Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Just tried linking a new Citi Hilton Visa to my existing Citi online account (currently tied to a CitiForward card). Repeated attempts to link the new card resulted in an error mesage "The information entered does not match our records." When I called web support, the rep claimed that the Hilton card must be managed from a separate site (which is just wrong; I ended up creating a second Citi account with a different username, accessible from the same old Citi login page).

Have others been able to link a Hilton Visa to other Citi cards? If so, any suggestions for what I might do differently? It would be nice to manage both cards through a single sign-on.

Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:02 pm

citi co-brands require separate logins
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dchoe
citi co-brands require separate logins
I don't believe this is accurate. I have Citi Chairman on the same login as co-branded Citi AAdvantage card.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:54 am

All the information needs to be exactly the same on the accounts - phone number, mailing address, permanent address, etc. I called in to Citibank when I got the AA card and they sorted it out for me - but it was kind of a huge mess because they had to look at my other records and match them and there was probably some more security stuff etc.

You must have gotten a rep who didn't feel like going through the trouble. Try again! You might let them know that the information might be different on the two accounts.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I don't believe this is accurate. I have Citi Chairman on the same login as co-branded Citi AAdvantage card.
Originally Posted by bver100
All the information needs to be exactly the same on the accounts - phone number, mailing address, permanent address, etc. I called in to Citibank when I got the AA card and they sorted it out for me - but it was kind of a huge mess because they had to look at my other records and match them and there was probably some more security stuff etc.

You must have gotten a rep who didn't feel like going through the trouble. Try again! You might let them know that the information might be different on the two accounts.
I did call back & speak to a US-based supervisor. Although she kept making the same not-really-correct claim -- "the Hilton card uses a separate website" -- it seems as if what she was trying to say, however inartfully, is that the Hilton card accounts are served by a separate back end. She noted that this is distinct from the personal Citi AA cards, which can be linked to other Citi accounts. (That is consistent with my own experience, and with mia's comment above, although Citi biz cards are another matter.)

Baffling that they would do it this way for a Hilton consumer card. Then again, if Citi did everything sensibly, many of us would be much less AAdvantaged.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:45 pm

These citi cobrands require their own login

CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Hilton HHonors® Visa® Signature Card
Macy's Credit Card
Sears Card
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/...inks&siteId=CB
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Interesting, although I remain baffled by Citi's insistence that one must go to the "correct" login page for a given co-brand. (Seriously, just say that you can't link accounts & be done with it.) Most of this is window-dressing: for instance, I can go to the HHonors page and sign into my CitiForward account.

Last edited by mia; Jun 13, 2011 at 1:23 pm Reason: Prune quotation
Old Jun 13, 2011, 1:26 pm
mia

Thank you ^. I had a mental summary which said that gasoline and department store cards, which are not shown on citicards.com, required a separate login, but I didn't realize that Hilton is the exception.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:16 pm

I think at one point I had 5 or 6 citi card logins - att/hilton/associated bank/citi personal/citi business/etc..

annoying, but guess it was worth it for all the churning and 0%/no fee BT. although now with 1password,yodlee, and no more BTs, it's not that big of a deal anymore.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by mia
do you have the citi chairman amex or mc?

i have the chairman amex and although the name and account number are listed with my other citi accounts on my citibank.com page, it lists only the chairman account number and text stating:
"Only limited information and services are available for this account on this site. Please be aware that some time soon you will no longer be able to see this account on your home page. For complete details and to manage this credit card online, visit: http://www.citichairmancard.com."

although people from the chairman amex helpdesk have told me that their card's information can be linked directly with my other citibank accounts on the citibank.com website, everyone at citibank has repeatedly told me that doing so is impossible because it is from a different organisation.

has anyone been able to successfully (fully) link a chairman american express in with their other citibank accounts without having to resort to a separate login at either the www.citichairmancard.com or www.accountonline.com sites?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Hilton HHonors® Visa® Signature Card
Macy's Credit Card
Sears Card
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/...inks&siteId=CB
Well, that's not even a complete list! The AT&T Universal Card also requires its own login (at universalcard.com).

And if they left off one, how many more did they leave off?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bver100
All the information needs to be exactly the same on the accounts - phone number, mailing address, permanent address, etc.
Well, it can't possibly be (at least in my case).

When I applied for AA cards, it accepted my existing password from previous AA cards.

But when I applied for the HH card, even though I used the AA card as a "shortcut", it forced me to choose a password question. None of the questions remotely matched my existing password, so I had to choose a new question and a new password. (And when I call, I have to ask them to tell me the question, because it's a question I've never had online ever before, and so I keep forgetting it. Only when I hear the question can I remember what new password I chose.)

So all my data is the same on both accounts except for the password. (Unless they applied the new password over at my AA accounts too?)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
do you have the citi chairman amex or mc?
MasterCard. I was never invited to convert, and I'm happier with this one.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Citi business and personal cards on one account

I just recieved the aa business card from citi. I tried to add it to my online account but could not do it.

Do I need to set up a new online account to review my Business card?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 4:54 pm

Wink Citibusiness cards

You have to set up a separate account under Citibusinesscreditcards.com

Good info there too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.