Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi card credit line reallocation / reduction [Consolidated]

Citi card credit line reallocation / reduction [Consolidated]

Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:10 am

Has anyone been able to get a CL reallocation without a hard pull (CR frozen)

As above, I can't seem to get a CL reallocation without a hard pull. Tried it 3 times over the phone, and even escalated all the way up. My CR is frozen, so they won't reallocate my credit.

I swear this was not the case before. Is anyone seeing this crap?

Has anyone been able to reallocate CL without a hard pull in recent months? Is there another way to do it (I've been calling in)?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:39 pm

Move If Needed - HHonors-->ThankYou Premier CL Reallocation Possible?

Worthless offshore ThankYou Premier customer service line simply said it's not possible "due to regulations" (despite the fact that I have done a CL realloc. with Amex about 15 mins prior and had done CL reallocs with Citi previously)

Slightly more helpful HHonors customer service line (Phoenix) said that "we don't do that" even after escalating to confirm.

Asking here if anyone has successfully done an internal credit line reallocation between Hilton and ThankYou products, and if there's a special number I may call.

Only asking because this community has really pulled through for me across my tenure churning miles with a special number, special link, etc.

And if not, no sweat, but worth a shot.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any recent success reallocating when downgrading/product changing a card? Thinking of changing to the Costco card but moving some of this line to another AA card..
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Question about credit reallocation

I currently have a Citi AA MC with a $15,000 limit. I recently added the Citi Executive card and they gave me a $5,000 limit. I'd like to move $10k of credit from the regular AA card to the Executive card...but customer service said they need to do a hard pull to approve that. Is that correct? I've had Chase move credit before and they never did a hard pull.

Just wondering if the agent was wrong and I should HUCA or just leave it.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
@chicago747 I just tried to transfer credit from Prestige to AT&T card and they told me the same thing.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:25 pm

Closed the Prestige card a few weeks ago and requested that my CL be moved to my AA Plat. They said they couldnt move it to the Plat but could move it to the AA Gold I have which I thought was very odd.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:54 pm

Only able to reallocate partial credit limit

Just made a retention bonus call for the AA Gold card. The offers were not enticing enough to stay with them, given I have a AA Plat as well. When asked about moving the credit limit (reallocate) from the AA Gold (with no balance) to AA Plat, I was told that she could only move part of it (1k of 5k). Is this normal or acceptable? I had done this with Chase previously, and was able to reallocate the the entire credit limit over to a different card.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2017, 8:46 am

I was offered a no hard pull option: the CSR could check to see if I was eligible for a credit line increase, and I was- but only $3K and I have over $40K of CL on cards I don't use.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:29 pm

Citi Credit Line Reallocation - ...

Mod note: feel free to fold into another thread if this has already been broached

Did Citi end the ability to perform credit line reallocations? Or am I dealing with the idiot department? Is there a magic 800 number that goes above the imbeciles I've been dealing with?

Background:
After opening every Citi card on earth for the bounces (multiple HH, every network of the old AA cards, 4 of the Exec cards during the 2014 spree, etc), I was able to close down everything I wasn't using and had ended up with an AA Plat Select MC with ~$16k and a ThankYou Premier with ~$14k, via CL Reallocations performed ~2014/2015.

Fast forward to September 2018. My business is showing serious potential to earn TY points if I had a larger credit line on the card. Wanted to take ANY of the $16k from the AA card onto the TY card--I was told by multiple people that "we can't do that anymore". I escalated to manager, I HUACA'd, etc.

So I applied for a *new* TYPremier card (and was approved). Tried to have the old line merged into the new one. Again, told to shove off by Citi. They took a hard credit pull, and were unable to approve it. I'm at a loss.

Anyone been able to do this successfully? I just want to be able to use the credit I have how I want! This bank has really become unattractive.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Are you trying to commingle personal and biz credit lines?

You may have some negative mark in their system from having had many prior cards, that are now closed.

Fixing that issue is hard.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Are you trying to commingle personal and biz credit lines?

You may have some negative mark in their system from having had many prior cards, that are now closed.

Fixing that issue is hard.
No--this is entirely personal card products.

If I had "some negative mark", don't you think that would compel them to decline a new account? It is so petty to me that they will not allow the merging of existing lines so I can use them
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well, this thread is discouraging. Who would have guessed. Got a mailer for AA Platinum with no 24 month language. Applied and approved (surprised given Ive had some high monthly balances (paid each month) so my utilization ratio wasnt as pristine as normal). The kicker is they only approved CL of $1500. I have a huge line on CitiExecutive card , I thought it would be easy.

Maybe call the applications desk? (Just approved last week).

not a huge deal since after initial spend of $3k, card gets sock-drawered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.