Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
The OP is kept quasi up-to-date. Non-working links are removed once it's known they're dead.

There have been debates about wiki's, but there's enough to suggest they also wouldn't be read, or there would be just as many questions that are covered in depth for them not to make a real difference.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Exec. Platinum
It's been over 2 weeks since i applied for the Amex link...still no update on them "processing" my application after calling every other day...
Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Thanks for posting the confirmation. Didn't think to call until I received the physical card and activated it. When I activate, I always ask them to confirm the bonus and spend terms. Did you just call the main Citi credit card customer service number? Or was it a reconsideration line (to speak with an analyst, even though you were already approved).

As for the debate, it strikes me as unusual to let threads grow to hundreds or thousands of posts and constantly consolidate new, similar threads into mega-threads. Perhaps not so bad if every mega-thread has a Guaranteed Updated post #1. Do moderators commit to this for consolidated threads? If so, then it seems reasonable to ask folks to read the first post and perhaps skim the last 5 pages of new ones.

At the other extreme, I've seen sites as a matter of policy close new posts very shortly (within days) after being created once a question is answered versus keeping threads open for years. Huge difference in moderating philosophies.

Might be interesting to trim the mega-threads and link to the out of date archived versions of them(for those interested in historical, perishable info older than X months/years). Some sort of rolling thread. Leaving an updated Post #1, and not many dozens, or hundreds, of pages of posts to wade through. Just a thought. Not sure how feasible it would be to implement.

Anyway, as a FT guest and beneficiary of its collective wisdom, it's hard to complain too much or too stridently about how things are done. I'm hugely grateful for the help and content available here, even if I do find mega-posts intimidating. :-)
I just called a reconsideration line to confirm the offer.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Just approved for personal Visa using link under point 2 after 21 months. Was previously rejected after 16 months.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by TWG2012
It's been over 2 weeks since i applied for the Amex link...still no update on them "processing" my application after calling every other day...
Great! Your card should arrive in the mail any day now.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by TWG2012
I was in the same boat for a recent application for the AMEX card. they actually had no status on my application after 2 weeks (I called). After ~3 weeks, I received my card in the mail. The effectively shortened my 4 months to reach the spending limit by a significant amount! My bad that I didn't read the terms ($$ and time limit) for the AMEX, assuming it was the same as the VISA....
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: AOPA
Is there a link for the 3k spending 4 month with$150 statement credit?

AA business
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Great! Your card should arrive in the mail any day now.
Agree with this. The new mantra for these old sketchy offer links seems to be that no news is good news. The app chugs its way through the mysterious bowels of citi for a couple weeks and then the card shows up. I'd stop calling them and let the magic happen - drawing attention to this is simply going to increase the chances of a human at citi meddling with it.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:37 pm

Received approval for the CITI Visa Personal Card from the link on post #1. Customer Service Rep verified the 50k AA miles after 2.5k spend in 4 months, and annual fee waived for the first year.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA PS, Hhonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by travelfish80
Received approval for the CITI Visa Personal Card from the link on post #1. Customer Service Rep verified the 50k AA miles after 2.5k spend in 4 months, and annual fee waived for the first year.
Same here! Applied last week and got the card today. CSR confirmed the bonus miles and annual fee waiver. Also she mentioned that, for the first year, it is an additional mile per every dollar spent.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:26 am

There were a couple of business card links in OP under #1 and I am not sure why they were removed. If they have gone dead, here are some additional 50k offers with landing pages for the Visa business card with various spend thresholds and benefits:

50k after $5,000 spend in the first 4 months and 2 Admirals Club passes:
Landing page: https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...EC662B4A55B3F1
Application page: https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006

50k after $2,000 spend in the first 4 months and $50 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within the first 12 months of cardmembership:
Landing page: https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...BABD65B688E968

40k after $2,000 in the first 4 months and additional 10k after $5,000 spend in the first 6 months, up to $100 statement credits, 2 Admirals Club passes:
Landing page: http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0BAD0DCB9F88C1

Last edited by michael_v; Apr 16, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
There were a couple of business card links in OP under #1 and I am not sure why they were removed. If they have gone dead, here are some additional 50k offers with landing pages for the Visa business card with various spend thresholds and benefits:

https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...EC662B4A55B3F1

https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...BABD65B688E968

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0BAD0DCB9F88C1
Thanks, this is great! Regarding the AC passes, do those have an expiration date (it doesn't sy anything about that in the T&C)? I seem to recall that they are valid only for the calendar year in which issued.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by michael_v

https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...EC662B4A55B3F1

https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...BABD65B688E968

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0BAD0DCB9F88C1
Awesome! Already submitted the application before Citi pulls the links. Hoping it comes.

BTW, does anybody have similar links for the personal cards?

Last edited by gv111; Apr 16, 2013 at 9:16 am
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta, American, United, Starwood, Hyatt
Data point from newbie so bear with me:

I received a targeted mailer offering 60,000 for AA Personal Visa with $2,500 spend in 4 months and applied via phone Sunday (4/14) and was approved for $5,000 CL.

I waited the full day yesterday and just applied for the AA Gold MC offering 30,000 with $750 in 4 months this morning and was approved online instantly.

One question: I haven't found clarity on whether these 1-2 day apart apps come in as two hard inquiries. My credit score got dinged 40 pts last check on CreditKarma because of a hard pull for the United MileagePlus last go-around.

PS: This is a great site and I'm happy to finally be jumping into the fray after many months of lurking.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ejdoran
Data point from newbie so bear with me:

I received a targeted mailer offering 60,000 for AA Personal Visa with $2,500 spend in 4 months and applied via phone Sunday (4/14) and was approved for $5,000 CL.

I waited the full day yesterday and just applied for the AA Gold MC offering 30,000 with $750 in 4 months this morning and was approved online instantly.

One question: I haven't found clarity on whether these 1-2 day apart apps come in as two hard inquiries. My credit score got dinged 40 pts last check on CreditKarma because of a hard pull for the United MileagePlus last go-around.

PS: This is a great site and I'm happy to finally be jumping into the fray after many months of lurking.

Unfortunately, whenever you apply for cards on different days then you will have 2 credit pulls. Bear in mind that a pull should not drop your score 40 points- rather- b/w 7 and 10 points so don't rely too much on CK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.