Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jaybert
strange,heard back from them. they said I was coded for 50,000 miles after $2500 spending and the admiral club passes and nothing about the $150 statement credit. she asked me to scan the front/back of the offer so they could see it. I sent back the away7 link, as I dont have anything to mail. anyone else run into similar issues?
Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by allanfan
Do you have to fly AA in order to use the day pass?
Question--My husband and I are going to be using 2 guest passes on a trip to Europe this spring. (Still waiting for my passes in the mail.) Can we each invite a guest (so a total of 4 people) into the lounge? Also, can we use the LAX lounge prior to our flight and the ORD flight for the layover with one pass?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Day pass is only for one person, not for guests.

Yes, both prior to the flight & layover are good for one pass.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by figgarro
Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.
yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:01 am

yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.
I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:18 pm

I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.
did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:10 pm

Does anyone know if there are foreign transaction fees on card for the away7 offer?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:52 am

Hi everyone,
I am getting close to the 18 month from last time i applied for the citi aa card. My question is do i need to close my current citi visa and amex card before i apply for the new one?
thanks
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:00 am

did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.
I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:00 am

I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.
How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:22 am

Applied for the business card under the away7 offer. Used my name as business and 1,000 revenue. Got approved after I called with my application ID for $11,500 limit. I also verified the terms of the offer: 50K, $150 credit and 2 lounge passes.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?
$50 Purchase and I got a $150 credit
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:25 am

I already got a Citi Advantage Visa and Amex in my name plus one in my wife's name. I see there's also a Citi Advantage Mastercard offer of 30k miles with a $750 spend required in 4 months. It's now been over 60 days since each of us applied for the above cards.

Does anyone know if we can each get the Mastercard bonus as well? I know these offers always say first time card members but that isn't always enforced.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
I actually have the 75k mile cards, but that thread is now closed so I'm posting over here.

I usually cut my minimum spends close to the bone, and thought I was over the $4k threshold but wasn't getting the points. I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.

Luckily, the sum total of my foreign transaction fees was $150, and I still had time to spend on domestic purchases, but that strikes me as a little obnoxious. Not only do they charge you 3% if you use the card outside the US, but that 3% they are charging you doesn't count towards minimum spend.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yuengling
I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.
I think all of the card companies would tell you that... it's a fee, not a purchase.

Sucks, but think of all the miles you're getting anyway.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.