Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Changes to Citi Prestige cards to parallel Premier card downgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Changes to Citi Prestige cards to parallel Premier card downgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:28 pm

There's been nothing definitive to indicate changes coming to the Prestige card. I don't think Citi would change the card's benefits within a year of it being released. That being said, Citi could change it's mind and get rid of flight points on this card as well.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:48 am

For anyone so inclined, I got to see the packaging of a new Prestige card that was delivered today. The 15% discount is mentioned and detailed in several places.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by nall
For anyone so inclined, I got to see the packaging of a new Prestige card that was delivered today. The 15% discount is mentioned and detailed in several places.
OMG....did you see that packaging?? What a waste!

We even got one for each card!
The whole thing, aside from the credit card, went straight to the landfill.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by msk6261
OMG....did you see that packaging?? What a waste!

We even got one for each card!
The whole thing, aside from the credit card, went straight to the landfill.
Isn't that pretty standard for high-end credit cards? The Amex Platinum comes in a box, and I think the Citi AAdvantage Executive card does, too.

Although I do know for a fact that additional Platinum cards do not come in a box, so that's interesting.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by trajan81
Heres the cut and copy of what it says on my Prestige page when I logged in (yes I have already used the companion pass, and no I don't have a Premier).

Your annual complimentary companion ticket has already been used for this membership year. As we communicated in our letter in late August 2013, this benefit is being discontinued and is no longer available. To learn more about the changes to your Citi ThankYou Premier Card, visit citi.com/thankyoupremierchanges or call and select Option 1.

You can use the Discounted Airfare benefit at this time.

It doesn't say anything in regards to the Prestige.
So was this resolved? And if so, how?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:05 pm

I just got off the phone with Spirit trying to book a Delta flight and they said Delta no longer participates in the program.

I know before Delta didn't show up on the website and you were able to call, but now it seems like you can't get Delta at all. Any other data points on this?

This sucks because Delta was almost always the cheapest for flights to LAS or ORD from NYC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.