Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 20, 9:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66-Conoco-76TM MasterCard
Phillips 66-Conoco-76TM Platinum MasterCard
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard from Citi Cards
Sunoco MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Old May 6, 16, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead View Post
Depends. Citi, for whatever reason, will not allow co-branded cards to share the same user name/password. So if you have an AAdvantage personal card, that's one account (one user name/password), and if you have some other personal co-branded card, say a HHonors card, that's another account (a different user name/password). And if you have a business card, that's another account (yet another user name/password).
This is not accurate in my experience. I have multiple Citi HHonors cards, multiple Citi AAdvantage personal cards, and a Citi ThankYou card all tied to the same online account. The way I do this is:
1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.

When looking at my main account view I can see point balances for my Citi ThankYou, HHonors, and AAdvantage accounts along the right-hand side.

It would drive me crazy to have separate online accounts for each Citi co-branded card type. If you currently do and want to combine them all, I'd recommend following the steps I list above until you get to #5, and "Unlink" cards from old accounts and link them to your new/main account.

I also have a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card and did need to create a separate account for that one, which I hated having to do.
Old May 7, 16, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to add my new TYP Premier card to my AT&T Universal World card login. (I chose that, instead of AA or HH, as the first try, because both Premier and AT&T Universal are TYP cards.)

I have no banking relationship with Citi other than credit cards.

Has this particular mix (adding a non-partner card to any partner card) been possible for a while?

Or have the AT&T cards really not been treated as co-brand cards? (None of them are on the list of co-brand cards in the wiki.)
Old May 7, 16, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA View Post
This is not accurate in my experience. I have multiple Citi HHonors cards, multiple Citi AAdvantage personal cards, and a Citi ThankYou card all tied to the same online account. The way I do this is:

When looking at my main account view I can see point balances for my Citi ThankYou, HHonors, and AAdvantage accounts along the right-hand side.

It would drive me crazy to have separate online accounts for each Citi co-branded card type. If you currently do and want to combine them all, I'd recommend following the steps I list above until you get to #5, and "Unlink" cards from old accounts and link them to your new/main account.

I also have a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card and did need to create a separate account for that one, which I hated having to do.
Do you have a banking (checking / savings / CitiGold) relationship with Citi? People who do can combine all cards under one login. People who don't generally can't. Since you didn't mention whether you do or not, could it be that you do and that's why you're able to do it?
Old May 7, 16, 9:24 am

I was going to add, I am aware of the link accounts function, and I tried it, but it never worked. Their Web site would also serve up a URL labeled "link your new card," something to that effect, but it would not work and I actually had to call them to get access. The rep said a different login was required, which struck me as idiocy. But I wasn't surprised because their Web site seems to be less polished than some others: with certain browsers in Windows 10, I find it is sloooooooow to load, for example. I've had statements that are supposed to be available as PDF documents, and they couldn't be downloaded, or were only available as some other kind of file.

Regarding the banking side, I have no banking accounts at Citi at this time.

I just noticed the link provided upthread:
Originally Posted by Wiki in the other thread
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard
Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66-Conoco-76TM MasterCard
Phillips 66-Conoco-76TM Platinum MasterCard
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard from Citi Cards
Sunoco MasterCard
The Home Depot

Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Last edited by zippy the pinhead; May 7, 16 at 9:29 am Reason: It is early, no coffee yet
Old May 7, 16, 9:34 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Do you have a banking (checking / savings / CitiGold) relationship with Citi? People who do can combine all cards under one login. People who don't generally can't. Since you didn't mention whether you do or not, could it be that you do and that's why you're able to do it?
My wife and I only have CC's with Citi, AA and non-AA cards, all are on one account for both of us.

edit: Looking at the wiki above, I have the listed Hilton card on the same account with both my AA platinums.

Last edited by fredc84; May 7, 16 at 10:54 am
Old May 7, 16, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
No, I have no other relationship with Citi aside from credit cards, and never have.

Can you explain the gratuitous use of bolding, underlining, and emojis in your posts, especially for the above where you are simply asking one single question? I've noticed it in many of your comments and it really appears condescending, especially when my post was a clear attempt to both provide a data point and to help others who may not know with a step-by-step guide.

Emphasis in typography can be helpful when trying to explain something complex, but your posts are often more difficult to read due to overuse.
Old May 7, 16, 10:23 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
No, I have no other relationship with Citi aside from credit cards, and never have.

Can you explain the gratuitous use of bolding, underlining, and emojis in your posts, especially for the above where you are simply asking one single question? I've noticed it in many of your comments and it really appears condescending, especially when my post was a clear attempt to both provide a data point and to help others who may not know with a step-by-step guide.

Emphasis in typography can be helpful when trying to explain something complex, but your posts are often more difficult to read due to overuse.
For some people . including me its very helpful . Condescending ? Isnt that a stretch.
Old May 7, 16, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC View Post
For some people . including me its very helpful . Condescending ? Isnt that a stretch.
Yes, condescending in the sense that one is being talked down to because one can't read and understand plain text. To each his own, I guess.

Back on track, I applied using a 50k mailer that was targeted for a neighbor (different name, different address) at the beginning of the month. Just received the welcome letter with bonus verbiage. Intend to match to 60k when card in hand.
Old May 7, 16, 3:05 pm

So I did have to create a new login and then call Citi to unlink all the remaining single cards from previous logins. But I was able to add Hilton, AAdvantage, and my TY Premier all to the same login. Citi's IT is so backwards.
Old May 7, 16, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
I have no bank accounts with Citi. I have a Hilton card, AA card, Dividend card, TY Premier card and Double Cash card all under one login. Went through the simple account linking procedure when I received each card.

Last edited by meecal; May 7, 16 at 3:12 pm
Old May 7, 16, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by meecal View Post
I have no bank accounts with Citi. I have a Hilton card, AA card, Dividend card, TY Premier card and Double Cash card all under one login. Went through the simple account linking procedure when I received each card.
It's easy if you don't have a bunch of cards from when they required separate logins and can just add as you go now.
Old Jun 20, 16, 1:24 pm

I had no trouble linking my new Costco card to my account - I have no relationship with Citi other than credit cards.

I almost created a separate id until I realized I wanted them all in one account, and using the "Link a new card" method worked for me.
Old Jun 27, 16, 9:20 am

Thank you for the step by step, worked perfect. Was able to add my new Costco card to my existing Hilton card. Called in to activate the Costco card.
Old Jul 8, 16, 9:49 am

Actually, if you have a CitiGold account, the co-branded hilton cards CAN be merged into one account. Not sure about the business cards since I don't have one at this time.
Old Jul 14, 16, 12:43 am

Hilton cards linkable

FYI, I was on the phone with Citi tech support with an unrelated issue with my new Costco Visa. Along the way, I happened to ask about linking the Hilton card, and the tech mentioned that, while you used to need a separate account, the card can now be linked to IDs with other credit card accounts as of around January or February of this year. So for all the confusion here, it's a recent change at least for the Hilton card.

Search this Thread