Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Old Oct 15, 13, 3:41 pm

My points showed up 24 hours after they usually would. Took a bit of patience, but they're there.

I'm past the halfway point of my 1-year .... so sad when this goes
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:11 am

Two more statements cut in the last few days.

TYP balances staring at me...mortgage check calling my name....

Must resist!

I've got more BB cards and Amazon credit than I know what to do with. At least the holidays are coming up soon.
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
My points showed up 24 hours after they usually would. Took a bit of patience, but they're there.

I'm past the halfway point of my 1-year .... so sad when this goes
Looks like I'm past halfway point too. Time to ramp it up towards the finish line :P
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Two more statements cut in the last few days.

TYP balances staring at me...mortgage check calling my name....

Must resist!

I've got more BB cards and Amazon credit than I know what to do with. At least the holidays are coming up soon.
I've managed to spend just fine, tyvm! You can literally buy ANYTHING on amazon so how are you not using it? Sure some things are a bit pricey so compare shop to ebay and other places first, but the UPS man is at our house almost daily still. Hope they get paid by the package!
Old Oct 17, 13, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4 View Post
I've managed to spend just fine, tyvm! You can literally buy ANYTHING on amazon so how are you not using it? Sure some things are a bit pricey so compare shop to ebay and other places first, but the UPS man is at our house almost daily still. Hope they get paid by the package!
Oh, trust me...it will get spent!
I'm just building up the GC balance right now. Amazon credit is as good as cash to me.
Old Oct 17, 13, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4 View Post
But if you can buy Amazon GC at a nice discount, then using TYP for Amazon is a loss from cash. I am still sitting on a boatload of Amazon GC bought last year with I believe an effective 17%+ discount from deal at grocery store. I think it was buy $100 GC get $10 grocery credit, plus I used 5% CC I had at the time, and I believe I got fuel perks or something for another couple %. They will probably have the same thing this holiday season.
Old Oct 20, 13, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Yikes?????

deleted -- I realized I sound too much like Chicken Little
Old Oct 23, 13, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
How long are you guys waiting for the GC orders to be processed?
Old Oct 23, 13, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Barry2013 View Post
I can confirm the gift card choices have seriously dwindled on my preferred card. No more HD, WM, BB Lowes. Not sure what else disappeared.
I have WM on my TYP.
Old Oct 23, 13, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon View Post
I ordered 5 walmart cards on 10/18, just got email that they were shipped.
Old Oct 23, 13, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 View Post
I ordered 5 walmart cards on 10/18, just got email that they were shipped.
That's the same day I ordered. Thanks for the response. I got a couple WM as well. I'm nearing the point where I"m going to ramp up my spending on this card so I can get a pile of them. I don't want to risk closure because I love my Forward card.
Old Oct 23, 13, 3:26 pm

If my dad has a TYP, is it advisable to transfer some points to him to make a flight booking? I wouldn't want that to set off any flags.
Old Oct 25, 13, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon View Post
Out of last 12 orders, four of them were shipped the same or next business day and the rest were shipped in 2-3 business days.
Old Oct 26, 13, 7:28 am

what's the best way to liquidate Walmart GC we get from TU points? I'm signed up as a bulk seller @ cardpool, card zen, raise and others .. getting no more than 92/100 even though I do $$$$/month
Old Oct 27, 13, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by apuraja View Post
what's the best way to liquidate Walmart GC we get from TU points? I'm signed up as a bulk seller @ cardpool, card zen, raise and others .. getting no more than 92/100 even though I do $$$$/month
Sent you some ideas via PM

Search this Thread
Search Engine: