Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by glu800
Too bad! I was hoping the 2-browser trick would work for this as well Still, 50,000 TYP ain't bad!
Just for the record I did same day apps for this offer and the Citi 50k HHonors Visa and was approved for both. I called in for the TY Premier and the Hhonors Visa I applied for online.

Even if two TY Premier cards aren't possible with the two-browser trick, someone might try doing a TY Premier MC and a TY Preferred card.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Just for the record I did same day apps for this offer and the Citi 50k HHonors Visa and was approved for both. I called in for the TY Premier and the Hhonors Visa I applied for online.

Even if two TY Premier cards aren't possible with the two-browser trick, someone might try doing a TY Premier MC and a TY Preferred card.
Yeah, I would do the TY Preferred card, but the $10K spend requirement in one year is a bit much for me...
drbobguy, just wondering, do you have any other Citi cards besides the 2 that you were just approved for? I have 2 Citi AA cards (received them in May 2011) and I'm debating whether or not to cancel them first before applying for the TY Premier card.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by glu800
Yeah, I would do the TY Preferred card, but the $10K spend requirement in one year is a bit much for me...
drbobguy, just wondering, do you have any other Citi cards besides the 2 that you were just approved for? I have 2 Citi AA cards (received them in May 2011) and I'm debating whether or not to cancel them first before applying for the TY Premier card.
I have the AA personal visa and AA business visa (since June/July).
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by MJLouise
I got this even with the $125 ann fee and still consider it a good investment, to help pay for domestic econ tickets for a family of four. Those type of tix are hard to get with FF miles. Booking through the TY points portal offers many more choices, especially time-wise for a family on a tight time-line, than airline's FF low mileage flights.

Different purposes, different uses, different value for different situations.
FYI, I too was approved (in late August 2011) under the Citi Premier offer that required the $125 annual fee and have already been charged that fee & met my min spend.

Last week, I sent a secure message to Citi asking that the $125 annual fee be refunded based upon the new offer & my history as a Citi customer.

Just got Citi's reply that the $125 fee will be credited back to my account. ^
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by bk3day
FYI, I too was approved (in late August 2011) under the Citi Premier offer that required the $125 annual fee and have already been charged that fee & met my min spend.

Last week, I sent a secure message to Citi asking that the $125 annual fee be refunded based upon the new offer & my history as a Citi customer.

Just got Citi's reply that the $125 fee will be credited back to my account. ^
Congrats, always great when you don't have to pay the annual fee...great customer service on citi's side!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by drbobguy

Did it and have both in hand. Got a Preferred invite with $2,500 spend.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:14 pm

Can anyone with experience with this card explain the mileage bonus aspect?

I understand you a) buy ticket b) a few months later get miles flown matched as points on the card. I've heard the flown mileage points must match purchase points.

Now if one were to say redeem bonus miles on a carrier and pay the taxes/fees with this card, would one still get the miles from the flight?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by diljs
Can anyone with experience with this card explain the mileage bonus aspect?

I understand you a) buy ticket b) a few months later get miles flown matched as points on the card. I've heard the flown mileage points must match purchase points.

Now if one were to say redeem bonus miles on a carrier and pay the taxes/fees with this card, would one still get the miles from the flight?
I think you're talking about a program like Cap1 has. These are TYP's that you use to purchase Airline tickets or get gift cards. You use it to buy airline tickets on the TYP site you get $665 for 50,000 points or $500 for gift cards. There's alot of info in post #1 & #3 & #15. Very similar to Chases program.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Oct 28, 2011 at 10:10 am
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:44 am

I just submitted my app, it said decision will be mailed within 30 days... I already have two other Citi cards with a combined $50,000 limit so credit score is not an issue
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:04 pm

lower spending limit?

i went to google and searched "citi thank you 50000" and got a link from citi where it said the initial spend was only 2000.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...AA9B74CE8996E6

is that legit? or does citi.com and citicards.com just have different offers?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by barely_flying
i went to google and searched "citi thank you 50000" and got a link from citi where it said the initial spend was only 2000.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...AA9B74CE8996E6

is that legit? or does citi.com and citicards.com just have different offers?
That offer does not have annual fee waived the first year.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I think you're talking about a program like Cap1 has. These are TYP's that you use to purchase Airline tickets or get gift cards. You use it to buy airline tickets on the TYP site you get $665 for 50,000 points or $500 for gift cards. There's alot of info in post #1 & #3. Very similar to Chases program.
Incorrect. Nothing to do with Cap1. This card (Citi Premier) offers bonus points for miles flown on flights purchased with the card. Those are what my question refers to.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Intel
I just submitted my app, it said decision will be mailed within 30 days... I already have two other Citi cards with a combined $50,000 limit so credit score is not an issue
My wife and I got the same response. Two days later we each received an email congratulating us on our new card.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:07 am

Check out Happys post #15 on the first page. Happy seems to be very well versed on this program and many others.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Oct 28, 2011 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Both the UR points and TYPs are at $0.01 per point when redeeming Gift Card, and at $0.0133 per point when redeeming airline ticket.
I dunno if this was already discussed somewhere in the thread, but actually UR points are worth only $0.0125 per point when redeeming airline tickets through the UR Travel Tool, while TYPs are worth $0.0133 per point when redeeming through the TY Travel Center. Not a huge difference, but it's a 25% bonus versus a 33% bonus.

I was just approved for the TY Premier card yesterday! Hopefully the TY Travel Center flights match Kayak and the UR Travel Tool... looking to book some obscure domestic Laos flights worth about $400

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.