Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by digital330
Another observation for today. One TY account hooked up to TY Premier card has BB/WM GC's available. Second TY account hooked to TY Preferred card now shows only a subset of GC's available.
Could you 'splain in English what you mean?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:06 pm

At a guess, poster has (at least) two TY accounts, one associated with a Premier card, one with a Thank You Preferred. The redemption offers are apparently different, with the Premier ones offering Walmart and BestBuy Gift Cards, the Preferred showing less (and presumably not Walmart/BestBuy)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by digital330
Another observation for today. One TY account hooked up to TY Premier card has BB/WM GC's available. Second TY account hooked to TY Preferred card now shows only a subset of GC's available.
Im a bit confuzzled too
but then, farwest and I are the same person according to some lol
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:38 pm

I can confirm the gift card choices have seriously dwindled on my preferred card. No more HD, WM, BB Lowes. Not sure what else disappeared.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Barry2013
I can confirm the gift card choices have seriously dwindled on my preferred card. No more HD, WM, BB Lowes. Not sure what else disappeared.
what do you mean?
what am I missing by this?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silver6054
At a guess, poster has (at least) two TY accounts, one associated with a Premier card, one with a Thank You Preferred. The redemption offers are apparently different, with the Premier ones offering Walmart and BestBuy Gift Cards, the Preferred showing less (and presumably not Walmart/BestBuy)
What the heck is that about? I did notice the missing redemption options on my preferred card. Why would there be "discrimination"? Is it some sort of glitch?

Their gift card choices were never great to start with (tiny PenFed always had many more -- sadly PenFed has been devaluing big time lately). If they took away a couple more, I'd actually have some trouble using my credits. I guess I could sell them through one of those resale sites, though.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what do you mean?
what am I missing by this?
I used to cash out my points by redeeming them for walmart gift cards. Walmart gift cards are now no longer an option on the TY website for me. Same with Best Buy, Home Depot, & Lowes gift cards are no longer an option. Maybe it's just a glitch, I don't know.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to cash out my points by redeeming them for walmart gift cards. Walmart gift cards are now no longer an option on the TY website for me. Same with Best Buy, Home Depot, & Lowes gift cards are no longer an option. Maybe it's just a glitch, I don't know.
ohhhh
ok got it
was totally upside down.

I just redeemed for BestBuy and HD myself... the other day.
So I guess this is a glitch or a very new thing. Those are huge for me.

(BB, btw, is the nic for bluebird lol)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
ohhhh
ok got it
was totally upside down.

I just redeemed for BestBuy and HD myself... the other day.
So I guess this is a glitch or a very new thing. Those are huge for me.

(BB, btw, is the nic for bluebird lol)
Lol, yeah I realized that while typing the 2nd post so I thought I better spell it out.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:41 pm

WMT GC is still available for me, I don't have premier but do have banking relationship with citi.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:27 pm

Interesting. Didn't know there was a difference. I have the Preferred but haven't used it in years since getting a 50K signup bonus. I grabbed the plain Jane Thank You card with 15K/5% for 12 months at the branch and have only looked at TY redemptions for those points.

Is it safe to redeem them for mortgage? Or is that still thought to be a dreaded "eyeball catcher"?

Farwest aka MM
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
They also eliminated some of the lodging certificate options, they were just there yesterday when I was considering redeeming for some Hyatt ones. Now Ritz Carlton is the only option.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:40 am

Checking this morning all of the gift cards that were missing yesterday are now there.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:56 am

Has anyone redeemed for a large ($1K+) mortgage payment recently?
I've been cashing out monthly with BestBuy cards, but am thinking I might try a few mortgage checks now that things have settled down a bit.

I'm wondering if calling in to request the check puts any additional eyes on your account. Does the TY center have access to all of your transactions, or do they just see your points total?

Last edited by Bean; Sep 19, 2013 at 7:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.