Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi ThankYou Preferred 5x Gas/Groceries/Drugstore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Has anyone seen the lodging certificates available lately? l looked about a week ago prior to my statement for the Hyatt ones, now they've been missing since then.
they come and go... if you call up they can usually take care of them
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by xlax
I believe that Hyatt is discontinuing these in a few days which might explain their absense. Since I've never really paid attention to this, I can't be sure so don't take my word for it.

xlax
From what I've heard Hyatt is discontinuing the stay certificates, the ones I'm looking for are the gift checks for set denominations. And there used to be Marriott ones as well, which are now AWOL

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
they come and go... if you call up they can usually take care of them
Thanks, I'll do that if I decide I really need them. I'm trying to rather avoid calling in about my account at all though.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Citi Thank You Points

Does anyone have any experience redeeming TYP for a donation to a charity? I can't find anything about it online, but I got a little booklet in the mail from Citi that mentions it. I don't particularly want to call up the TYP department to ask as they'll see what I've been up to... I've got over $10k that I'd like to donate.

EDIT: Looks like I found the PointWorthy thing that Citi participates in. Looks like I'm going to have to call them because I couldn't find them with the search function, but I'm interested in donating to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any other LDS folks on here that have tried to pay their tithing this way?

Last edited by ramalama8; Jan 5, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Does anyone have any experience redeeming TYP for a donation to a charity? I can't find anything about it online, but I got a little booklet in the mail from Citi that mentions it. I don't particularly want to call up the TYP department to ask as they'll see what I've been up to... I've got over $10k that I'd like to donate.

EDIT: Looks like I found the PointWorthy thing that Citi participates in. Looks like I'm going to have to call them because I couldn't find them with the search function, but I'm interested in donating to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any other LDS folks on here that have tried to pay their tithing this way?
No offense meant, but is a church actually considered a charity? I am not affiliated with any church, but would not consider that charity.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by skibum7732
No offense meant, but is a church actually considered a charity? I am not affiliated with any church, but would not consider that charity.
Most churches and religious groups are 501(c)(3) organisations
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
No offense taken -- ya, the government considers churches a charity. And in some cases, they very much are so -- the LDS church uses many of the funds donated toward humanitarian causes and are among the first on site after natural disasters.

But that's neither here nor there. I still need to call PointWorthy to ask about it -- haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone been able to successfully shift over part of a CL from a different Citi card to this one?

I seem to remember reports of people doing so, but Citi keeps telling me it's not possible.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
Here is my speculation.. ream this card as hard as you can and forget about when it ends! By the time it ends you shouldn't be too concerned about missing 8 days
Actually, it's less about missing a few days and more about when to switch to another card that still has a min spend to hit or a lesser bonus on GGD spend.

Since we're almost in Feb, seems like there should be some people who can actually confirm when the TY Pref card's 5x promotion ends.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
Actually, it's less about missing a few days and more about when to switch to another card that still has a min spend to hit or a lesser bonus on GGD spend.

Since we're almost in Feb, seems like there should be some people who can actually confirm when the TY Pref card's 5x promotion ends.
I can tell you I will be a busy beaver until the end of the 12th statement. That cuts on the 4th of February. If I don't 5x for the full statement period, then you will hear from me. If I do, then I might not remember to say anything because I won't have anything to complain about
Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
I can tell you I will be a busy beaver until the end of the 12th statement. That cuts on the 4th of February. If I don't 5x for the full statement period, then you will hear from me. If I do, then I might not remember to say anything because I won't have anything to complain about
Please report back! Would be immensely helpful! Much appreciation to ya.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:27 pm

I received the 5x bonus for all my purchases during the 12th statement. I made purchases until 2-3 days before the statement closed. I went through the 12th statement and in the account message, it said "Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your your bonus Thank You points!" I took that to mean my 5x bonus period was over. I was very sad.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte
I received the 5x bonus for all my purchases during the 12th statement. I made purchases until 2-3 days before the statement closed. I went through the 12th statement and in the account message, it said "Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your your bonus Thank You points!" I took that to mean my 5x bonus period was over. I was very sad.
Perfect. Helps a lot -- thank you!

And yes, it will be a sad sad day when my 12 months is up...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:08 am

Will do but it looks like dogbyte might have the definitive answer already.

12 months was nice and long, though. Can't complain
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:53 pm

Isn't the end of the 12th statement still less than a year though? Since the first statement is <30 days?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Are Stater bros, Vons, Albertson considered 5x bonus at groceries stores for Citi ThankYou Preferred?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.