Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mltno
can anyone that has used amazon payments with this card let me know if it is marked as a cash advance, and if you make a payment is this something you can check quickly online how it was marked ? kind of worries me cause lets say i make a payment to someone for $700 and cash advance fee is 20% does that mean i pay a $140 fee everyday i dont pay that back?!? ouch...
For me, it was marked as a standard purchase, not cash advance. You have to select "Goods/Services" on AP.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by michael_v
I applied using the link in posts 347/385 (the one with double points on travel for the first 12 months) and got approved online for both the Visa and Mastercard this morning using the two browser trick.
Good to know!! I'll have to go for the Visa later this year if it's still around.

Originally Posted by tassojunior
FWIW my experience with Citi is they won't move credit lines easily so I phone in and lower my credit lines on other cards a few days before I apply for new ones.
They moved lines from my AA Amex to TYP Premier card pretty painlessly.

Originally Posted by mltno
can anyone that has used amazon payments with this card let me know if it is marked as a cash advance, and if you make a payment is this something you can check quickly online how it was marked ? kind of worries me cause lets say i make a payment to someone for $700 and cash advance fee is 20% does that mean i pay a $140 fee everyday i dont pay that back?!? ouch...
I am not expecting to pay any fees for AMZN Pmts. Never have
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Happy
Your issue is you do not have sufficient payment history. Those installment loan information largely is being viewed for prompt payments so to demonstrate the applicant being financially responsible.

If you dont have a boat load of cards on your profile, you can certainly write a letter to Citi's Executive Office for reconsideration.
I've had a Citi credit card for 4 years and have used it every single month + paid it off every month on time. In fact, it's a TYP card and is the main reason why I want this card, so that I can have a better card on which to earn/redeem my TYPs.

How much is a boatload? In the past year, I've gotten 5 new cards (6 if you count the Chase card I got during the same app day as the Citi cards). I have $5000 on one Citi card (the 4-year old one) and $12000 on another Citi card (9 months old).

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
They moved lines from my AA Amex to TYP Premier card pretty painlessly
Did you close the AA Amex or just shift credit lines?

In any case, I'll call Citi either tonight or tomorrow. My AA Visa statement closes today and I want to see those miles post before I possibly have to close it in favor of this card (had a 3.2 mile/$ promo and waiting on 10K miles to post).

Last edited by amolkold; Apr 10, 2012 at 9:18 pm
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:57 pm
Suspended

i received the card welcome package and says annual fee $125 and doesn't say anything about first year free.

anyone saw the same?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Your issue is you do not have sufficient payment history. Those installment loan information largely is being viewed for prompt payments so to demonstrate the applicant being financially responsible.

If you dont have a boat load of cards on your profile, you can certainly write a letter to Citi's Executive Office for reconsideration.
Thanks, tried calling but Citi rep was unhelpful. Wrote a letter, we'll see what happens now.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:24 pm

Instant Approved for Master and Visa

I applied for the TY VISA using the link from post 290 and applied for the TY Mastercard using the link from post 348. I was instantly approved for both cards.

TY Visa had $11700 Credit limit and shows a 769 credit score from Equifax.
TY Mastercard had $6000 credit limit and shows a 763 credit score from Equifax.

I clicked on the TY Visa first. So the inquiry cost me 6 points.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windcloud5
I applied for the TY VISA using the link from post 290 and applied for the TY Mastercard using the link from post 348. I was instantly approved for both cards.

Citi gave you your FICO on the applications? Or this is what you got from checking your monitoring service?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt

Great data point. Thanks for posting. Have others had trouble getting approved for both the Visa and Mastercard?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Smile Visa and MC approval

Originally Posted by rionio77
Great data point. Thanks for posting. Have others had trouble getting approved for both the Visa and Mastercard?
I accidently applied in mid-2011 for two Mastercards. This weekend, I applied for the Visa and was approved after calling in per the request in step 5 of the app status. The underwriter confirmed the bonus.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Citi gave you your FICO on the applications? Or this is what you got from checking your monitoring service?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17895249-post9.html
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:36 pm

Just finished my $2500 spend on the MC and redeemed for $500 in gift cards

Applied for the Visa today and they asked me to call in for some reason for approval. Approved and made sure I was getting the same $2500 spend and first year annual fee waived................All set for another easy 50,000 points
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:35 pm

Happy, Citi gave the FICO score on both App. The FICO appears when you click continue after the screen says you are approved. Scroll down and you will see your FICO score along with the T&C. Since I have two different scores, I can safely assume Citi pulled my score twice. They never used to give the score out but they do now.

Last edited by windcloud5; Apr 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info.

How come we did not get such additional sheet on our recent approval of the AA cards? All we got was email Congrats and not even mentioned about which bureau it used though we know it would be EX.

Also just got 2 approval letters from Chase on the UA MP Explorer - there is mentioning about EQ being used, but NO score.

Is this a unique thing Citi does on its In-House products?

Shouldn't the reg applies to all card applications?

EDIT:

So the reg only applies to the approval on "less than favorable terms" - what the heck dpes it mean? Higher interest rates? Who cares as long as one pays in full every month, when all it matters is the bonus being honored, and the card benefits being the same.

Besides, why would one has high 700's score would be approved on "less than favorable terms"?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy, Citi gave the FICO score on both App. The FICO appears when you click continue after the screen says you are approved. Scroll down and you will see your FICO score along with the T&C. Since I have two different scores, I can safely assume Citi pulled my score twice. They never used to give the score out but they do now.
Is this only available for Instant Approval?

EDIT:

Apparently it is not based on the prior posts CVG_kid kindly provided - that Citi sends 2 sheets of letter and the FICOs are on the 2nd sheet.

I went back to read the approval emails on husband's AA cards rec'd a month ago, there is no where about FICO nor a link to click thru. (the CLs are 11.5K and 15K respectively.) No 2nd page of the email, nor any hard copy letter ever received.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
So the reg only applies to the approval on "less than favorable terms" - what the heck dpes it mean? Higher interest rates? Who cares as long as one pays in full every month, when all it matters is the bonus being honored, and the card benefits being the same.

Besides, why would one has high 700's score would be approved on "less than favorable terms"?
What happens is the banks are showing a sliding scale of APRs on the applications. The APR you get is based on your credit worthiness. It will say something like 13.99% APR to 22.99% APR. Here's an example from the Citi ThankYou Premier Terms & Conditions.

Basically, if you don't get the most favorable (lowest) APR, the provisions of the 2009 Risk Based Pricing Amendment to the Fair Credit Reporting Act kick in and they have to disclose the FICO they used in the credit decision resulting in the less favorable APR. Of course if you get the lowest APR they're not required to disclose it.

Not sure if other banks do this but they must if they offer risk based pricing.

I've no knowledge of it showing online. I had mine in the paperwork that came when I opened the last account. I got the mid-tier APR I suppose as I had so many open Citi accounts since the FICO was 50 points over what I was expecting from my FAKOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.