Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Froog
I was just turned down on my recent AA business app due to too many inquiries! I was approved for the three others on my churn...chase personal, chase business, and barclays personal! Is there anyway around this? I received the two AA personal cards back in October!
Did you get the business card in October? Or just the two personal? You could always write to the exec office (the address is in the 75k master thread from last year) and tell them you need an AA card for your business expenses. I haven't heard of too many successful recon stories with too many inquiries (over the phone that is).
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:31 pm

just got turned down due to excess credit inquiries. funny thing they pulled from equifax , which has less inquiries than experien. and i have been approved by amex instantly who pulled from experiean. the reconsideration call also dint cut it. any advice on writing to president Ken stork as some folks have mentioned. anyone had success after being denied for too many recent inquiries through this approach.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Joe1690
When I called them and asked the specific date I had until to meet the spend requirement it was exactly 3 months from date of application approval. Thus while CSR's sometimes give out inaccurate information, the fact that they provided me with a specific date and it was exactly 3 months from application approval indicates that they probably are provided this information on their computer screen.
That's been my experiance too. 90 days from application. If the CSR says something different, document it and comfirm with PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:08 am

length of offer

any guesses how long this remaining offer will be valid?

I am guessing it won't be long b/c the other comparable offers were removed.

Thoughts?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by ddfr
any guesses how long this remaining offer will be valid?

I am guessing it won't be long b/c the other comparable offers were removed.

Thoughts?
I'm guessing you're right, but we've been suprised before. The best example is the Citi AA card hung around for close to a year at 75,000 until current 50,000. Every time a appt. site went down someone found another. Got to love FT, they produce time after time. ^
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:18 pm

So anyone got a MasterCard Premier version through the working links? Some of you applied for 2 cards using 2 browsers and they both showed up as Visa. Can you update what you actually got?

Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:53 pm
xp0

I am sure its been asked/said but I tried reading through the first few pages and the last few pages and didnt see it -- I can apply for both the Visa and MC at the same time and potentially be approved for both, providing me 100k "TYP", yes?

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Submitted apps last night using two different browsers with a minor variation in the info (added middle initial in one app); even though one was for MC & one for Visa, I seem to have ended up with 2 Visas (no middle initial).
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
So anyone got a MasterCard Premier version through the working links? Some of you applied for 2 cards using 2 browsers and they both showed up as Visa. Can you update what you actually got?
Cards arrived today: 1 Visa & 1 MC, even though the immediate confirmation pages at time of application both said Visa. And the MC does have my middle initial.

Originally Posted by xp0
I am sure its been asked/said but I tried reading through the first few pages and the last few pages and didnt see it -- I can apply for both the Visa and MC at the same time and potentially be approved for both, providing me 100k "TYP", yes?
Yes.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:37 am
xp0

Yes.

As I thought, thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:52 am

I have a regular citi thankyou card (targeted, 2% for 1st year then drops to 1% after that). It is not for preferred nor premier. I am thinking about applying for thankyou premier for 50K points. Do you think I will be eligible for sign-on bonus? I am not sure of "first-time citi thankyou point membership" language.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by djajsl
I have a regular citi thankyou card (targeted, 2% for 1st year then drops to 1% after that). It is not for preferred nor premier. I am thinking about applying for thankyou premier for 50K points. Do you think I will be eligible for sign-on bonus? I am not sure of "first-time citi thankyou point membership" language.
Yes you should be eligible for it. Go for it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:01 pm

Thanks.^

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Yes you should be eligible for it. Go for it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Cards arrived today: 1 Visa & 1 MC, even though the immediate confirmation pages at time of application both said Visa. And the MC does have my middle initial.

Yes.
Do you have to apply for both of them at the same time in order to receive the bonus for each?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by satz
Do you have to apply for both of them at the same time in order to receive the bonus for each?
That's a very good question. My wife has the Master card and I have the Visa. Maybe some one knows if we can apply for the other one 4 months later and get the bonus again? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
That's a very good question. My wife has the Master card and I have the Visa. Maybe some one knows if we can apply for the other one 4 months later and get the bonus again? Thanks

Wife and I got the MC the first time. As a test I had my wife apply for the Visa last week and it was approved, so I assume you can get both bonuses months apart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.