FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1262549-citi-aa-now-40k-plus-other-offers-they-appeared-9-2011-5-2013-a.html)

figgarro Dec 7, 2011 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jaybert (Post 17565706)
strange,heard back from them. they said I was coded for 50,000 miles after $2500 spending and the admiral club passes and nothing about the $150 statement credit. she asked me to scan the front/back of the offer so they could see it. I sent back the away7 link, as I dont have anything to mail. anyone else run into similar issues?

Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.

Bohemiana Dec 7, 2011 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan (Post 17577465)
Do you have to fly AA in order to use the day pass?

Question--My husband and I are going to be using 2 guest passes on a trip to Europe this spring. (Still waiting for my passes in the mail.) Can we each invite a guest (so a total of 4 people) into the lounge? Also, can we use the LAX lounge prior to our flight and the ORD flight for the layover with one pass?

allanfan Dec 7, 2011 4:45 pm

Day pass is only for one person, not for guests.

Yes, both prior to the flight & layover are good for one pass.

jaybert Dec 7, 2011 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by figgarro (Post 17582714)
Have you heard anything back from them? I have the same situation, I just messaged them asking how long for my credit to post. I made my AA purchase back on November 27th, my statement just closed yesterday, no credit yet.

yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.

figgarro Dec 8, 2011 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jaybert (Post 17586126)
yea they eventually told me via their online contact to call in. i called in and they asked if I had the offer letter (i said no), and she said to fax in a printout of the website with my card #, etc, and they would get back to me in a couple days. I did that yesterday, but have not heard anything yet. I'll update if I end up getting the statement credit, or if they continue to deny me.

I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.

jaybert Dec 8, 2011 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by figgarro (Post 17588946)
I also heard back from them, they stated that it may take up to two statement cycles for the the credit to post.

did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.

Jax78 Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Does anyone know if there are foreign transaction fees on card for the away7 offer?

Belllaaa Dec 13, 2011 4:52 am

Hi everyone,
I am getting close to the 18 month from last time i applied for the citi aa card. My question is do i need to close my current citi visa and amex card before i apply for the new one?
thanks

figgarro Dec 13, 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jaybert (Post 17592627)
did they confirm you wre getting the credit? I never got that information, only to fax it in and they would see.

I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.

michael_v Dec 13, 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by figgarro (Post 17617625)
I never received any kind of confirmation from citi that I would receive the credit, however I had a credit post yesterday on the Visa card. It posted the same day the card cycled.

How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?

michael_v Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am

Applied for the business card under the away7 offer. Used my name as business and 1,000 revenue. Got approved after I called with my application ID for $11,500 limit. I also verified the terms of the offer: 50K, $150 credit and 2 lounge passes.

figgarro Dec 13, 2011 8:36 am

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 17617629)
How much was your AA purchase and how much the credit?

$50 Purchase and I got a $150 credit

Long Islander Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am

I already got a Citi Advantage Visa and Amex in my name plus one in my wife's name. I see there's also a Citi Advantage Mastercard offer of 30k miles with a $750 spend required in 4 months. It's now been over 60 days since each of us applied for the above cards.

Does anyone know if we can each get the Mastercard bonus as well? I know these offers always say first time card members but that isn't always enforced.

Yuengling Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I actually have the 75k mile cards, but that thread is now closed so I'm posting over here.

I usually cut my minimum spends close to the bone, and thought I was over the $4k threshold but wasn't getting the points. I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.

Luckily, the sum total of my foreign transaction fees was $150, and I still had time to spend on domestic purchases, but that strikes me as a little obnoxious. Not only do they charge you 3% if you use the card outside the US, but that 3% they are charging you doesn't count towards minimum spend.

MDtR-Chicago Dec 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Yuengling (Post 17620580)
I called Citi to complain, and they told me that the 3% foreign transaction fee DOES NOT count towards the minimum spend.

I think all of the card companies would tell you that... it's a fee, not a purchase. :D

Sucks, but think of all the miles you're getting anyway.......