Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ongoing offers for Hilton cards issued by Amex or Citi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vah4883
Limited-time offers
Hilton HHonors American Express card. 80,000 points for spending $2,000 in 3 months; no annual fee. Ends May 31, 2017
Hilton HHonors American Express Ascend card. 100,000 points for spending $3,000 ; $95 annual fee.
Hilton HHonors American Express card application page. 75,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months; no annual fee.
Public offer expired Feb 1, 2017 (this link brings up a page: "This campaign has expired. Thank you for your interest."), but Refer a Friend links still active. This one has the referral ID stripped out.

Citi HH Visa 40K application page (spend $1K/4 mos.)
  • This offer does not contain an explicit 24-month restriction.
    If you apply using this link & are not instantly approved, DO NOT CALL CITI.
    Calling in risks alerting Citi to the offer and having it withdrawn.

Ongoing offers
Amex HH Surpass Card
  • Annual fee: $75, no first-year waiver.
  • Signup bonus: 75K points for spending $3K in the first 3 months.
  • Earning: 12 HHonors points per dollar on Hilton spend; 6 points/$ at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets & gas stations; and 3 points/$ on everything else.
  • Elite status: Hilton Gold status for as long as you have the card and Diamond status after $40,000 in annual spend.
  • Booking bonus: 500 bonus points for every stay (including award stays) booked directly with Hilton & guaranteed with the card
  • Important limitation on this offer: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product."

FlyerTalk discussion thread: The Hilton HHonors® Surpass(SM) Card from American Express
Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
  • Annual fee: $95, no first-year waiver.
  • Signup bonus: 2 free weekend nights after $2500 in spend within four months. These free nights are valid at all Hilton redemption categories, including Waldorf Astoria properties.
  • Anniversary bonus: 1 free weekend night each year after $10,000 in spend.
  • Earning: 10 HHonors points per dollar on Hilton spend, 5 points per dollar on air and car rental, and 3 on everything else.
  • Elite status: Hilton Gold status for as long as you have the card and Diamond status after $40,000 in annual spend.
  • No foreign currency transaction fees.
  • Important limitation on this offer: "Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months.."

Flyertalk discussion thread: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
Citi HH Visa 60K application page. You can also apply by calling 1-866-615-2274.
  • No annual fee.
  • Signup bonus: 60K points for spending $1K in the first 4 months
  • Earning: 6 HHonors points per dollar on Hilton spend; 3 points/$ at U.S. supermarkets, drugstores & gas stations; and 2 points/$ on everything else.
  • Elite status: Hilton Silver status for as long as you have the card.
  • Fast track To Gold status: After four qualifying stays within your first 91 days of cardmembership, receive Gold status through the end of the following calendar year.
  • Important limitation on this offer: "Hilton HHonors Bonus Points offer not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months."

Flyertalk discussion thread: Citi Hilton HHonors VISA [60k-75k, read Wiki to choose]
Basic Amex HH Card
Offer for 50K points (spend $750/3mos.) + $50 credit for first purchase: Make a dummy reservation on Hilton site. Offer will appear on page before final booking. (Cannot be linked to directly.)
Offer for 50K points (spend $750/3mos.)
  • No annual fee.
  • Earning: 7 HHonors points per dollar on Hilton spend; 5 points/$ at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets & gas stations; and 3 on everything else.
  • Elite status: Hilton Silver status for as long as you have the card and Gold status after $20,000 in annual spend.
  • Booking bonus: 500 bonus points for every stay (including award stays) booked directly with Hilton & guaranteed with the card
FAQ
1. Are these cards churnable?
As of May 1, 2014, Amex will not give a signup bonus to card applicants who have held the card in the past ~7 years, even if the applicant has never earned a previous signup bonus for it. However, it is still possible to upgrade an existing Hilton Amex to the Surpass card to earn a bonus (and reportedly to do this more than once by later downgrading & then upgrading again). The best strategy is to earn a Surpass signup bonus first, and only afterward pursue the upgrade bonus(es).

In August 2016, Citi began inserting language into applications and landing pages requiring a 24-month wait from the date of the opening or closure of any Citi Hilton card. Previously, the Citi Hilton Signature Visa and Reserve cards were on separate clocks for each applicant. Now there is a single 24-month clock reset by open/close of either type of card. For more info, see the wiki at Citi Hilton HHonors VISA [60k-75k, read Wiki to choose].

2. I have met the spending. When will my bonus post?
For Amex cards, the bonus will post a few days after meeting the spend. The points from the actual spend will post after statement is generated. For Citi products, bonus points post only at statement close.

3. What happened to the Amex drugstore category spending bonus?
Changes to Hilton Amex cards as of May 2013 are explained here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...at-we-thought/

4. What is the link to upgrade from no fee card to Surpass card for 50,000 after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months?
This link redirects to this landing page. Application page.
You need to be logged into your Amex account first, then click on the link above, then click Upgrade. (This does not work for all people. It is suspected that only people that have had the no-fee card for at least one year are able to upgrade to the Surpass card.) There is generally no hard pull on your credit report for upgrading.

5. Does having one of these Hilton cards preclude me from successfully earning the signup bonus on a different one?
No. All four cards are separate products. Having (or having previously had) one of them has no effect on your bonus eligibility for the others--but note, as discussed in FAQ #1, that opening or closing any Citi Hilton card will affect your eligibility for any new Citi Hilton card bonus.

Print Wikipost

Ongoing offers for Hilton cards issued by Amex or Citi

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by SanFranMcG
Hi All,

I've seen people saying their restaurant charges have been valid for Citi's statement credits when charged to a hotel room, but I have a question remaining...

Can the Reserve card's $100 statement credit be applied to restaurant charges if I'm not staying at the hotel? Specifically, I'm thinking of dining at the Pompadour at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, but don't know if there is any way to have it show up as a Hilton charge to get the credit...

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance!
charge to your room and all will post as one amount at checkout, no problems
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: HHonors
Exclamation

FYI - The link for "50k The Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express (no annual fee)" has now expired.

I don't think the offer is entirely gone as I received a identical offer in email this week.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by BudgetFlyer00
FYI - The link for "50k The Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express (no annual fee)" has now expired.

I don't think the offer is entirely gone as I received a identical offer in email this week.

The link for the 50K /$50 Hilton credit is still working as is the new 60K offer
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
The link for the 50K /$50 Hilton credit is still working as is the new 60K offer
I was referring to this link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...rd/71-1000-142

It doesn't work for me. I tried to see if it's due to my browser settings but unfortunately, I still see "offer expired" page.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BudgetFlyer00
I was referring to this link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...rd/71-1000-142

It doesn't work for me. I tried to see if it's due to my browser settings but unfortunately, I still see "offer expired" page.
I looked through my archive and last time Amex sent an offer, it was for the 75k Surpass. There was no offer for the no annual fee card, sorry. Maybe they are getting ready to match the 60k Citi offer?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is the Amex Hilton (no annual fee) "ugprade" without credit pull to a Surpass with bonus still available these days?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Is the Amex Hilton (no annual fee) "ugprade" without credit pull to a Surpass with bonus still available these days?
See if you have a link for it on your AMEX webpage. It used to be there for me, but now I have the Surpass so I can't check.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by Brugge
See if you have a link for it on your AMEX webpage. It used to be there for me, but now I have the Surpass so I can't check.
FWIW, the link still appears for me even though I already upgraded.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: All of em...
I have both the normal Amex Hilton card and an Amex Hilton Surpass card open. The upgrade link from Hilton card to Surpass card still shows up correctly for me and confirms that I would like to upgrade my normal card to a Surpass.

My question though, is - żHas anyone upgraded a personal card to a Surpass, while already having a Surpass open, and received the 50k bonus?

Probably worth the risk of trying since there's no hard pull, but I'd appreciate thoughts/data points!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Brugge
Asking because no upgrade links showing past 6 months on all 4 accounts unfortunately.. but looks like I can take a generic one and login
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
I looked through my archive and last time Amex sent an offer, it was for the 75k Surpass. There was no offer for the no annual fee card, sorry. Maybe they are getting ready to match the 60k Citi offer?
Possibly. I did get an email offer for the no fee Amex card (50k points if I spend 750$ in 3 months). I applied and received one immediately.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by frudd38
FROM THE WIKI

4. What is the link to upgrade from no fee card to Surpass card for 50,000 after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months?
http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass
(thanks stupidzbu!)
You need to be logged into your Amex account first, then click on the link above, then click Upgrade.
This does not work for all people. It is suspected that only people that have had the no-fee card for at least one year are able to upgrade to the Surpass card.
There is generally no hard pull on your credit report for upgrading.

Upgraded on June 10, 2013 using the following link:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...dit-card/36205

Confirmed that NO HARD PULL appears on my credit report (Experian).

This link for the 40,000 HH points 1st purchase + 20,000 points after $3K will also work for the 50,000 HH upgrade IF you are FIRST LOGGED INTO your Amex account.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...honors-surpass
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
FROM THE WIKI

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass
(thanks stupidzbu!)
You need to be logged into your Amex account first, then click on the link above, then click Upgrade.
This does not work for all people. It is suspected that only people that have had the no-fee card for at least one year are able to upgrade to the Surpass card.
There is generally no hard pull on your credit report for upgrading.

Upgraded on June 10, 2013 using the following link:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...dit-card/36205

Confirmed that NO HARD PULL appears on my credit report (Experian).

This link for the 40,000 HH points 1st purchase + 20,000 points after $3K will also work for the 50,000 HH upgrade IF you are FIRST LOGGED INTO your Amex account.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...honors-surpass
all 3 of the links get me Not Found

The requested URL /c...honors-surpass was not found on this server.

50-60k hilton points for a 3k spend -very hi price to pay!--if I did I would only do first purchase and collect the 40k
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007
all 3 of the links get me Not Found

The requested URL /c...honors-surpass was not found on this server.

50-60k hilton points for a 3k spend -very hi price to pay!--if I did I would only do first purchase and collect the 40k
I have the link, I checked it and it just says $3k spending in 3 months = 50,000 miles, but not an option for just the first purchase. For me it would be worth it to keep gold status for next year - but for the points, ehhh, probably not worth it unless I have no other options - but my general spend would get it.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
Originally Posted by Scotttyd
I have the link, I checked it and it just says $3k spending in 3 months = 50,000 miles, but not an option for just the first purchase. For me it would be worth it to keep gold status for next year - but for the points, ehhh, probably not worth it unless I have no other options - but my general spend would get it.
Anyone here ever heard of MS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.