Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends in December 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html

ALL known links for ALL Citi Hilton Honors cards appear to be dead now.
-----------------------------

This thread is a continuation of: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Link no longer working: https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W

Link no longer working: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card

- Earn two weekend night certificates - at select hotels and resorts - after making $2,500 in purchases.

- Enjoy Hilton HHonors Gold Status as long as you are a Citi Hilton Reserve cardmember

- Annual Fee: $95,
not waived

From the app page:
"Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any Citi®Hilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"."Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months." (Language change to "any" dates back to August 2016.)

When will I receive my free nights?
Some datapoints indicate that the certificates are emailed ~7 days after the statement in which the spend is met, but others datapoints indicate that it may take 1-2 additional statement cycles before they're actually sent.

How long do I have to use the free nights?
The certificates expire 12 months from the date that they're emailed to you. Your stay must be completed on or before this expiration date.

Do I need to print the certificates and take them with me?
Yes. Some people say they haven't been asked for them, but it's much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Can the free weekend certs be redeemed online?
No, you have to call the HHonors department to book them. Even regular Hilton reservations cannot book them, although they can transfer you to the right department.

so the 2-browser trick is dead. can we still apply two HH Reserve card every 65 days, with same HH #, and get four certificates?
Several people have reported successfully churning this card, and receiving the certificates for both cards. Closing one card before applying for another doesn't appear to be required.

You can still get as many as you want of the Citi Hilton 50k cards (except that CITI only allows two cards of any type every 60-65 days).all 50k card offers without 18 month language dead as of 7/5/15

Can you get the anniversary free night bonus without paying the annual fee, or do you get the free night bonus only if you hit $10,000 in charges AND renew?
This seems to be YMMV. Some people have reported not getting it until well after their AF payment is due, while others have reported getting it in time to cancel and have their AF refunded. More data points on this are needed.

Terms and conditions for the free nights
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, and I don't think there are any blackout nights (beyond the normal HHonors program rules). Here is the description from the Cert as well as the T&C's:

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As with any HHonors Reward, this Reward Certificate is subject to all HHonors Terms & Conditions on participation, use, and redemption, posted at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do. The hotel stay received with this Hotel Reward Certificate shall be treated as a Hotel Reward Stay, as defined in the Terms & Conditions, except Points & Money, Premium Room and Room Upgrade Rewards cannot be used with this Certificate.

HOTEL REWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reward Certificate is not transferable after issued and may be redeemed only by the individual named thereon, consistent with HHonors Terms & Conditions. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward Certificate attempts to redeem it, the Certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be denied.
2. Reward Certificate may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased except with the express written consent of Hilton HHonors. Any Reward Certificate obtained in this manner by any person or entity will be considered to be fraudulently obtained and will be deemed void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Altered Reward Certificates are void and will not be honored.
3. Reward Certificate may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers, or Hotel Reward stays beyond Standard Room Rewards, unless otherwise specified in writing by Hilton HHonors.
4. Reward Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Reward Certificate is not exchangeable.
5. Reward Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Reward Certificate is void if copied, prohibited or restricted by law.
7. HHonors members will not earn points or miles for Hotel Reward stays, unless otherwise stated on the Reward Certificate.
8. Reward Certificate expires on the date noted on the face of the Reward Certificate.
9. Reward Certificate must be redeemed in strict accordance with the procedures specified on the certificate.
10. For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
11. Reward Certificate applies to the room rate and tax of one standard room at a participating hotel and as further provided on the Certificate. A "Standard room" is as defined by the hotel. Any tax liability incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of this Certificate, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user.
12. Reward Certificate usage is limited to Double Occupancy. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.
13. Reward Certificate reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Certificate reservations. Reward Certificate reservations that are cancelled outside of the time frame set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's minimum rate for that date.
14. Reward Certificate is valid for the number of nights noted under the description on the face of the Certificate. If the Certificate is valid for more than one night, all nights must be used and the Certificate redeemed for a single stay that includes up to all Certificate nights. The Certificate cannot be broken down and/or redeemed for more than one stay. Any unused nights will be forfeited and will not be replaced or credited.
15. No credit or substitutions will be given for any Reward Certificate including those that are only partially used.
16. Promotional Rewards are for Standard Rooms only.
17. Hotel stays resulting from Reward Certificate are non-commissionable to travel agents.
18. Recipients of Reward Certificate may be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tropicalmn
After closing the Citi HH Reserve card HH Gold status has remained.Based on past experience canceling card anytime during 2016 will likely still maintain HH Gold status through March 2018.
It may be that cancelling your card anytime in 2016 around or after your card anniversary date that gets you to 2018.

Unfortunately, Hilton no longer shows your tier expiration date online, but I know as recently as last month when it did show, my status was set to expire in March 2017. My Reserve card anniversary date is in July, so I'm thinking that perhaps once a year around your anniversary date, Citi transmits the renewal information to Hilton?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:31 pm

What does this mean in English?

"A Certificate is valid for one stay, defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in."
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by toolate
What does this mean in English?

"A Certificate is valid for one stay, defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in."
My guess is that this is intended to prevent multi-night certificates to be split up into different stays.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:04 am

Ten weeks since reaching spend and still no weekend certificates. If you plan to sign up for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card, don't count on getting the weekend certs for a very long time.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:21 am

Hi Everyone! A data post for anyone who might be interested: I canceled my first card immediately after approval of my second card (didn't even wait for the second card to arrive) and received the two free night certificates!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Opie100
Ten weeks since reaching spend and still no weekend certificates. If you plan to sign up for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card, don't count on getting the weekend certs for a very long time.
I'm starting to wonder about your case. Were you eligible for the bonus? Did you actually hit min spend?

I find it hard to believe that I got my certs 4 days after hitting min spend and you're 10 weeks and counting. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I'm starting to wonder about your case. Were you eligible for the bonus? Did you actually hit min spend?

I find it hard to believe that I got my certs 4 days after hitting min spend and you're 10 weeks and counting. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Yep -- every time I call in I'm told that I qualified but that they won't look into it until 8 weeks after statement closed. They said they'd get back to me next week sometime.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:04 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by TMM1982

Spam filters?
Old May 1, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Spam filters?
Nothing. I called Hilton too and they haven't received them either.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:04 am

Yes, clearly something has gotten stuck in your case. It seems like it should be an entirely automated process, however, I don't think that is the case. The first set of two nights for my wife's first card were credited to my account about 10 days after she completed the spend. All of the points and the free nights since then have gone to her account, but the first two nights went to mine. That is not something that automated processes do, so I think there is more involvement of people than you would expect. Maybe your nights have been credited to someone else and they can't figure out how to fix it.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:14 pm

Peeved off with citi / hilton honors. I signed up with the Hilton Honors card this past January for the 2 weekend nights free. I called to find out when I would be receiving them today because I spent more than enough to qualify. When I called in I was told that I was never enrolled in that program and that I needed to spend $10,000 to get 1 free night. Part of the reason I signed up for the card was that I would get the 2 weekend nights free and its what I was told when I signed up.

This account is also my oldest account as well. Since 1999, with CITI. Really pissed off.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:57 pm

Ummm, what? This is your oldest account, since 1999, but you just signed up for it in January? Maybe I am slow, but I, for one, need some clarification. Did you convert another kind of card that you have had since 1999 to a Hilton Reserve card?
Old May 1, 2016, 5:42 pm

With Hiltons current double Miles promotion will Gold status members get 20 miles?
Old May 1, 2016, 5:55 pm

Does my status change to gold after i activate the card?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Hi Everyone! A data post for anyone who might be interested: I canceled my first card immediately after approval of my second card (didn't even wait for the second card to arrive) and received the two free night certificates!
Thank you for the datapoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.