Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Hide Wikipost
Old May 6, 20, 9:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 26, 15, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txpenny View Post
If you can download in Quicken (which is an option), is there really a difference created by the multiple cards that precludes DL to Quickbooks?
I have no idea. I know nothing about how Quickbooks differs from Quicken.

Have you tried contacting Citi tech support and asking them about this?
Old Feb 27, 15, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, MB LTTE/A HH DIA, DL
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
I have no idea. I know nothing about how Quickbooks differs from Quicken.

Have you tried contacting Citi tech support and asking them about this?
Yes, according to the tech that was reading some canned message, "There are no upcoming releases that include Quickbooks DL options".

Quickbooks is geared toward business and includes detailed functionality for invoicing, payables, job costs, payroll, etc. Credit card and banking functionality are virtually the same as Quicken as much as I recollect before my switch from PCs to Mac. I have several LLC's for varying purposes and even run my personal finances out of QBs. Most credit card companies offer QB DL interfaces with the few exceptions; Citi Business is the notable exception. Even Citi Hilton has QB web connect and DL capabilities. Amex Business works flawlessly, and I'm pretty sure (without looking) I have the same flexibility with employee cards as I do with Citi Business.
Old Feb 27, 15, 9:22 am

Yes, according to the tech that was reading some canned message, "There are no upcoming releases that include Quickbooks DL options".
Update: The expert who was supposed to call me back did this morning. By far and away this was the best agent at CitiBiz.

As feared, I was locked out again when trying to log on with the agent this morning. Agent three appears to be correct. Special characters in the password (I was using a $) cause intermittent problems logging on. After clearing cache's and history on all browsers, I'm finally able to log in and out without being locked out.

Also, and perhaps best of all - THIS agent told me that web connect for QB has been available to CitiBiz clients for years. You have to activate it from within your software. Did so and it worked flawlessly. Thank you!

I have edited my incorrect posts.
Old Mar 4, 15, 12:13 pm

Lack of Quickbooks integration

I would like to shift my business spending to Citi, but the inability to download the transactions into Quickbooks is a no-go for me. It's really hard to understand how/why Citi chooses not to offer this option, given the dominant marketshare quickbooks has. I understand that the way Citi's business cards are set up is different, and it might take some effort, but I'm somewhat flabbergasted that Citi doesn't offer this ability. I simply don't have the time to manually enter a hundred or more credit card transactions per month into my accounting software.
Old Mar 4, 15, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by jchock1 View Post
I would like to shift my business spending to Citi, but the inability to download the transactions into Quickbooks is a no-go for me. It's really hard to understand how/why Citi chooses not to offer this option, given the dominant marketshare quickbooks has. I understand that the way Citi's business cards are set up is different, and it might take some effort, but I'm somewhat flabbergasted that Citi doesn't offer this ability. I simply don't have the time to manually enter a hundred or more credit card transactions per month into my accounting software.
They do have the web-connect option for Quickbooks, which is way better than the standard DL page from the CitiBiz site. From web-connect, you click a button inside QBs and all posted transactions are automatically entered into your register.
Old Mar 4, 15, 1:56 pm

They do have the web-connect option for Quickbooks, which is way better than the standard DL page from the CitiBiz site. From web-connect, you click a button inside QBs and all posted transactions are automatically entered into your register.
Is that called direct connect? I believe there's a monthly fee involved, but I'll check it out nevertheless. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 15, 5:40 am

Update: The expert who was supposed to call me back did this morning. By far and away this was the best agent at CitiBiz.

As feared, I was locked out again when trying to log on with the agent this morning. Agent three appears to be correct. Special characters in the password (I was using a $) cause intermittent problems logging on. After clearing cache's and history on all browsers, I'm finally able to log in and out without being locked out.

Also, and perhaps best of all - THIS agent told me that web connect for QB has been available to CitiBiz clients for years. You have to activate it from within your software. Did so and it worked flawlessly. Thank you!

I have edited my incorrect posts.
Spoke too soon. Locked out again.

Is there someone from CITIBANK who monitors this site???
Old Mar 6, 15, 6:25 am

What really is upsetting, is that I have 17 credit cards (I counted). 7 are CitiCards (HHonors x 2 (me and wife), Exec x 2 (m/w), AAdvantage Platinum Select x 2 (m/w), and the CitiBiz.

I have no issues logging in to access 16 of 17 credit cards. I don't have to clear cache or browsing history for 16 of 17 credit cards. 16 of 17 credit cards work with both of my browsers on my mac book pro.

CITIBIZ - IS ANYBODY PAYING ATTENTION ???
Old May 2, 15, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Well, I don't have either checking or savings accounts with Citi. But I do have Citi Aadvantage Executive card. When I got Citi Hilton I obviously went to my Citi online account and tried to link HH card to that account. I got bunch of errors from the site and used "Chat" feature to inquire about it. When the agent told me I had to create a separate account for my second Citi card I initially thought that rep was let out of Bellevue a few weeks too soon. Then I went on a business trip and when I got back I remembered about my unfinished quest and went online again. After seeing those errors again on the Citi site I somehow still managed to add the HH card to my AA account!!! I did make a small mistake of giving that HH account a "nickname". Well, I though that like with anything else in account settings nothing is permanent, right? Not so. There was no was to get rid of that nickname. I could only change it, but not roll back to the original credit card description on the website. So, I contacted the chat again. This time I was told to call the customer service number and they would fix it right away. And so I did. What I was told really surprised me. According to the rep I wasn't supposed to be able to link those two accounts and the rep had no idea what did I do and how was I able to do it. This begs a question, if I could do something on the Citibank online banking site that I was not supposed to do and no one knew how that was possible then what else could be done on that website that no one would know about? This doesn't make me feel very safe accessing their online banking site.
Old Aug 11, 15, 2:37 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
I have three cards on one account (Forward, Diamond Preferred, Simplicity) and the Hilton on the 2nd.

Pretty lame that you can't link them all, but I have 7 Chase cards ALL on one account....
I ran into the same issue. I think Chase uses your SSN to link products. Citi has not figured it out yet. I called them and didn't get anywhere. Their Twitter account said they have forwarded the request to their web development team.
There goes another year until they do something about it.
Old Sep 18, 15, 1:09 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
When will Citi combine personal and business cards in same online account?

Citi sent me an email detailing how its new website now incorporates all credit card accounts in one website account.

WRONG. I have Citi ThankYou Premier AND CitiBusiness AAdvantage credit cards. Only the Citi ThankYou Premier account is on the regular website account. I still have to log into a separate CitiBusiness website account to access my AA card account.

Citi is the only major bank with which I have personal AND business cards that does not include them together in the same online account. BofA, Amex, Chase, and Barclay all do. You know your bank sucks when it can't keep up even with BofA.

Citi, this is pathetic. Please get your IT team up to speed to fix this ridiculous omission and glaring frustration.
Old Sep 18, 15, 7:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver
It's even worse if you have the Hilton Reserve, it has to be on a separate account from the other two. Basically I have three logins....personal, business, and Hilton Reserve. Called to Citi twice and both times confirmed they could not be merged.
Old Nov 2, 15, 9:43 am

Hilton Reserve and Signature cards...

...can now be merged into your Citi personal login ID with your other Citi personal cards. Call Personal Card Support at 800-347-4934 and if you get Marcello, count yourself very fortunate. He's the best guy there.

Biz cards still cannot and probably never will be mergable into a personal account.

Now I'm down to only two ID's!

Geoff
Old Jan 28, 16, 7:37 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
If you're not familiar with Citi, you may not realize that unlike most other banks, Citi does not allow most people to have all of their different of cards under one online login. I'm not familiar with Prestige, so I can't be sure, but it's quote possible you may need to establish a different online account for the Prestige card than for the AA card. (All AA cards, should you later get others, can be under one online account. Presumably all Citi TYP cards, should you later get others, can be under another one online account
Citi does allow you to use the same login for their AA and Prestige cards. However, you must create a different login for the Citi Hilton cards.

Last edited by mia; Jan 29, 16 at 5:56 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 28, 16, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eajusa View Post
Citi does allow you to use the same login for their AA and Prestige cards. However, you must create a different login for the Citi Hilton cards.
If you have the same login for AA and Prestige, do you still get a "view my miles" link on the right of your Accounts Summary which takes you to the spend bonus tracker for AA? And do you also get a "view my Thank You Points" link too in that same Accounts Summary too?

The only Thank You Points card I have is the AT&T Universal Card, and that requires yet a third login (from the AA and Hilton cards). So that's why I don't understand how looking at your earnings works if you have a combined login for cards that earn different types of rewards (AA miles vs TYP, etc) at Citi.

Search this Thread