Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:45 am

Got them out into AF. Not that I have too much use for them there, but it's better than losing them altogether.

I have not gotten to the EWS report yet. They needed verification info faxed to them, and I've slacked off.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
generally once a bank goes after you and closes you, they will also get the fam members even if they have sep accts.
TD Bank went after me, my children, my parents, a guardianship account and a church account. I was a signer an all accounts. All for depositing a few money orders OK, maybe it was more than a few....
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schutzee
TD Bank went after me, my children, my parents, a guardianship account and a church account. I was a signer an all accounts. All for depositing a few money orders OK, maybe it was more than a few....
How much more than a few? Was the balance immediately withdrawn via bill pay either pull or push, versus sitting there for a while? Inquiring mind wants to know.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:45 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I found your legal system significantly biased towards corporations these days http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/01...?_r=0&referer= . Even we don't have mandatory arbitration clauses here on HK.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stevento
...alert from Suntrust Bank that they forwarded to Citi....
I opened a Suntrust account 3-4 years ago, but never used it.
Might that alone be the alert? In other words, could Citi be troubled by a history of opening bank accounts that are not used?

There are a variety of circumstances which might cause that to happen, but their algorithm might look at that report in combination with, say, applying for more than X credit cards in a time period, to indicate someone who is opening the bank account primarily for rewards.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
I can't seem to log into my Citibank account this evening. I keep getting the following message: At least one of your entries does not match our records.

I spent 30 minutes with customer service resetting my password, but still can't get in. So I am worried I may be shut down.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Travel4Points
I can't seem to log into my Citibank account this evening. I keep getting the following message: At least one of your entries does not match our records.

I spent 30 minutes with customer service resetting my password, but still can't get in. So I am worried I may be shut down.
Chances are your account is under investigation is why they have disabled your online access.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by Travel4Points

try incognito window. sometimes i have trouble logging in (i think b/c i have multiple accounts), but it works with incognito.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by whoami03200201
Chances are your account is under investigation is why they have disabled your online access.
Thanks.

I reset my password again and finally got in. I also used the card for a charge today to ensure it was working. So I think I am good.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

Shut down about a month ago. Citi Prestige and Citi Hilton Reserve. No MS, but lots of 2X and 3X charges and LOTS of WM BP. Also, just applied for the Citi Gold and tried to fund with Prestige prior to the shut down. 250K TYP confiscated.

Of course, no reason given. Wrote letter to corporate requesting 1.6 cents/point and told to pound sand.

My challenge now is to find out who to sue. In TN there is no Citibank NA as on the CC documents. Called Citibank to ask who is their registered agent in TN and they refused to tell me (said to write in, which I did ...). Closest match of TN corporations (after a couple of hours of internet searching) is:

CITIGROUP NORTH AMERICA
CITIGROUP USA

Anybody know how to quickly confirm what is the correct corporation/registered agent?

I may try North America 1st and see what happens. Sued Vanilla Reloads and they settled for the full amount rather than travel to court ($6K) .... hoping for the same outcome here.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prestonv
Shut down about a month ago. Citi Prestige and Citi Hilton Reserve. No MS, but lots of 2X and 3X charges and LOTS of WM BP. Also, just applied for the Citi Gold and tried to fund with Prestige prior to the shut down. 250K TYP confiscated.

Of course, no reason given. Wrote letter to corporate requesting 1.6 cents/point and told to pound sand.

My challenge now is to find out who to sue. In TN there is no Citibank NA as on the CC documents. Called Citibank to ask who is their registered agent in TN and they refused to tell me (said to write in, which I did ...). Closest match of TN corporations (after a couple of hours of internet searching) is:

CITIGROUP NORTH AMERICA
CITIGROUP USA

Anybody know how to quickly confirm what is the correct corporation/registered agent?

I may try North America 1st and see what happens. Sued Vanilla Reloads and they settled for the full amount rather than travel to court ($6K) .... hoping for the same outcome here.
Just curious - no MS but why would you use WM BP A LOT? Exactly how you charged for the 3x and 2x?

Does Citi has branches in TN? If yes, you may want to call your local branch manager and ask if the branch would receive summon from the court.

Some states would allow State to State deliver of summon, with a fee. The State's AG office delivers the summons to the state where the Citicard HQ is, (SD) and then SD State AG deliver the summons.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:56 am
jk2

Originally Posted by prestonv

CITIGROUP NORTH AMERICA
CITIGROUP USA

I wanted to go the same route, but recently found this article ( http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1466286/ ) where one person spent $35K+ for disputing $125 fee from Citibank. Now, I'm not sure I want to deal with them.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Quote:

Just curious - no MS but why would you use WM BP A LOT? Exactly how you charged for the 3x and 2x?

Does Citi has branches in TN? If yes, you may want to call your local branch manager and ask if the branch would receive summon from the court.

Some states would allow State to State deliver of summon, with a fee. The State's AG office delivers the summons to the state where the Citicard HQ is, (SD) and then SD State AG deliver the summons.
Prestige was my go to card for airfares and hotels and travel. I was spending $5k per month of non MS.

No Citi branches in TN.

Thanks for your suggestion about using SD State AG. I'll try that if I strike out with CITIGROUP NA and USA.

I'll keep you updated ... I want these .......s.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Quote:

I wanted to go the same route, but recently found this article ( http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1466286/ ) where one person spent $35K+ for disputing $125 fee from Citibank. Now, I'm not sure I want to deal with them.
How do you drop $35K?

Guess I'll read the article. Filing small claims in TN costs about $100 including having the police serve the summons.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:52 pm

Read the article ... Really no relevance to my situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.