Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends in December 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html

ALL known links for ALL Citi Hilton Honors cards appear to be dead now.
-----------------------------

This thread is a continuation of: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Link no longer working: https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W

Link no longer working: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card

- Earn two weekend night certificates - at select hotels and resorts - after making $2,500 in purchases.

- Enjoy Hilton HHonors Gold Status as long as you are a Citi Hilton Reserve cardmember

- Annual Fee: $95,
not waived

From the app page:
"Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any CitiHilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"."Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months." (Language change to "any" dates back to August 2016.)

When will I receive my free nights?
Some datapoints indicate that the certificates are emailed ~7 days after the statement in which the spend is met, but others datapoints indicate that it may take 1-2 additional statement cycles before they're actually sent.

How long do I have to use the free nights?
The certificates expire 12 months from the date that they're emailed to you. Your stay must be completed on or before this expiration date.

Do I need to print the certificates and take them with me?
Yes. Some people say they haven't been asked for them, but it's much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Can the free weekend certs be redeemed online?
No, you have to call the HHonors department to book them. Even regular Hilton reservations cannot book them, although they can transfer you to the right department.

so the 2-browser trick is dead. can we still apply two HH Reserve card every 65 days, with same HH #, and get four certificates?
Several people have reported successfully churning this card, and receiving the certificates for both cards. Closing one card before applying for another doesn't appear to be required.

You can still get as many as you want of the Citi Hilton 50k cards (except that CITI only allows two cards of any type every 60-65 days).all 50k card offers without 18 month language dead as of 7/5/15

Can you get the anniversary free night bonus without paying the annual fee, or do you get the free night bonus only if you hit $10,000 in charges AND renew?
This seems to be YMMV. Some people have reported not getting it until well after their AF payment is due, while others have reported getting it in time to cancel and have their AF refunded. More data points on this are needed.

Terms and conditions for the free nights
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, and I don't think there are any blackout nights (beyond the normal HHonors program rules). Here is the description from the Cert as well as the T&C's:

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As with any HHonors Reward, this Reward Certificate is subject to all HHonors Terms & Conditions on participation, use, and redemption, posted at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do. The hotel stay received with this Hotel Reward Certificate shall be treated as a Hotel Reward Stay, as defined in the Terms & Conditions, except Points & Money, Premium Room and Room Upgrade Rewards cannot be used with this Certificate.

HOTEL REWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reward Certificate is not transferable after issued and may be redeemed only by the individual named thereon, consistent with HHonors Terms & Conditions. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward Certificate attempts to redeem it, the Certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be denied.
2. Reward Certificate may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased except with the express written consent of Hilton HHonors. Any Reward Certificate obtained in this manner by any person or entity will be considered to be fraudulently obtained and will be deemed void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Altered Reward Certificates are void and will not be honored.
3. Reward Certificate may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers, or Hotel Reward stays beyond Standard Room Rewards, unless otherwise specified in writing by Hilton HHonors.
4. Reward Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Reward Certificate is not exchangeable.
5. Reward Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Reward Certificate is void if copied, prohibited or restricted by law.
7. HHonors members will not earn points or miles for Hotel Reward stays, unless otherwise stated on the Reward Certificate.
8. Reward Certificate expires on the date noted on the face of the Reward Certificate.
9. Reward Certificate must be redeemed in strict accordance with the procedures specified on the certificate.
10. For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
11. Reward Certificate applies to the room rate and tax of one standard room at a participating hotel and as further provided on the Certificate. A "Standard room" is as defined by the hotel. Any tax liability incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of this Certificate, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user.
12. Reward Certificate usage is limited to Double Occupancy. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.
13. Reward Certificate reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Certificate reservations. Reward Certificate reservations that are cancelled outside of the time frame set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's minimum rate for that date.
14. Reward Certificate is valid for the number of nights noted under the description on the face of the Certificate. If the Certificate is valid for more than one night, all nights must be used and the Certificate redeemed for a single stay that includes up to all Certificate nights. The Certificate cannot be broken down and/or redeemed for more than one stay. Any unused nights will be forfeited and will not be replaced or credited.
15. No credit or substitutions will be given for any Reward Certificate including those that are only partially used.
16. Promotional Rewards are for Standard Rooms only.
17. Hotel stays resulting from Reward Certificate are non-commissionable to travel agents.
18. Recipients of Reward Certificate may be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know if the free nights can be used using "DIA Standard Rm Rwd" availability?
Attached Images  
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Does anyone know if the free nights can be used using "DIA Standard Rm Rwd" availability?
If the certificate is in the name of the Diamond member, yes.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:43 pm

Does anyone known when did Citi change the terms of the offer?

Current terms says "Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any CitiHilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"

Old terms from the Wiki "Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months."

I have an Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card and was trying to apply the Reserve version and found I wouldn't be qualified for the offer.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by milaohu
Does anyone known when did Citi change the terms of the offer?

Current terms says "Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any CitiHilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"

Old terms from the Wiki "Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months."

I have an Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card and was trying to apply the Reserve version and found I wouldn't be qualified for the offer.
If you apply right now you should be ok. Rumor has it come 8/28 the new rules kick in
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Mailing Method for physical card?

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I applied on Sunday ... Card was overnight to me yesterday and delivered this morning!
This comment was dated 8/17.

Has anyone else received the physical card (HH Reserve only) in the lat week? If so, how was it sent, regular mail or overnight? Would appreciate anybody's recent experience with the mailing method.

Background:

I was approved 8/16 (ap was from making a reservation online so it includes the $100 credit for a Hilton charge), received the "Account approval notice" via overnight express 8/19. But I still haven't received the physical card. Called 3 times and each time I was told there were no notes in the file indicating that the card had been mailed but they were certain I should receive it within 7 days.

My problem is I leave for a long trip on Tuesday. If they send it overnight, I need to alert my housesitter to watch for it. Plus I was hoping to use the card for my Hilton stay to get the $100 statement credit.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:39 pm

My approval shows 7-10 business days, with that said you have 8 business days that have passed since approval. You should receive it by Tuesday at the latest. I was approved on 8/21 and also applied for the IHG card the same day. I received my IHG card two days ago, still no Reserve card. Citi is a bit slow on this particular card.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I have Citi HH Visa signature from last year's 75K deal. If I close that card now, clock will reset to 2 Yrs from now.
If I keep it open, can I apply and get 2 free nights with HH reserve card after 24 months (i.e. next year) of receiving that 75K points in visa signature? i.e. Can you get signup bonus if different card from same category is still open where sign-up bonus on that card was awarded more than 24 months back?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:38 pm

Yes, you can have multiples of the same card or the same card family open at the same time.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
This comment was dated 8/17.

Has anyone else received the physical card (HH Reserve only) in the lat week? If so, how was it sent, regular mail or overnight? Would appreciate anybody's recent experience with the mailing method.

Background:

I was approved 8/16 (ap was from making a reservation online so it includes the $100 credit for a Hilton charge), received the "Account approval notice" via overnight express 8/19. But I still haven't received the physical card. Called 3 times and each time I was told there were no notes in the file indicating that the card had been mailed but they were certain I should receive it within 7 days.

My problem is I leave for a long trip on Tuesday. If they send it overnight, I need to alert my housesitter to watch for it. Plus I was hoping to use the card for my Hilton stay to get the $100 statement credit.
Just an update: Called today and was told the card was put in regular mail on Friday, 8/26 which is 8 business days after approval.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:44 pm

FYI- approved 8/21 as discussed prior and received mine today via regular mail.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Take a look at your "offers" in the Citi online account section. I received an offer for 3 extra points per dollar spent (above and beyond what we already earn) through 10/31.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:24 am

Does anyone know if the statement credit will post for the cash portion of a points and cash reward? On a slightly related note, do points and cash bookings get charged at the time of reservation or at check-in? I apparently just got my card but will be out of the country until after I want to use it. Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:47 am
eh9

Does the welcome letter mention the 2 free weekend nights or only the 10k spend anniversary and 40k diamond status spend? Also does the 2 free weekend nights show up on the bonus tracker or just the other two spend bonuses? Just checking because mine didn't mention it
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:48 am

Free Nights

Just for a data point. My wife received this card about 2 months ago. We did not meet the spend in the first cycle. When the bill came for the second cycle we had met the spend. That day I called and was able to reserve 2 weekend nights at the Hilton on Moorea. I did not receive an email about the nights nor did I see anything on the statement but then again, I did not wait very long after receiving the bill.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by flightmedic
Just for a data point. My wife received this card about 2 months ago. We did not meet the spend in the first cycle. When the bill came for the second cycle we had met the spend. That day I called and was able to reserve 2 weekend nights at the Hilton on Moorea. I did not receive an email about the nights nor did I see anything on the statement but then again, I did not wait very long after receiving the bill.
Did you receive the certificates? otherwise how were you able to reserve two weekend nights? My first statement just closed yesterday and I have met the spending, now I am waiting for the certificate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.