch, or push from your bank or Bluebird using your bill pay feature.

ncSam Feb 8, 2014 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 22311998)
How can I push the payment so I can get back some of the CL?

Use the bill pay of another website, like Bluebird or your bank. They won't know your balance, and will just make the payment.

LWT3 Feb 8, 2014 2:53 pm

Any downside to adding spouses as authorized users?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'd like to apply for this offer in both my name individually and in my wife's name as primary with me as authorized user. I want to do this because my wife is willing to tolerate me opening multiple credit cards for signup bonuses, but she isn't going to go out and buy VR for the cards I get in her name. Doing the legwork is up to me, but I need my name on her card in order to buy VR.

Will adding me to her application limit my ability to qualify for the new account bonus offer when I apply in my name? Would being an authorized user affect the Citi day count rules/guidelines?

teammjs Feb 8, 2014 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 22312156)
This is probably a stupid question, but I'd like to apply for this offer in both my name individually and in my wife's name as primary with me as authorized user. I want to do this because my wife is willing to tolerate me opening multiple credit cards for signup bonuses, but she isn't going to go out and buy VR for the cards I get in her name. Doing the legwork is up to me, but I need my name on her card in order to buy VR.

Will adding me to her application limit my ability to qualify for the new account bonus offer when I apply in my name? Would being an authorized user affect the Citi day count rules/guidelines?

No, this is a very sound strategy. Citi doesn't even ask for the authorized user's SSN (even though they could probably figure it out).

This is what I do with my wife's applications as well, and I've never had a problem getting my own. Funny how spouses don't want to play "the game" but have no trouble taking free trips:)!

KennyBSAT Feb 8, 2014 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 22312156)

It could show up on your credit report as an additional new account, but otherwise no problem. It will not affect your ability to get Citi bonuses. I do the same thing for my wife's cards that she can't meet the spending for with AP.

Blueskyheaven Feb 8, 2014 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 22312093)
Use the bill pay of another website, like Bluebird or your bank. They won't know your balance, and will just make the payment.

Won't deliver until Tuesday on BB or from my checking account website.

Wish there was a way to have it paid on sunday or monday.

KennyBSAT Feb 8, 2014 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 22312197)

Call. I have been able to make a payment with a debit card and get credit freed up immediately with Citi.

yash1780 Feb 8, 2014 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 22312197)

I was having the same situation as of you (pre-payment issue). After reading above suggestion of bill pay, I just initiated initiated BOA checking account (as I have no balance in BB or serve) bill pay to CIti and it will deliver by 11th Feb Tuesday. I am not sure how you are saying "till Thursday". So, you can try BOA bill pay. It should deliver by Tuesday.

yash1780 Feb 8, 2014 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT (Post 22312205)
Call. I have been able to make a payment with a debit card and get credit freed up immediately with Citi.

Wow..I called in and did payment over the phone. Credit is available now immediately. Thanks for suggestion.

LWT3 Feb 8, 2014 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT (Post 22312194)
It could show up on your credit report as an additional new account, but otherwise no problem. It will not affect your ability to get Citi bonuses. I do the same thing for my wife's cards that she can't meet the spending for with AP.

Thank you to both you and teammjs. That's what I would have guessed, but it's good to get confirmation.

pricesquire Feb 8, 2014 3:41 pm

Never knew you could pay your balance and get an immediate credit via a debit card until a few days ago. Amazing.

MahiMahi524 Feb 8, 2014 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 22311869)
Useaamiles dot com

Be careful of rental cars with this site. As noted in other threads, their rates don't include taxes/fees, which frequently can be as much or more than the base rental rate. Most other portals include taxes/fees in their final quotes before confirming your purchase, but UseAAmiles doesn't or can't.

Blueskyheaven Feb 8, 2014 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire (Post 22312333)
Never knew you could pay your balance and get an immediate credit via a debit card until a few days ago. Amazing.

it doesn't work on automated system. did you do it with a live agent?
spoke with live agent, the rep told me it wouldn't work because the charges are in authorization stage and not posted yet.