Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:52 am
Formerly known as jdd2po

FYI, my father and I were both targeted this week with mailers for the Citi Platinum Select/AAdvantage Visa Signature card with 60,000 miles after $2,000 spend within 3 months. My dad's offer had the $95 annual fee waived the first year; however, mine did not.

[EDIT] Scratch this offer, as the actual links to apply appear dead.
Also, I found this 40,000 mile offer with 20,000 mile checking bonus link is still active.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...ng/default.htm

But the terms say it expired in 2011. I see it was discussed here on FT and other places, but I was just curious if this may also still be live?

The downside to the above checking bonus if you may also get a 1099 from Citi.

Last edited by WideOpenSpaces; Feb 26, 2013 at 7:13 am
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jatink129
...I just think CITI is good when it comes to inquiries being combined.
Just to be clear, it has nothing to do with Citi. The credit bureaus will merge inquiries that occur on the same day when appear to be from the same entity. And in fact, not all Citi inquires will be merged, such as an AA/Hilton combination.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Just to be clear, it has nothing to do with Citi. The credit bureaus will merge inquiries that occur on the same day when appear to be from the same entity. And in fact, not all Citi inquires will be merged, such as an AA/Hilton combination.
So what happens if you Applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Mastercard? Would they be combined? Or freedom?

Just Curious.
Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:52 am

So what happens if you Applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Mastercard? Would they be combined? Or freedom?

Just Curious.
Thanks.
Did you have success in applying both CSP Visa & MC at the same time?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Kurosawa22
... I applied and was instantly approved for TWO 50k Visas... Both cards had the same closing date...50,000 miles appeared in my AA account. Only ONE bonus, mind you, not both. Yet, I got the card spends for both cards credited as miles so I knew both cards had been reported by Citi...

Well, too late to make a long story short, but I just checked my AAdvantage account and the other 50k bonus has arrived! So in summary, despite a few hiccups, I applied for the two 50k Visas on January 20 and I already have 100,000 bonus miles in my account on February 26. Not too shabby!
I remember your story, and I am glad everything worked out for you! Thanks for updating us.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
I remember your story, and I am glad everything worked out for you! Thanks for updating us.
Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by kn9ght
Did you have success in applying both CSP Visa & MC at the same time?
Ummm...I've never applied for both (together)..hence the question.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:33 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
citi aa and citi hilton 50k merged into 1 pull on EX
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Have an active Citi AA Visa from Aug '11.

Just applied and approved for the Citi AA AmEx.

Also applied for the Citi AA Biz but the initial representative denied the app and told me to 'wait for the letter by mail'. Called again and a nicer rep actually looked into the whole issue and said there is a problem with an account I closed a few years back. She couldn't see any 'Notes' for the closed account (to determine why it was closed) and I explained I voluntarily closed it myself; but apparently they have to verify the reason for which that account was closed before approving me (at least the application has gone back into Pending from Denied!).

Is this the norm for Citi Biz apps? Quite a strict criteria. I have a nearly 2-decade-long standing history with Citi, and didn't really expect the interrogation, partly because I'm yet to have an issue being approved by Citi for the few cards that I do have with them.

Hoping for the best after they are finished re-reviewing! This will be a nice 100k AA run if all works out.
This just happened to me as well. I'll try calling back in the morning to see if I can have this happen to me.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:16 pm

Hello everyone......long time lurker here but a first time poster. I am planning trips on AA in the summer. I wanted to know if I would get the first bag free if I apply to cards from the links in post 1 and post 4820. I also got an offer for 35k miles with $1500 spend from AA does it sound worthwhile? Please do let me know I would be really grateful
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott

Just Curious.
Thanks.
If you apply on the same day for 2 personal Chase cards, the inquiries will be merged because they are from the same division within Chase. Now, if you apply for a personal and biz card with Chase, you will end up with 2 inquiries because they will come from 2 different divisions even if they are from the same bank.

On a side note, Chase might not approve you for 2 Sapphire Preferred cards on the same day or if you already have one opened. You will need to close one before getting another one.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by RostyM
And I'm in for 50k miles. Thanks!
I saw you were looking for help, so am i,

I applied on Feb 14 but only got approved for the visa, but not for the Amex,

I want to apply now for my wife, can you please give the correct links from the first page, it's now very confusing, some of it changed to 40k,

Please give the links here in the post.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miles123
I saw you were looking for help, so am i,

I applied on Feb 14 but only got approved for the visa, but not for the Amex,

I want to apply now for my wife, can you please give the correct links from the first page, it's now very confusing, some of it changed to 40k,

Please give the links here in the post.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading is your friend, exclamation points are not.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Reading is your friend, exclamation points are not.
I'm not sure what does i botter you to help me and give me the links again,

I tried to read almost all the pages here, but can't figure it out.

Do you want to help me, I'm confused whcih 1 is for the 50k with 2500 spend?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miles123
I'm not sure what does i botter you to help me and give me the links again,

I tried to read almost all the pages here, but can't figure it out.

Do you want to help me, I'm confused whcih 1 is for the 50k with 2500 spend?
Again, read the first page, the links work fine for me. And I highly doubt you read 340 pages, if you had you wouldn't have any questions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.